- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Indoor Common Areas
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Princeton Windrows - Different By Design
We moved from CT to Princeton Windrows 3 years ago to downsize our life and start over in a new community. Both objectives have been accomplished with ideal results. Windrows has lived up to every expectation -- carefree living in a beautiful neighborhood, lovely new friends, fabulous amenities and activities, including fitness center, day trips, lectures, and delicious food. Come and see!
Not the best
My cousin was a resident at Princeton Windrow for many years [removed]. Yes, they are friendly and [removed]. If you go visit, ask any of the residents and they will tell you coats, jewelry and other nice things are [removed] It is rampant. If you cannot clean your room yourself, they do not clean it. They do not make repairs either. Princeton Windrows looks very nice from the outside and the entryway is very inviting. Put your loved one somewhere else.
Very nice facility but not appropriat...
Very nice facility but not appropriate for my parents. Is not a true Assisted Living facility.
Princeton Windrows is a gracious independent living community of villas, town homes, and apartment style condominiums for active adults 55 plus who appreciate the value of home ownership without the burdens. Princeton Windrows lets you maintain control of your assets, financial future and health care choices while enhancing your independent in a service-rich environment.
Maintenance free living is the lifestyle at Princeton Windrows with club-style dining, banking and wellness services, transportation, and more. Housekeeping, landscaping, and maintenance services as well as 24-hour security give residents peace of mind and allow them to enjoy their homes without the hassle of daily upkeep.
Princeton, New Jersey is an open, semi-wooded town that sits in the heart of the Garden State. The town is home to prestigious Princeton University. The community has very distinct seasons of spring, summer, winter, and fall and has a walkability score of 34, so it is a car-dependent area. Other information about Princeton is as follows:
- The population is about 30,000.
- There are 270 senior living communities.
- Average high temperature for summer is 80-85 degrees with summer lows of 59-63. Winter high temperatures range from 38-50 with lows from 21-31 degrees.
Driving in Princeton can be a hassle, so seniors can take advantage of several transportation options.
- Ride shares include Crosstown transportation that has door-to-door car transportation within Princeton. This service is for people aged 65 and older and those with disabilities. RideProvide door-to-door service is for adults 65 years of age and older or the visually impaired.
- Buses: Princeton's free bus service and the New Jersey Transit buses. Seniors 62 and older ride at a reduced rate.
- Taxis: Joes Princeton Taxi and Limo Service , Princeton Lee Taxi and A1 Princeton Taxi.
Health and Safety
In case of an emergency, it's nice to know that there is a place close by to go to for medical help. There is only one hospital found in Princeton, New Jersey and they love the senior citizen.
Hospitals: University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro is the only hospital inside of Princeton.
Sports and Leisure
Staying in shape and learning to relax can be a challenge, especially if you are new to retirement. Princeton has several things to keep you occupied, such as fitness facilities, golf, tennis, and shopping. Some of the places that are available to keep you active are:
- Fitness: Princeton Fitness and Wellness Center and Princeton Family YMCA to name just a couple.
- Golf Courses in or near Princeton include Springdale Golf Club, Bunker Hill Golf Course and Princeton Country Club.
- Tennis courts and clubs include Pretty Brook Tennis Club, and indoor club Winning Touch Tennis.
Shopping and Entertainment
What is living the good senior life without shopping, theater, and museums? Princeton offers an array of shops, restaurants, and other locations that make finding fun while living in this community a snap. Mercer County has a rich and colorful history that dates back to 1675. The city is so rich in history that you will find many museums, gardens, and festivities.
- Restaurants: several places to eat, Bahama Breeze Island Grille, Yankee Doodle Tap Room, Hoagie Haven, Wendy's, Burger King or Subway.
- Shopping: seniors can enjoy excellent shopping at Princeton Shopping Center with over 40 storefronts, and Palmer Square in downtown Princeton.
- Attractions: Morven Museum and Garden, Princeton University Art Museum and Terhune Orchards.
- Annual Events include Jazzfest at Palmer Square in Downtown Princeton, three-week performing arts gathering Princeton Festival ,Indo American Fair , Mercer County Italian American Festival and Patriots Week.
- Libraries: reading is the best way to keep your mind sharp. The Princeton Public Library can help provide you with a steady supply of material.
Princeton, New Jersey has an array of Churches of all faiths, giving seniors a choice of where they will attend. Some of the choices include:
Princeton United Methodist Church, Stone Hill Church of Princeton, St. Paul Roman Catholic Church, and Nassau Presbyterian Church. There are many religious facilities in Princeton.