Prairie Homestead - Wichita, KS

Great community!

What a wonderful community of residents and staff! Prairie Homestead is like living in a neighborhood where everyone knows each other and cares about all the neighbors. I never thought I wanted to leave my house, but I love being here where my repairs and lawn are taken care of, and where I'm in small group activities and have a convenient outdoor place to stroll around our pond. I moved to PH in my mid-60's, and I am so glad I chose this friendly community. Another bonus -- we're near the Wichita Art Museum, Century II for symphony and Music Theatre, and mid-way between Dillons, Walmart and Braums ... very handy!

As one begins to consider retirement years, it may be the Independent or Assisted Living opportunities at Prairie Homestead Senior Living that fits into your plans. Serving the Wichita community since 1965, Prairie Homestead is centered on the motivation and influence of the Christian faith. As a non-profit Senior Living community, related to the American Baptist Churches, U.S.A., we are non-sectarian and accepting of all faiths. We welcome you to visit our campus and learn about the complete array of Independent and Assisted Living homes and available services.
Independent Living
- 2 & 3 Bedroom Maintenance Free Twin homes with garage
- 1 & 2 Bedroom Maintenance Free Apartment homes with carports
- One meal daily, restaurant style setting in main dining room
- Emergency call system within Twin and Apartment homes
- Wellness Monitoring
- Walking paths
- Library
- Vesper Services on Sunday afternoon
- On campus Chapel
- Entertainment room for celebrations, parties, club meetings etc. (No charge to reserve)
- Variety of enriching activities
- B-eauty/barber Services
- Transportation to scheduled shopping outing events

Assisted Living

- One bedroom enclosed apartment homes
- Individual Climate Control in each apartment home
- Kitchenette in each apartment home, complete with small refrigerator and microwave
- All utilities (except phone & cable)
- Personalized assistance with dressing, bathing and medications
- 24 hr. Emergency Pendent necklace
- Emergency Call Systems in each apartment home
- 24 hr. staff availability
- Wellness Monitoring
- Walk in showers
- Weekly laundry and linen service
- Weekly housekeeping