Sedgwick Plaza - Wichita, KS

Sedgwick Plaza is a great place to live.

When we first walked into Sedgwick Plaza we were greeted with a smile and the place looked great. When taking a tour we passed several residents and every single one appeared to love it there. There are different size rooms to choose from and all are a good size. We were invited to lunch and sampled the food from the menu. They have some great food. Overall we thought that Sedgwick Plaza was excellent, and as a bonus it is several hundred dollars less then all the other places we toured.

The rooms/apartments are very good. The kitchenette doesn't really need a stove, but it's really nice to see. The 7am to 7pm dining is something else, very nice surprise. Other places only offer set times, and that's it. The exterior is not exactly the most inviting, but we live inside, that's what matters most.

What I see!!!

My Mother in law is still adjusting to living at this community. She thinks that she will like it once she gets settled in. The food is good. The community is always clean and the staff are fantastic. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

We toured 4 places, and they were all fine, Sedgwick Plaza was one of them.

We toured 4 places, and they were all fine, Sedgwick Plaza was one of them. We chose a different place based on the room available, and the better fit for my loved ones. We did not see anything concerning though, they all seemed fairly comparable.

Sedgwick Plaza has been good. The cleanliness is down due to them remodeling for a long time now. Otherwise, I have nothing but good stuff to say about them, they've been great. The food is good, I've eaten there several times. The staff and residents bring food to my Mom to help try and get her to eat, she doesn't always go down for meals.

Friendly caring facility -

My Mom loved being at Sedgwick Plaza. She was hesitant to move to an assisted living, but once she settled in she enjoyed all the friendly people - residents & care givers.
The office staff were always helpful with our questions & needs.

A reasaonable place to reside if you need some assistance.

You get what you pay for so forget perfection. This is a modestly priced facility with a good value considering the
amenities. For those in need of a secure and reasonable assisted living accommodations this is a good value. The administrative staff do a good job of managing the property and providing for the residents needs. For those who demand immediate resolution to on going repairs, gourmet food and immediate services this is not for you. Normal expectations and reasonable wait time to be served in the dining area occur. (Like most facilities of this kind). Weekends and after 5 pm, most problem may have to wait, with the exception of emergency maintenance services. On call personnel are available but being there and on call have two different meanings for residents and staff, in my opinion.
The staff prides themselves on being friendly and as accommodating as possible and I would rate them good comparable to similar facilities. All businesses work within budgets but must manage expenditures commensurate with a profit margin. ( At least in the real world) I would surmise this facility is financial sound.
Overall this facility has some unique and creative management personnel that will continue to improve residential favorability, stability and longevity with the current management staff.

I wasn't very impressed with them.

I toured here when I was looking into options. I wasn't very impressed with them. Nothing specific, but I wouldn't recommend them.

Reasonable Price

When you first walk in the living and dining area is amazing. The rooms are nice up to date and clean. All the residents seem to be happy and so does my loved one. I haven't had her complain about anything and everything seem to be going good. The price is reasonable.

So far is working out.

It's a clean place, and the staff is friendly. It took about a week to get a work order for a light bulb to be changed. So maintenance has been a little slow. The linen service is prompt and they do a good job. There are some nice activities there. They do have transportation available for appointments. The food I would give a four, we were very impressed when we ate there at first. Though we have had a meal that was just okay. I feel like they have a good variety of menus and salad bar. It looks good to me.

My parents moved to Sedgwick Plaza summer of 2006 after my mom had a major stroke. They found it to be clean, comfortable and welcoming. Residents and staff were eager to help them get settled in and involved in activities. Meals were good and the staff was so caring. Eventually they moved to the Assisted Living wing where mom received excellent and attentive care. Even after mom passed away in 2010, dad stayed on, as he felt they were his Wichita family. He lived there until he passed away in 2014 and was an enthusiastic supporter of Sedgwick Plaza the whole time. As a family member, I was so thankful that they were safe, cared for and happy. Sedgwick Plaza is a beautifully decorated and comfortable residence, and I can't say enough about the wonderful staff.

Nice place, overall

Our loved one was only here for a brief time, but overall I think they did a good job at Sedgwick Plaza. It was a nice looking, well kept place, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They are worth a look if you are looking into senior care in the area!

Caring and friendly staff

So far things have gone very well at Sedgwick Plaza. They've done a great job looking after my loved one. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and they really make an effort to get to know the personalities and needs of each resident as an individual.

It's great, we like them.

It's great, we like them. They needed to change out the thermostat in her room, and it took them a while to get it done. Other than that everything has been great. We have another family member there and that is why we picked them. They have some vegetarian options, but sometimes the sandwiches are limited for vegetarians. The people have been fabulous.

Very nice place!

Overall they do a great job here! One thing that really stands out is that the dining service here is excellent. The dining staff do a great job of serving you, and the food is delicious. The person in charge of the meal service has been there for years, and obviously enjoys the job.
They also do a good job with the activities. They've got a very good variety, as well as plenty of trips and outings to various restaurants, errands, and entertainment.

Currently we are satisfied with Sedgewick Plaza.

Currently we are satisfied with Sedgewick Plaza. The food would be a four, I've tried it. Misty was the selling point for us, she showed us around and made us feel very comfortable. Moving into a community like this and the transition was tramatic for us, and she coached us right through it. Even now when we walk through the door she gives me a hug and knows who we are. They are pretty good with communication and letting me know what's going on too.

They seem to do a good job here, my l...

They seem to do a good job here, my loved one is enjoying herself. She's enjoying many of the activities they provide, which include bingo, singing, rides to various places, etc. The staff have all been very friendly, and they generally keep the place clean. I did take a point off for cleanliness because my loved one had an issue with her plumbing that it took them a bit to get fixed.

I was impressed with the welcoming at...

I was impressed with the welcoming atmosphere and the willingness of everyone to be friendly.

Misty was wonderful! The 1...

Misty was wonderful! The 1 bedrooms were very nice, roomy and clean. Lots of activities going on when I [removed] bingo, bridge, and the Humane Society with pets. Friendly and helpful staff and happy residents. A 'must' for others to tour.

Very Satisfied

It seems to be one of the best places out of what we've seen. We have good friends and family who work in the health care industry, home health and things like that. They have all heard good things about Sedgwick Plaza. That was very comforting to know.

The only reason I gave the care services a lower rating is because I think it's a learning curve. The are helping my mother with pill dispensing and it takes time for both parties to get used to each other and learn how each other works.

Even though my mom doesn't participate, they seem to have plenty of activities available.

Perfect place for my folks!

I have been visiting Sedgwick Plaza for work for about seven years, so when it came time to look for a place for my folks I already had experience here. The cost is a little high, but the people are real friendly. Sedgwick Plaza is the perfect place for my folks, I'm really happy with them. My folks are still adjusting, they say they have trouble getting clean towels on time; that's the only complaint I've had to call about.

Betty Jo

Sedgwick Plaza was such a gem to find! We toured many other retirement homes and we noticed Sedgwick Plaza was not only very clean, it was very friendly. The resisdents and staff were so welcoming and happy to be there. The resisdents were out of their rooms and involved in many activities. It seems Sedgwick Plaza promotes living and loving life.
Misty Miller was a world of help and very professional. She made a difficult situation better. She responded to our phone calls promptly and helped us with a smooth transition. We can't compliment her enough, she is a keeper.

I liked very much.