Homestead of Wichita - Wichita, KS

As we turn the pages of our lives – growing up, working, experiencing loves and losses, raising our own children – we all experience times when we need a little extra help. At Homestead, we have created an environment which combines and celebrates these memorable aspects of life and creates new experiences for you... experiences set in a comfortable, home-like setting which provides security and a variety of life-enriching activities.
At Homestead, we strive to offer residents the care and personalized assistance they need. Care is offered around the clock, seven days a week, by our certified nursing staff. Beautiful, yet comfortable suites allow us to offer convenient assistance in your own personal environment, while respecting your need for privacy and independence. Homestead Assisted Living strives to give residents the tools and support needed to be as independent as possible, for as long as possible.
We also offer Short Stay Suites. It is ideal for those needing a temporary stay if their caregiver will be away or is unable to provide care for a period of time. Also, it is ideal to allow our guests to recover from an injury, illness or surgical procedure. Our guests are provided a fully furnished suite and an all-inclusive daily rate.
Services & Amenities include:
Three nutritionally balanced meals served daily in our dining room.
Health Care Services provided 24 hours a day.
Personalized assistance with dressing, bathing and medications.
Housekeeping and personal laundry.
24-Hour Emergency Communication system.
Studio and One Bedrooms available. All first floor suites, our community has no stairs or elevators.
Social, cultural, spiritual and recreational activities.
Kitchenette in each suite.
Scheduled transportation.
Beauty/Barber Salon.
Whirlpool Spa tub available to all residents.
Beautiful courtyard.
Short Stay Suites are available.

Mom has only been there a week. At t...

Mom has only been there a week. At this point, we could not be happier. The people are so very nice & kind to Mom.

Toured rooms, met some resi...

Toured rooms, met some residents, had lunch. Positive experience overall.

Open to Suggestions

I chose this community for my mom because we were very impressed with the friendlyness of the staff. The community gave her a studio apartment in which she was able to move her own furnisher into. I showed up to visit my mom during lunch time and the staff did not hesitate to offer us to have lunch with my mom. It was really nice because it was not a preplanned event. The community has a strip mall to one side an some apartments to the other. Right behind the community there is a County Park which has some wild turkeys, geese and deer roaming around. Sometimes they get close enough to the community that you can really see them. They really put me at ease with the medication my mom is taking. They ensure she is taking it and are really helpful. The staff is open to suggestions and do their best to adjust. They communicate very effectively and they involve me in the care of my mother.

I liked this facility. Clean facilit...

I liked this facility. Clean facilities, staff was nice and plesant. Price appears to be manageable. Only concern is whether dad's memory issue(aggression) is suitable for this community. Really like the location.