Oxford Grand - Wichita, KS

The Oxford Grand offers a wide range of lifestyle options. Do you need assistance with activities of daily living but still enjoy social time with friends? Are you looking for vibrant Assisted Living in a worry-free environment, or personalized Memory Care that offers hope and joy to loved ones with Alzheimer's and dementia?
The extraordinary staff at The Oxford Grand will tailor a personal care plan just for you.
We'll take care of the cooking and the cleaning, your laundry, your medications and whatever personal needs you have now and into the future, so that you can focus on living life the way you want to live.

• Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Medication Reminders
  • Laundry
  • Secure Memory Unit

Lazy Staff

What you see outside is the extreme opposite how staff deal with their residents. Not enough or lazy staffs. Take an unscheduled visit especially unpopular hours and you'll find out the real Oxford Grand.

Do Not Recommend Memory Care

As stated in the previous review Oxford Grand, Wichita, did not turn out to be an end of life facility for my loved one either. Once care needs change the price climbed rapidly. Soon after your loved one is forced to move because of needing more care that they are unable to provide. Telling you it is an end of life place is misleading because it is not. Overall the Memory unit care is below par. Some of the staff were good and helpful, but the facility was most always short staffed and inept. Many times high school students were assigned to Memory Care with little or no training. My loved one was wet many times because of lack of staff to follow the care plan or to even know what the plan was. There were times my loved one went without being showered for weeks. The facility is lovely, but not always kept clean in Memory Care. The food was not that great either because it was held in warming trays and not served directly after cooking. Activities were okay if your loved one can participate. Otherwise little is geared toward the ones that can't. You are required to pay for all supplies (except toilet paper) and this included rubber gloves for the staff. If your loved one needs Memory Care I would definitely look elsewhere. This place leaves much to be desired.

Not Good

There are two Memory care areas. They have the smallest rooms in Wichita, no closet, barely space for a twin bed and chair. The common area is not clean and doesn't smell good. They lie about how many caregivers are on staff, especially at night. Very little oversight by management. For the money, look around, you can find better.

Don't Recommend Memory Care

We were also assured this would be an end of life place for our loved one and it also was not the case. This must be a standard line. Although they had a couple good workers in memory care, they were most always really short staffed and care was lacking because of it. Many times very young untrained high school staff cared for those in memory care. Our loved one was wet many times because of not being taken to the toilet on schedule. Baths were not given on a regular basis. Be advised that your loved one will be charged for all supplies including vinyl gloves and at the first sign that care needs change the price will escalate rapidly. As stated in the previous review, do your homework and don't believe everything you are told regarding number of staff per resident. They are short staffed, care is not as it should be, and the food is not that great in Memory Care. Assisted living seems to take priority over Memory Care in all areas. It is a beautiful facility, but management is inept. [Removed]

daughter of loved one

This is a very nice facility, but lacking in many areas. This was not a place for my loved one to finish out life because of needing more assistance (memory care). It would have been nice to know that before we moved in. They assured us in the beginning this would be an end of life place for our loved one. Not the case. The food was good. Some of the staff was very nice and helpful. Also most of the time there was not enough staff. There were times that our loved one smelled and was wet. I recommend doing your homework.

It's a fabulous place

It's a fabulous place, they have taken really great care of my mom. She has adjusted well. She has made the comment that the food is good. I haven't had any concerns, they have worked really well with her. They are very sensitive about preserving their dignity, while still providing assistance.

The place is pretty

I don't think they are the best. The place is pretty if you want to pay for that. They are not consistent. Compared to other places they are very clean but not great. My father only visited a short time before needing more assistance and they charge for it. The do have activities but being bed ridden my father does not participate in them.

Best Assisted Living in Wichita!

Very pleased with environment, care, and services. The location is wonderful also.....nice westside location that is close to shopping, pharmacies, etc. Also has a nice open pond and grassland area surrounding the complex. The staff are all friendly and seem to enjoy working there and the facility doesn't feel or smell like a typical assisted living center. Residents have many amenities and activities although I would like to see more in-house options that involve their kitchen, art area, and exercise area focusing on the interests of more active residents. I appreciate the trips into the community for shopping and entertainment. The residents can be active and involved in the community so that it is a "home" and not an institution. My mother-in-law said that she didn't realize that she could come and go.....that it was her "home" and not a locked facility limited to activities within its walls. Everyone has truly helped make her apartment her new home and family is always welcome to come and go and even eat in their dining room....food is great and the chef makes each resident's requests available. Amazing facility! They involve high tech in each room for safety and communication with wall mounted ipads in each room to allow residents to communicate with each other and to have access to staff and facilty activities and schedules. I hope they can keep it going as they grow and keep the personal attention going. We are so grateful for the tip on this place. They are the best in Wichita for assisted living .......and we looked at a lot of them before deciding on Oxford Grand!

They've been helpful

The care services in assisted living are good, but they’re not so good in memory care. They’ve been very, very helpful in the assisted living. We’ve had very good luck with that. They were good about helping us get into memory care, but as far as activities in memory care, they could use a little help.

Clean, open. Did not have r...

Clean, open. Did not have restrictions. Staff happy friendly. Residents happy. Schedules seemed flexible.

I like the facility but I w...

I like the facility but I went alone. We were invited to return for a meal and I will encourage my mother to do that. Accepts cats for a fee.

It is absolutely beautiful, I think they have wonderful activities.

It is absolutely beautiful, I think they have wonderful activities. We really are more independent, so this is perfect. It is immaculate, it's brand new. They are exceptionally friendly. As for the food everything that I have had has been exceptional. The kitchen manager is the former manager at YaYa's. They have a good variety of things to choose from. Anything on the menu is available 24-7. I like that it's more of an apartment style, rather than a dorm feel. There is a good mix of residents. The apartments were more spacious. They have a happy hour once a week. I like that the oxford offers monthly meetings for families and caregivers on their disease. They also do empathy training, and give you the idea what those with Alzheimers are going through with goggles, and weights to simulate the disease. I love that when they saw she used to paint they looked into starting a painting class.

It's a pretty good place, I like it. Everybody is upbeat, and they're really helpful. They are pretty good people over there. I think all of the senior living communities are overpriced. The food is very good, they have a chef there. They have a variety and you can order off the menu. I think they should give an itemized list of what each care level would entail. They need to have maintenance on call, sometimes it takes forever to get the toilet unclogged.