We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Meals Provided
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
Daily Living at Philips Tower-Live in The Heart of Decatur Your Apartment A lease is required. Residents may cancel with a written thirty day notice.
Each apartment is provided with carpet, window coverings, electric stove, a frost-free refrigerator, sink, and cabinets.
Laundry facilities are available on the first floor.
Each apartment has air conditioning and heating units which are individually controlled.
Philips Tower offers a smoke free environment.
A daily Check System is used each morning to assure that every resident is all right. Each resident is provided with an “O.K. Tag”. You place the tag outside your door as soon as you wake up each morning (but no later than 9:00 am). Security staff members will check to see that every tag is out. If a tag is not out and there is no knowledge that the resident is gone from the property, the security staff member will enter the apartment, being careful not to startle the resident in case they simply forgot to put out their tag.
A trash chute for garbage disposal is located on each floor near the elevator.
All residents are encouraged to have Renters’ Insurance. You can obtain this from your insurance agent.
Our Services Available to You Transportation The Tower provides weekly transportation for grocery shopping.
The parking lot is residents with a valid parking sticker on a first come, first serve basis. Reserved parking is not available. Visitors must park across the street in the visitors’ parking lot. (Visitors may drive through our parking lot to pick up and drop off residents.) Cable TV and Telephone Satellite TV (Senior TV) is optional. A special rate for the Extended Basic Service is $15.00 per month payable to Philips Tower.
Tower Telephone Service is available for $17.00 per month (plus an additional .08 cents per minute for long distance calls. Our system has an “off the hook” security feature. It also features voice mail.
Philips Presbyterian Tower is part of a vibrant community in the close knit city of Decatur, GA. With great walkability scores, this independent living facility, surrounded by neighbors who care, is a great place to enjoy retirement.
Walking is a great way to get your workout in and have fun. In Decatur, the downtown walkability score is 90, meaning getting around on foot is a breeze. The average age matches the state of Georgia and provides a diverse demographic in this city of 74,000.
- Walkability score: 90 out of 100 (excellent)
- Average age: median age of 36
- Number of senior facilities: 419
- Weather: Summers are hot and humid while winters get cold and wet. Throughout the year, temperatures fluctuate between 35 and 89 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Veteran's facilities: VA facilities in Decatur include Atlanta VA Medical Center, Georgia Department of Veterans Service and the Veterans Center.
Public transportation options for seniors in Decatur are convenient and safe. There are at least five options to travel around town. Meanwhile, downtown retail shops, restaurants and other businesses congregate on tree-lined streets.
- Bus: The Decatur Public Transit System (DPTS) has 15 bus routes along with a downtown trolley route.
- Train: Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) offers three rapid transit stations including one in the downtown district. Senior discounts are available.
- Pedestrian and bicycle: Access is always improving.
- Taxi: Checker Cabs provide taxi service.
- Ride share: Uber and Lyft ride share services are available.
Health and Safety
There are several good hospitals close to the facility. Therefore, residents are just moments away from medical experts in case of an emergency.
- Hospitals: hospitals are minutes away from the facility and include St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur Memorial Hospital and Wabash Memorial Hospital Association.
- Crime rate: Decatur compares well to major cities, but is above the Georgia average. There are 378 violent crimes per 100,000 residents annually.
Sports and Leisure
Whether you like golf or a tennis competition or prefer to sweat it out at the gym, you can find several choices for sports and leisure activities.
- Golf course: Hickory Point & Red Tail Run offers slight discounts for seniors on a well-kept course of 18 holes. Scovill Golf Club and Country Club of Decatur offer additional opportunities to refine your game.
- Tennis: Nearby tennis courts are found at Dekalb Tennis Center and Glenlake Tennis Center.
- Gyms: Snap Fitness and LA Fitness have classes focused on seniors.
- Exercise: Decatur Recreation Center offers free senior friendly exercise classes in the summer.
Shopping and Entertainment
Residents of Decatur live in the most walkable city in Georgia, according to the popular Walkability Scale website. Like most cities, Decatur has a unique downtown area where people gather to shop, eat or just stroll around. You can even catch a movie before coming home to Philips Presbyterian Tower.
- Clothes shopping nearby: Shop at Macy's and Squash Blossom for new clothes, or get deals at the consignment shop, Finders Keepers Boutique.
- Grocery stores: Among nearby grocery stores, Kroger and County Market are reliable, convenient chains. Rainbow Natural Foods has yummy health food options.
- Nearby restaurants: Gokul Sweets offer veggie food, while Farm Burger Decatur and Victory Sandwich Shop offer no-fuss dining at great prices.
- Movie theaters: Have fun and get some popcorn and soda to enjoy a movie at the AMC Decatur 12.
- Libraries: For senior readers, Dekalb Public Library and Covington Beach Library are great places to find books and community activities.
- Senior-friendly salons (men and women): The Natural Buzz salon and Five Dollar Barber Shop and Cutz are great places to get a fresh cut or style at reasonable prices.
- Attractions: Clyde Shepard Nature Preserve and Urban Battle Tours let residents explore area history and wildlife.
Religious facilities in Decatur reveal the eclectic population and offer seniors a way to explore various spiritual offerings, including:
- Shambala Meditation Center
- Bible Way Temple of God
- Wat Buddha Bucha Foundation
- Bahá'í Unity Center