This is a great home with alot of activity and energy. The staff are very nice. The dining room and menu also look good. Didn't get a chance to see residents as it was in the evening. The rooms are all private, with kitchenettes. It caters to independent living and assisted living.

This facility is outstanding, It rates tops in units, cleanliness, staff attitude and food, I had lunch. The location is, to me, completely unacceptable. I felt as though I was in an armed camp.

Brand New communiuty

This was one of our top choices that my mother and I had out all of out tours. The apartments where very big and offered lots of great amenities. They also had a wide open floor plan which made it easy for the residents to get around as well as big elevators. They also had a nice exercise room with lots of a equipment available to use throughout the day. I have no complaints about this facility it was just too far of a drive to from my house.

A Beautiful Place And Wonderful Environment

My aunt is doing very good here. It is a very clean and nice environment. The staff are very nice people. I have recommend this place to others. The meals are restaurant style with lots of choices and my aunt likes it. There are plenty of activities for my aunt.

I'm not happy here

Well I am moving. I am not happy here at all. I jumped before I really did my due diligence. They just were not straight with me. It's not anything serious, but I am leaving. The rates are going up. It's not anything that is going to affect me, but by the same token, they overcharged me by $500 for the deposit. They have not been straight with me and it's really annoying. It's not that anyone has been rude, but they charge for everything.

They have been very good, very helpful.

They have been very good, very helpful. It's clean and the staff is friendly, and the people that come in have been very good. She needs to be fed and they have been very good with her. I have been very pleased with them.

Review of Peninsula Del Rey

Mariel Terrill is a wonderful sales rep!! Many amenities! I looked at a few others and they could not compare. No available parking, small bedroom (I have queen size bed). Love that I have my washing machine and dryer in kitchen. Sorry you do not have a linen closet for sheets, towels etc. Look forward to selling my home and moving in!

A Wonderful Choice for Mom

My mom has resided at Peninsula del Rey for over a year now, and we are very pleased with this facility. It is bright, spotless, the staff is very friendly and supportive, and it is very conducive to her moving around and taking part in activities when she chooses.

The living area is large, bright and convenient, allowing her to feel and function as if she were in a normal apartment setting.

PLUS services are the limo-driver service for appointments, the in-unit laundry.

The minus service is probably the dining room. While far superior to other facilities, the food tends to be bland, and the service tends to be slow and forgetful. That said, there is always a good deal of choice in the foods, setting Peninsula del Rey apart from other facilities that we visited.

My dad lived here for 2 years and I h...

My dad lived here for 2 years and I have nothing but good things to say. The facility was always clean and the staff helpful and friendly. Great place.

Facility is well run. Management disp...

Facility is well run. Management displays a caring attitude. Unit is very spacious and is well maintained. A full scale of activities are offered everyday. Food is top quality. Dinning room is open daily from 7am to 7pm. Assisted living is provided. Independent living is the other option. Covered secured parking is also offered. Overall this is an excellent community.

I recommend this place highly

Great Place. People are helpful, nice and respectful. They have taken care of everything and are genuinely concerned about the comfort. The food is good. The service is great in all aspects from service in the dining room to fixing things to making people feel at home, and the assistance. I recommend this place highly.

Fortunately I did find Peninsula Del Rey

I miss my home and independence, but fortunately I did find Peninsula Del Rey, where the peace, food and the wonderful care of the staff makes my being here comfortable and pleasant. Thank you.

Best place for our mom!

Our family is really happy that our mother is living at the Peninsula Del Rey in Daly City. It’s comforting to know that she gets great care and attention by the staff every day. Everyone there is super kind and nice to her. Our mother really enjoys the activities, particularly the outings to the casinos and museums and the “Mystery Tours.” The common areas are elegantly furnished and decorated with an abundance of fresh flowers, and our mother’s apartment is always very clean. It’s the best place for our mom.

expensive ($6000 per month) and disappointing

My Mom lives in Peninsula Del Rey. The facility is quite nice. However the environment is not ideal. The staff fosters behaviors among the residents that lead to conflicts, petty hostilities and outright bullying. Assisted living was added to their capability recently. However they are inexperienced at really helping residents and are focused on the convenience of the staff. The facility itself is not attentive to some basic needs, for example having functional emergency call buttons in the units.

Beautiful Place

I think it's expensive but, for the price, it's the best I ever saw. We don't use the care services, just the laundry and meals and housekeeping. It's got my mom doing zumba so how bad could it be? I think the most wonderful thing about them is that everybody on the staff is upbeat, friendly, and encouraging. It's like a 5 star hotel. The furnishings are beautiful, the rooms are beautiful - I feel so lucky!

Toured June 15. New facili...

Toured June 15. New facility, not near capacity. For profit. Only 2 meals a day but all units have full kitchen and washer/dryer. Not yet licensed for assisted living. Need to clarify how they would deal with a fall - extra costs for pendant? Pet visits? Expensive start up - what is community fee paying for ($3,500)? What is the basis for refunding the security deposit (1 month rent) - isn't that only to cover repairs other than ordinary wear and tear? What are costs of social events and outings? More clarity on cost of extra services ($10 per 15 minutes, minimum of 1/2 hour). Does the cable TV include MSNBC, HBO (get list). Very friendly, clean and bright. Spacious. Studio small - about $4,000 pm/ some 1 BR at $4800 (most at $4900) pm. Active committees of residents.

Therese was the BEST! Mom ...

Therese was the BEST! Mom had a really nice experience with her and made it most appealing. The facility is well decorated - nice colors and felt very bright and uplifting. Rooms were good, mom wasn't wild about the full-sized kitchens taking up so much space in the rooms. This is in a great location to SF in terms of being accessible and being easy to visit. Mom preferred the courtyard view over the city view. Food was very good. Staff were all very nice.