Pearl Crossing - Strongsville, OH

Campus facility with scenic grounds. Beautiful rooms. No shopping within walking distance. Relatively high up-front initiation fee, but the room prices are reasonable for the high quality suites.

Excellent facility. I saw negative comments posted about their transportation services, but [Removed] was upfront about what is provided. It seems reasonable to me. The halls are well lit and wide, the facility is clean and maintained. I saw residents active and looking happy, not just sleeping in the lobby like other places. We are going back for other family members to see the facility and eat a meal. Very impressed

Senior care

The aids are excellent! The price is a bit high or I would have given 5 stars!

Management oversells services provided, food is mediocre

Be forewarned. when leasing you an apartment, management tells you they have a bus to take you around town.They terribly and wrongfully over sell this service. They don't go just anywhere you need to get. M,W, F are trips to stores from 9:30AM-12PM. T, TH - are trips to doctors. Good luck trying to get somewhere else at some other time. Like if your doc is only in town on Wednesday?? They don't even travel to The Senior Center... So be forewarned. Get this oversold service very clear before renting here.. Oh and the City's Senior Wheels service doesn't pick up at senior living apartments (that's [Removed]) so you might find yourself stranded.

Mom's Good Care

This is a good community for my mom. The staff is caring to her needs. The menu is appealing and she seems to like the variety. They do have activities that she is liking and she does stay active with the other residents.s We would recommend this community for the good care and value of a loved one.

This has been a great move for my friend

My friend absolutely loves living at Pearl Crossing. The staff is so friendly and they look out for their residents. He has started to meet and make friends with some of the other residents and he is enjoying himself. They do offer transportation to doctor appointments, shopping and field trips. My friend is also doing his physical therapy with his visiting nurse there so he does not have to go out. He likes going to the dining room and the menu where they offer a nice varity to choose from. Pearl Crossing has been a great move for my friend and I difently would recommend them.

Outstanding Care for

The care at this community for the excellent care for my father. The staff are very friendly and go beyond to attend to his care. The community offers wonderful meals that he really does like. We were offered meal. The activities are great for him and he is enjoying this community. We could not ask for better care from considerate staff. We highly recommend this community for the care of a loved one for the good value and care.

Everything is going great!!

I have no complaints about how things have been going for my loved one at this community. The staff have been wonderful to them and have made sure they are comfortable in there new living environment. The meals have a nice variety but could possible have some improvement. The also have a great activity program available to all of the residents. I would recommend them to anyone interested.

So Far They Are A Good Community

My mom is doing okay. We're happy with the community. Her care and treatment is good. She has made a number of friends. So far they are thumbs up. We had a few glitches but they have corrected them. It was more suited for my mom. They had exactly what we needed and they are very close to our home.

Visited in November, found this to be a lovely place. Only drawback (for me) is the distance from my home (+ 30 minutes or more).

This seems like a nice place.

I took my dad to see Pearl Crossing because he is nearing the time when he will need more assistance. He LOVED this place. The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained, all of the staff was friendly and helpful. They made us both feel right at home. The restaurant, excercise room, and community room were attractive and drew you right in. The whole place was clean and lovely. My dad is already telling people he is going to live there. I couldn't be happier that he is happy! <3 :)

Very nice place!

Overall our experience with Pearl Crossing has been a good one! Our loved one has had a bit of trouble settling in, but the staff here is friendly and welcoming, and they're really going out of their way to introduce her to the community and help her feel comfortable. The facility itself has a lot to provide for the residents, and I think they do a pretty decent job with the food as well!

Pleasant and thoughtful staff

The staff here is great. They are pleasant and thoughtful and they do a great job. It is always kept clean and any accidents are cleaned up quickly. It seems to be a well run and organized place. The activities seem to be to the residents liking as well. The only thing that I can see that needs improvement is the food.

So far so good

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far we are pleased with the experience. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff has been friendly and easy to work with.

Its a wonderful place!....

My mom really enjoys it and everybody has been really friendly and helpful. I would recommend it to anyone over 65+!

staff is real friendly and efficient

It seems like the staff is real friendly and efficient at Pearl Crossing. It is assisted living so there isn't as much care as there would be at a nursing home but what care is provided is good. It has been an overall good experience here.

This would be wonderful for Mom. Didn't know about $2300 Community fee

A really good move and a really good choice

My mom loves her apartment and all of the amenities. It is friendly and comfortable and she feels safe and secure. She enjoys the food that is provided and she is eating better now than when she was on her own and she doesn't get so bored and lonely. Its nice to see her enjoying herself in this new environment.

It was a nice community, but on the pricey side.

I thought it was a very nice community. They had two nice activity centers. I saw a posting while I was there, and they actually have quite a bit of different activities. It is on the pricey side.

Nice overall; could improve in certain areas

I have a relative at Pearl Crossing. It is a nice facility and Bruce and his wife Susan are capable and fit in well. Not so sure about the second set of resident managers (sisters) as I have heard a number of residents complain. I also have the impression that they lack people skills. I heard one of the sisters snap at a resident and then when she saw that I heard, she apologized (to me) and indicated she should not have done that. They do not seem to tolerate seniors very well, so I'm not sure what they are doing in a job like that. I have seen some improvement since they first started though. Besides that, I think the food is very good. They give the right portions for seniors. They have pastry and fruit out at all times. The coffee isn't very good. The apartments are nice, although there is little cabinet and storage space in most. Housekeeping doesn't do dishes and they don't move anything when they "dust." They should be more helpful and help the seniors with more housekeeping duties. The facility leases space to non-medical home health care (Senior Bridge) and other medical services (physical therapy, etc.) with Senior Independence. However, the nurse practitioners (Nurse Practioner Health Services) that claim to be there are never there and have not returned three different phone calls to me, even when I indicated it was urgent. Totally worthless. My relative loves Bingo but that's about all they do as far as activities is concerned. I don't see a lot of excitment there. The dining room is supposed to be "open dining" meaning you can sit anywhere, but don't dare sit in someone's seat or else those seniors will make a big fuss. Many residents are extremely nice; you'll always have the catty ones, but it's better here than the previous assisted living my relative was at. The Senior Bridge home health care ladies (that I've met) are very nice, caring and helpful. I really wish there could be some medical care invovled in what they do. It would help the families so much more. I think the residents would enjoy more "special event" things that would involved having their families join in. Lastly, I believe the carpeting needs updating; it is worn and has stains that will not come out simply with cleaning, so the facility would look so much nicer with newer carpeting.

So far we are very happy with them.

So far we are very happy with them. There have been no complaints about the staff, or the food, it's very clean. They are wonderful. We really like it. I would give it a five so far.

Very nice facility but not a good fit for my Mom. I feel that she needs more care.

need to be more friendly

I think that they need to be more friendly. They are dealing with elderly seniors that do not always like or even fully know what is going on, and they could have been a bit more kind, gentle, and understanding. The managers seem to lack people skills. Many of them are kind, but the overall first impression as far as being friendly and personable was not great, which I noticed was the case with other residents and families as well.

Don't get me wrong - I am grateful that they are here for my parents. They just need better people skills.

Holiday Retirement

First, thank you for your sincere feedback. It's insight and suggestions from our residents and their families that make us better at providing outstanding service. We at Holiday hold our management teams to high standards in compassion, patience, and sincerity, so if you ever witness managers not portraying those qualities, please call our Resident Relations line at [removed].

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention,
Katie - Communications - Holiday Retirement Home Office

No Full Kitchen

Does not have full kitchen, scheduled meals and if you miss those, you still pay for them. Not interested. Nice place though

Like a Country Club!

My Mother hasn't moved in yet, however I've visited the facility several times and have been very impressed. All of the residents are very happy, friendly and always busy.
I'm excited for my Mom to move there.

NO UNDERSTANDING OF NEEDS

I have had my loved one living in Pearl Crossing in Strongsville for several years. The only reason my loved one is there is because we are STUCK! I WOULD NOT recommend this facility to ANYONE!!! I work in health care and this was THE WORST decision I have ever made. There is no consistency in management, there is no compassion, there are no activities and they can't hold their employees...a very telling sign! please do yourself a favor and put your loved one somewhere where they will matter! I give ZERO stars to this organization as their only concern is $$. The only person who cared for these residents has left the organization, another telling sign.

Holiday Retirement

Sorry to hear about your experience! It's our goal to hire employees who value residents, and compassion is one of our core values. We wouldn't hire anyone we thought wasn't passionate about serving seniors. Also, Pearl Crossing has a robust calendar of events that includes a variety of activities every day. You can view the calendar on their website: [removed] Finally, if you ever have a problem you feel isn't being adequately addressed, reach out to our Resident Relations department for further assistance. We'd be happy to put you in touch.

They are clean and friendly

They are clean and friendly, and she is always busy when we call, playing bingo or some other activity. The only thing I've heard is that, meals aren't at the right times, I think maybe she would appreciate a little more flexibility with meal time. The food is good. They seemed to have the best value in terms of what you get for what you pay. They are also in a good location for us.

Nice looking community

I haven't been to this place many times, my Mom was the one who did the selecting primarily. Mom liked the aesthetics, the neighborhood, and the residents of this community. She was interested in a community with more active residents, and seems to enjoy it here. She has not had good things to say about the food, however. She said some days are better than others, but it is generally negative.

Perfect Fit

After many weeks of trying to find a senior residence for our Aunt, Pearl Crossing was a perfect fit. Christine was so helpful during the tour. The apartment was spacious with ample closets. The dining and meeting rooms were great and the grounds beautiful. The residents were also very welcoming.

Food isn't good and there are some cliques

The food, everybody hates it. I've talked to somebody, but to put it bluntly, when we looked at the place, the managers we dealt with were Jim Moyer and his wife were very nice and we ate there, the food was very good. We went back again, ate a second time, the food was still good, then we ate there a third time and it wasn't good at all. They're very nice people, my mother moved in and all of a sudden we're hearing from them the food is terrible and she kept saying that over and over again, especially the dinner meal. The lunch is their big meal there, sometimes that's okay, but there's very few good meals. We mentioned something to Jim and he said there's always that 10%-20% that complains, but my mother's not one to complain. Jim was telling everybody at lunch or dinner time that they were going to have the chef speak to everyone the next day to get their feedback but to "be nice." When I went back there again, one of the residents showed me a list of a summary of all the comments and some of it seemed kind of frivilous, but a lot of it seemed like legitimate complaints.
Another thing she complains about it the cliques and those types of things. Although most peopel there are nice, there are a few that are kind of stickers. Getting a table to sit at is a problem sometimes, they're not supposed to save seats but they will sometimes. My mother tries, but unfortunately they put her with this 99 year old woman that's kind of crabby and she made some nasty comments to my mother so she went and sat somewhere else.
She chose it because she said the people there looked happy and they were interacting and that's why my mom wanted to move into a home because there were people there her age that she could talk to. It is beautiful, everybody was vibrant, but you can't judge a book by its cover.

The positives: 1. Residenc...

The positives: 1. Residence rooms seem to have good finishing (Doors, cabinets, carpet, floors of decent quality and good floorplans). 2. Bathrooms have good design for mobility issues, and very similar from unit to unit. 3. The grounds are nice. 4. Flexible service. No in-house medical, but no restrictions on bringing in third parties. 5. A lot of basic service is included, including three meals a day. 6. Mom liked it. Negatives: 1. Oddly, main swinging doors to the back courtyard are not motorized/automatic open.

The facility was clean, up-...

The facility was clean, up-to-date. Staff very friendly. Any resident we talked to loved the place--one likened it to living on a cruise ship on land. Apartments were unique and built to accommodate seniors and their safety needs. Had dinner there, the food was good, observed the service was a bit slow--could have been an off-day.

Really liked this facility! Had dinn...

Really liked this facility! Had dinner and met with the onsite Manager.

Great!!

Great!!

I really like this facility. So far ...

I really like this facility. So far my favorite.

We were very impressed with Pearl Cro...

We were very impressed with Pearl Crossing. It was clean, the Staff was knowledgeable, and considerate of our needs. At this time we are not able to make a choice because of trying to help my brother in law understand that we are leaving Ohio and he has to make a decision for help. At this point MY hands are tied. His sister will be making decisions for him.

Situated on beautiful grounds in a peaceful suburb of Cleveland, you’ll love our comfortable facilities while enjoying the conveniences of the nearby city. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and colorful local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind