We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Aging in Place
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
Enjoy independent living in a peaceful setting at Parkland Manor. Our picturesque community offers beautiful, affordable one and two bedroom homes to seniors age 55 or better.
Our homes feature in home washers and dryers, microwaves, dishwashers, plenty of storage space, and a private patio or balcony to relax with a cup of coffee.
Parkland Manor features a clubhouse with elegant dining and lounge areas for get-togethers, a library, fitness center, shuffleboard and more. Our professional on site staff will take care of all your needs and provide 24 hour emergency maintenance for your home. We are conveniently located near shopping, dining and walking trails. Call today for a personal tour of your new home!
We welcome cats and dogs up to 35 lbs. Pet fee: $300. No monthly pet rent! Please call for complete details.
As a small town along the southern border of Cobb County, Georgia, Austell can boast that it earned its name from the founder of what is now Wells Fargo Bank. General Alfred Austell founded Atlanta National Bank, which later became Wachovia, which was purchased by Wells in 2008. Austell has humid summers and mild winters like much of the state of Georgia. According to Area Vibes, most of the 6,944 residents who live here commute 30 minutes (27 miles) to Atlanta, Georgia for higher paying jobs than their hometown offers.
Senior apartment residents at Parkland Manor enjoy picturesque surroundings and a low cost of living, which is four percent lower than the rest of Georgia and 9 percent lower than the national average. The median income in Austell is $64,346 for homeowners and $27,398 for renters.
- Walkability Score: Although this community has a walk score of 32, most errands will require a reliable car.
- Average Age: The median age is 35.9.
- Senior Housing Facilities: Nearby Marietta gives seniors more options for living facilities. There are about 50 assisted living facilities and 55 senior apartments that support independent living.
- Average Weather: Weather in Austell stays fairly moderate year-round, with a high of 70.4 degrees and a low of 49. In colder months, temperatures hover around 30 degrees. Summer highs reach about 85.
- Veteran’s Facilities: The Atlanta VA Healthcare System has an Austell clinic and there is a Veterans Affairs office on Mesa Valley Way.
- Bus System: Cobb County Transit services Austell with connections to Atlanta. Seniors in the town can also take advantage of FLEX, an on-demand door-to-door curbside bus service.
- Train Service: There are no convenient Marta locations based in Austell. The closest way to connect to this public transit system is at the Hamilton E. Holmes, Buckhead or Dunwoody Stations. Seniors would have to drive to the station and park, then board the train or coordinate station arrival via Cobb County Transit and FLEX. Although they do not transport passengers, Norfolk Southern Railway has a shipping and logistics site in Austell.
- Taxi Service: A few of the most used taxi services are based in nearby Mableton, including A-1 Taxi Cab , Victory Cab , and Glory Cab Company and Limo Services. Austell-based service includes Graceland Affordable Taxi & Limo, Atlantic Taxi & Cab Limo, and Blueprints.
- Ride Sharing: By creating an account on carpoolworld.com , seniors can stay abreast of people near Parkland Manor apartments who are willing to share a ride. This special app detects where users live and finds a carpool match.
Health and Safety
- Hospitals: WellStar Cobb Hospital is the most prominent medical service in Austell. Another Wellstar location is in the neighboring city of Marietta. The town also offers urgent care through Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet, Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, MinuteClinic (part of CVS), and the Children’s Immediate Care Clinic.
- Crime Rate: Austell seniors should take extra precautions for their safety. Although the area is 26 percent safer than other US cities, the violent crime rate is 24 percent higher than the national average. The climate here is improving, however. The number of year-over-year crimes has gone down by 20 percent in recent years.
Sports and Leisure
- Golf Courses: The semi-private Dogwood Golf & Country Club is the only golf facility located directly in Austell. Golf enthusiasts may consider the Indian Hills Golf & Country Club or the Atlanta Country Club in Marietta and the Governors Towne Club in Acworth.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: There is no shortage of places to play tennis in surrounding areas. There are around 29 total, including some area high school courts. A few courts run by local Cobb County government include Sweetwater Tennis Center, Wallace Park, and Hurt Road Park. Berkshires at Sweetwater Creek, an apartment community, also has courts open to the public.
- Gyms: Senior Friendly (aerobics) - Austell has some standard fitness facilities, including LA Fitness, Gold’s Gym and Planet Fitness (Smyrna). Community-centered EpiCenter offers an EpiFitnessclass in senior circuit training. Eligible seniors can attend exercise activities at Cobb County’s Senior Services Centers .
Shopping and Entertainment
- Clothes Shopping: Burlington Coat Factory, Bella Bella Fashion, Burkes Outlet, Kohl’s. Nearby Cobb Galleria in Smyrna: Anna’s Place, Charlotte Russe, It’s You European Boutique, and H&M. For men: Square Threads (Marietta Square) has active wear and suits. Try The Tough Boot & Co for luxury pre-owned and rare vintage. Others: Billy Reid (Buckhead), Men’s Wearhouse (Cobb Parkway), and Pendleton Marietta.
- Grocery Stores: Food Depot, Communal Groceries, J Tropical Market, C and C Food Mart, Bluefrog Foods. Publix is nearby in Mableton and food is sold at the Austell Walmart.
- Major Restaurants: Wallace Barbecue, Dolly’s Farmhouse Restaurant , Smackin’ Good Seafood, Granny’s Soul Food, Giovanni’s (Italian), South Cobb Diner .
- Movie Theaters: Regal Stadium 22. In Marietta: NCG - Marietta Cinemas, Earl Smith Strand Theatre, and Studio Movie Grill .
- Libraries: Sweetwater Valley Library , South Cobb Regional Library (Mableton), Powder Springs Public Library.
- Senior Friendly Salons (men and women): Women: Multicolor Hair Salon, Plum Hair Salon and Hairdressers, Inc. (both in Marietta), and Hairology 101 Salon. Men: Goody’s Barbershop, A Listers, and Exit 44 Barbershop and Salon.
- Attractions: Six Flags Over Georgia (featuring Batmobile and Paradise Island), Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History , Sweetwater Creek State Park , Tramore Park, Paradise Island, Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park . Many enjoy seeing the Big Chicken , a 56-foot tall corrugated steel bird landmark, though it is in neighboring Marietta and attached to KFC's franchise.
Church and Worship Centers - Seniors have an ample selection of churches for worship in Austell, including Austell Presbyterian Church, Word of Faith Worship Cathedral, Courageous Worship Church, Destiny World Church, Orange Hill Baptist Church, North Metro Church (Marietta), St. Frances Desales Catholic Church (Mableton), and Beacon of Light Christian Church.