Park View at Columbia - Columbia, MD

Management sucks

I have lived here for several years. When I first moved in I was very happy. Management was agreeable and very helpful. Today's management is terrible. The manager is only looking to fill the apartments. She is no help at all. And things are getting out of control. Bed bugs for weeks and no notice to other residents; Common areas have to be decorated according to her OCD ideas; yesterday we got a notice telling us what we could and couldnot place on our doors and shelves in the hallway. No more live plants (which is really weird because she hates artificial flowers), no picutres on the wall and only seasonal wreaths on our door. The area where Park View is located is wonderful as we can walk to stores, restaurants, the recreational paths and the city bus comes near by. But that does not outweigh the overall attitude here. I'm looking to move.

High energy bills

Thin single pane windows result in very high energy bills

Building noises night and day.

Building noises at night. Hard to get a good nights sleep.

If you can survive without sleep...go here

I have been here several months. The tenant living above me makes awful noises during the night- wakes me up and then its hard for me to go back to sleep. Management doesnt care or cant get the tenant to stop. They say they have talked with the tenant who denys making any noise. But the noise- at nighttime-- continues. I have started recording the noises- and management is not rushing to hear the recordings. That tells me they know all about it and cant/ wont stop it. Now I am looking for another place to live-- heck I just moved here. I am a crippled old lady- I do everything for myself - clean and cook and laundry. So this is the way we are treated when we get older? I think I will start a union or Association. Does AARP go to bat for its members?

Unpleasant management

Although I have lived here for several years, and I love it for its friendliness, activities, and walking distance to many stores, there has recently been a change in administration which has not been good. Although we consider this our home, all common areas are now "managed" by the new manager.....no more decorating by residents, many things we can no longer do.....no BYO wine at festivities, etc. This has caused a lot of dissatisfaction by residents who feel that this is no longer "our" home but the manager's home.

The people seem very nice

I don't have a lot experience with the Park View at Columbia. My loved one recently moved in. The people seem very nice. The manager was very nice and helpful in getting him in there. Everything has been going smoothly. The facility was very clean and well kept. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The value was pretty good. I can't rate the care services or the activities because i'm not sure about those. They are not applicable.

I liked the apartments. Not...

I liked the apartments. Not sure how apartment life will suit my Mom as she has always lived in the country. The price is within my Moms buget but I think she will need outside services for example home cleaning and perhaps assistance with bathing.

The Best in Senior Living

I love it here! My mood has improved so much since I came here. There are many activities and programs that I can join but no pressure to participate. Everyone is very friendly. Almost everyone is active and lively. I'm so grateful A Place For Mom helped me find this place.

No washer/dryers in your ap...

No washer/dryers in your apt. You must lug your laundry to a laundry room.

Nice place, and a great social schedule

I've been very impressed with this place overall. It is a nice looking community, and the staff have all been friendly. They've got a great social schedule, there's always something going on to keep everyone active and entertained.

Lovely location - next to w...

Lovely location - next to walking trail and in walking distance to lake and stores. Only one bedroom apartment options but the larger apartment might work. Prices are higher than others we have viewed.

It's close to the stores.

It’s close to the stores, so I can walk to the grocery store without trouble. It’s not on the main street the property is nice and quite. The people are friendly and the grounds are well maintained with plenty of shade and porches for people sit under and enjoy.

Clean and spacious apts. Good neighbo...

Clean and spacious apts. Good neighborhood also. We are impressed.

does accept small pets also near seni...

does accept small pets also near senior center. lots to do. people very friendly.

WELCOME HOME!

And welcome to easy living with the luxuries you deserve at a price you can afford.

Park View at Columbia is proud to offer high quality one-bedroom apartment homes designed with seniors in mind. Every detail of our modern architecture makes life easier while providing opportunities for you to live life to the fullest.

Wondering what life at Park View is really like?

Talk to our Park View residents, and they'll tell you it's the difference between living in an apartment and a home. It's about neighbors who become friends. And it's about maintaining your independent and active lifestyle in an environment designed just for you, with senior-friendly touches that will make you smile and let you relax.