horrible owner

The staff who work with the clients are kind people, but the owner of this establishment is not what you would hope for or expect. She took it upon herself to order something for my mother in laws room. It arrived around the same time my MIL was hospitalized and later passed away. Instead of her communicating with us directly which you would expect in this situation she did nothing. Even after my MIL passed and she saw me in the office and every day at the facility for the next week cleaning out her room she never informed me it was there and she would be charging her for something she never received or used. Logic would presume you would send it back or refuse delivery. We only found out she charged her for ½ of the of it because she took it off of the cleaning deposit we had mailed to us. The invoice stated because the item was “here” she had to charge her for it. Totally ridiculous and very unprofessional!!! Again, she could have very easily returned/refused the product, but again instead she charged her so she could use it for her facility and only had to pay ½ (unless she used it for another client which after speaking to other is probably exactly what she did!) We also had to chuckle as she also took off a rug cleaning charge which was ridiculous since the carpet already had stains before she moved in and we had to clean the carpet before she moved in just 6 weeks prior.
My MIL was told rent was not to be turned in earlier than the 1st of every month but they collected a check from her before that time (5 days) as she couldn’t have given them a check on the first of the month because she was hospitalized on the 28th passed away at the end of the previous month; we’re guessing on the day she was hospitalized.
I am truly disappointed that facilities can take advantage of elderly people and families like this. Please do yourselves a favor and look for another facility for your loved one or yourself.

It's a Good Place

My dad is doing well since moving here. It is not exactly what we wanted but it fit within his budget and we are pleased overall with the community. He has settled in and is interacting with the other residents and has joined in some activities. He has a very restrictive diet so the kitchen staff does the best they can with what they have to work with in that regard. Overall we are pleased and satisfied with the care he is receiving and would recommend them anytime.

I Had A Visit

The experience with the tour was fine. It was not a bad tour but they did not fit our needs. We just did not feel like the was the right one.

Comfort and Care for a friend

This is an outstanding community for care. The staff has really been caring and attentive. The food is good and she is happy with the meals and variety. They do offer her activities to participate with the other residents. We would highly recommend the care and the value of this community for other families

A Very Understanding Community

For being new to the community my mom is pretty well. The staff very accommodating from what we observe. We have no concerns. There was a small issue with her medication and they have been understanding with that. It is good that the staff are willing to work with her during her transition.

Great place

My dad has been doing well here. The staff truly cares and he's made quite a few friends at this community.

I would recommend Park Folsom!!!

My father is settling in well at Park Folsom. He has made a few friends and has even enjoyed activities away from the community. He really enjoys the food and the sit down meal they have around 1:00pm daily. The entire staff is friendly, helpful and attentive to the residents and families. The community and grounds are kept very clean and well maintained so the residents can enjoy the outdoors.

Mom is in a good place!

Best move we could have made. Mom was welcomed by all day of move in and has acclimated to change and become part of her community. We made a shift from too much isolation to her being part of a positive place where people look out for each other! Studio is plenty big enough for her. Staff at the facility is great and very helpful.

wonderful

Everything about Park Folsom has been wonderful. The people are great, and the services they offer are all very good.

The only complaint I have is that the air conditioning has gone out a couple of times. When this has happened they were real prompt in getting someone there and getting it fixed, but it was still out for a couple of hours or more on a very hot day.

Other than that everything has been great.

Saves me Money

Saves me Money and is a good community.

Great place and very safe

Sue an all the staff are very nice and helpful. They have patience when dealing with my brother and always accommodating to their guests. I really appreciate the great meals that are prepared every day, it's something my brother looks forward too, and it also allows social time for him as well. My brother is lucky to be there, and it is conveniently located in a safe neighborhood, and close to shopping too.

Everything's Going Well

I go in there to visit, everyone is nice and friendly and very helpful in assisting me. From what I have seen, the care is very adequate. Everyone has their own room. They have someone come in and lead games or different activities. They have a shuttle that takes people to doctor's appointment and on different errands.

2 meals and housekeeping great value.

2 meals and housekeeping great value.

Welcome to Park Folsom retirement community living for seniors, where family is important. When your loved one moves into Park Folsom, your family becomes our family. We are committed to providing you the peace of mind in your decision to choose us, both for your loved one and for your family. We all want the best for our families: a comfortable and secure place to live, nutritious meals, social events, and a competent and caring staff. Park Folsom is designed to provide all of these things.

Park Folsom offers all the comforts of home with features added that provide the support and security our residents need. Residents enjoy the quiet comforts of independent living at home without the burdens of maintaining it. Your needs regarding meals, room cleaning, transportation and entertainment will be taken care of by our staff. Residents are invited to take part in a variety of social activities. All apartments include individual heating and air-conditioning, wall-to-wall carpeting, kitchenette, and ample closet and storage space. This facility also allows residents to bring their pets for added comfort. Park Folsom is located close to Old Town Folsom and Lake Folsom.

We invite you to experience the creative, compassionate, and heart-warming atmosphere at Park Folsom. Discover why Park Folsom Retirement Community is a great place to call home.