Osprey Village at Amelia Island Plantation - Amelia Island, FL

Osprey Village at Amelia Island Plantation - Amelia Island, FL has yet not published prices.

You worked hard for years to build up equity in your house. Now you want to enjoy the fruits of your labor by ridding yourself of the burdens of home ownership. Many retirement communities require you to spend your hard earned equity simply to move there.

At Osprey Village, Amelia Island’s Premier Retirement Community, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to. The choice is yours. You can enjoy all that life has to offer by renting or by investing your money in a refundable occupancy agreement.

From flexible dining dollars, full-service Wellness Center and healthcare staffed by a Registered Nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Osprey Village offers a high quality of life at very affordable rates.

With one and two-bedroom apartments and two and three-bedroom single-family cottages, Osprey Village has comfortable home plans for every need or desire. And with 24-hour staff and push button security, you’ll never feel safer in your own home.

Call 904-277-8222 today for an appointment to learn how you can live The Weller Life® living at Osprey Village. Affordable, carefree retirement living with the option of no upfront equity, that’s living the Osprey Village life!

• No Smoking Indoors
  • Weekly Houskeeping
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response

Freedom from home and yard maintenance plus meal preparation are the most obvious benefits that come with life at Osprey Village. In addition, options to personalize each home and yard are available. However, breakfast, lunch and dinner are available Monday through Saturday along with a popular brunch buffet on Sunday. Take out meals are another alternative.
What do we enjoy most? We did not predict that our favorite benefit would be dining with a variety of people up to 6 night each week. Drinks in the bar before dinner are another choice we make often.
Last, but definitely not least, none of the above would be possible without an amazing professional staff. In every area they are the glue that holds it all together.

Lorraine

Hi Cynthia - Thank you for taking the time to review our community and give it 5 Stars! We are so happy that you're enjoying the maintenance free living at Osprey Village! It's such a great service that we offer to make our Members lives worry-free! We're glad that our staff have gone above and beyond to exceed your expectations. We exist to serve our Members and always put them first in everything that we do within our community. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to better serve you in the future, we love having you at Osprey Village!

1 – Economically, OV is a great buy compared to all the CCRC’s I have toured.
2 – The location on this beautiful Island rather than a town (ie Jacksonville, Greenville, etc.) makes driving possible.
3 – The staff is caring and capable

Lorraine

Hi Babette - Thank you for taking the time to award our community 5-Stars! At Osprey Village we exist to serve our Members and make your dining, social and wellness experiences excellent! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better serve you in the future.

Best Food, Best Variety and often celebrations.
1. (Birthday Valentine’s Day, Chesapeake Bay Crab Meat 8oz. Crab Cakes), Christmas, Thanksgiving, a special western wear and music, dancing and special personal celebration for all of Osprey, 4th and to top it off a party
2. to celebrate the Falcons – Patriots. WOW! I save my meal money for the Crab Cake Supper (Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes 2nd to none!).
3. The residents really care for each other.
4. There are very few ‘clicks’ for dinner, everyone enjoys everyone else.
5. House keeping is excellent. Apartment is ample space for me, I lost my wife, and Osprey Village has made me a better life.
Osprey Village is a retirement place not an old age home!

Lorraine

Hello Art - Thank you for taking the time to review our community and give it 5 Stars! We are so happy that you are pleased with the dining, social atmosphere and entertainment as well as your residence! We exist to serve our Members and are happy that you've had such a great experience. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to better serve you in the future!

My wife and I have been residents at Osprey Village for more than two years, we are extremely pleased with our choice of a senior living community. We live in a wonderful 3-bedroom cottage in beautiful surroundings. This professional staff provides high quality and caring service consistently. The food service is very good. We have recommended Osprey Village to several friends and acquaintances.

Hi Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to review Osprey Village and give it 5 Stars! We are so happy that you are pleased with our community and are having an excellent experience here! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to better serve you in the future!

Life after death

If you plan to move to OV or install a relative there, be prepared! My fiancee's Mother, Margaret, spent 3 years as a resident in the assisted living facility. Today, some 15months after Margaret's death while still a resident, her daughter received yet another solicitation from OV...addressed to her late Mother!!! We have written numerous times, we have telephoned & talked to the "management' we have visited in person but still they continue to mail-shot one of their deceased "guests."
It's the old story, "follow the money." These people are business first, second & last. Don't be fooled that they actually care as our experience amply demonstrates. We are losing count of how many of these unwelcome communications we have received.....in sharp contrast to the 100% absence of any form of condolence after Margaret passed away.

Lorraine

At Osprey Village, we take concerns regarding our employees, our services and our community seriously. If you haven’t done so, we ask that you please reach out to our Executive Director who is aware of your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns with a member of our community directly.

One of the Original Villa Members

I moved to Osprey Village in 2004. I had known about the community since they broke ground. We had been in Florida off and on since the 1970s- living on the Plantation. When we were trying to make this decision, we knew that we needed golf options. I wanted Amelia Island. We looked around Ponte Vedra. But nothing compared to Osprey. It is such a small community that enables you to know everybody. When we came, my husband played golf. I honestly do everything, it is hard to remember. I like bridge and involved with a bridge club that dates back 30 years on the Plantation. I also enjoy the book club. I enjoy everything and have even served on the resident advisory committee. My advice for those looking for retirement communities is that if you find a community you like, go while you are still a couple. It is important to have the built in community. There is also a great community for those who are single. As a fun fact, I was one of the first people in the villas. I moved in that morning. I am still in my original villa.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Renie. You are truly living The Weller Life. We could not be more happy to hear about your full, vibrant life.

I couldn't be happier

I didn’t think I was ready to move to Osprey Village, but someone offered to buy my house. So here I am. It’s been almost 3 years and I couldn’t be happier. I love my house, my neighbors and the activities that are available to me. There is a nurse right down the street at the wellness center- which offers exercise classes 5 days a week if I so desire. Physical therapy is right across the street and there is assisted living if you need it. I don’t have to cook, clean; do yard work or house maintenance. In fact, I feel very spoiled, and I hope that feeling lasts for a long, long time.

Lorraine

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so happy that you are enjoying your new chapter in life at Osprey Village. You seem to truly be embracing The Weller Life.

My husband and I moved to Osprey Village in the summer of 2014. Originally from Connecticut, we had been vacationing in Florida over the past 17 years. Our daughter in law, who lives nearby Osprey in Ponte Vedra, was the one who told us about this great retirement community. As soon as we visited, we fell in love. What attracted us the most to this community was the colorful cottages and the layout of the neighborhood. The young, energetic staff keep us involved in many social activities and it is great to not have to cook as much! We eat in the Dining Room at least 4 nights out of the week. I believe it is important to be covered for future care, and Osprey Village provides it all! I highly recommend this wonderful retirement community.

Lorraine

We are so happy that you and your husband are enjoying life at Osprey. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Pleasant Experience 6 Months In

We’ve had friends that have gone ahead and made the transition to retirement living. They moved to big institutional looking buildings although inside there was great dining and beautiful finishes. We simply did not want that. We also looked at places in Vero Beach and realized they were the same big building feeling. Our children pushed us to look at 3 communities in Florida. We decided to take our time. We made an appointment here and the lifestyle advisor and did a great job of showing us cottages. We went home and thought about it for a few weeks. They had already sold the cottage we were interested in. But as luck would have it, they were completely renovating a cottage of the same floor plan. We were able to pick out all of the finishes. Then we had to sell our house. We were told the house would sell slowly and it sold it in 8 days. We had spent 52 years there and then had to be out in 2 months. We started meeting people here. The toughest thing was giving up close friends of many years. The good news is that we have made wonderful couple friends who have the prospect of being very close friends. This place grows on you. It has been a pleasant experience. Through recommendations we have been able to find physicians, a bank, and more. I have joined the Amelia River Golf Club. And we are involved in bridge groups.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Harry! We are so happy that you are enjoying the social life with bridge and golf.

I couldn't be happier!

Lorraine

We are so happy that you have had a wonderful 3 years at Osprey Village. We will keep striving to make you feel "spoiled!"