Ocean Terrace - Santa Monica, CA

Review of Ocean Terrace Residential Care Home in Santa Monica, CA

Nice feel to the place, good location, friendly, welcoming, small but pleasant garden, single room available with windows on 2 walls, many residents seemed to be in their own world

The place itself is very nice, but de...

The place itself is very nice, but dealing with the administrative staff was not nice. They seemed to be accomodating of our particular situation, and then shortly after, neglected our agreement. Other than that, the staff seem very nice and the place is nice as well. It seems like the rest of the staff really care, but there was a bad taste left in my mouth.

Ocean Terrace

It is hard to have a complete picture as my mother has only been here a week, however it appears to be the perfect fit. My mother has a beautiful, comfortably furnished, private room with garden views on two sides. There is also a private, spacious bathroom. The facility is attractive and impeccably clean, in the three times I visited the home, the staff was constantly cleaning and attending to the residents. As a small home of only eight beds, this place has an intimacy and family feel that one could not find in larger assisted-living communities. The meals looked similar to what my mother would have prepared at home, and thus far there is no significant complaint about the food. The owners Jacob and Maya Stolpner appear to be genuinely concerned with the excellence of their facility and the manager Noa showed an attentive and compassionate disposition towards the residents.

I liked the proximity and it seemed c...

I liked the proximity and it seemed clean. 9 residents. Rooms small but it had other benefits that made up for it.