Ocean Retreat - Huntington Beach, CA

Ocean Retreat is a nice place.

So the staff at Ocean Retreat are nice people and I appreciate that they cared for my loved one during their last few months. My rating is based on their personal interaction with my loved one more than anything else. They do the basic care services, feed, bath, pills and they do try their best to provide fun activities in-house for their residents. Karaoke, singing, movies, walks and the like help people living their to feel like they are at home more than a sterile hospit al facility. My complaints about this facility are not major but could be if the wrong scenario occurred. They are not diligent to document when residents take medications. though not required by law to document this information I found it troubling when situations arouse that they couldn't give any details even verbally about the recent pills given to my loved one when they needed it for EMT's the home health nurse or even for my personal knowledge. Their communication was lacking in reference to the needs of my loved one. I was there 5 - 7 days a week and I would ask them if I needed to pick anything up and I was always told no, then I would get a call the next day that something was needed immediately so I would leave work get the items and then drop them off to find out that they had been out for a couple days or that they had a couple days worth left before I brought the item that day. If your person needs more direct supervised care I would suggest somewhere else with licensed RN staff and 24 hour care. If they don't need that type of care then Ocean Retreat is a great place. Just be sure to clearly communicate and don't make any assumptions regardless of where you choose. Ask questions until you fully understand and then make informed choices.

Ocean Retreat, Just like Home.

The staff at Ocean Retreat are very nice and do the best they can to take care of their residents. The staff not only get to know the personalities of their residents but they also take time to get to know the family as well. The facility is nice and feels more like your own home than a care facility. My dad felt at ease here and was hoping to find a place just like his own home and Ocean retreat was definitely that place for him. The value was a big plus as we had a very limited budget for this expense and Ocean Retreat was exactly what we could afford and well worth the money spent.

Ocean Retreat

Very Friendly staff. Our mom seems to like it very much!

Warm and Inviting

I am in the process of finding a place for my dad and after my tour of the facility, this could be the place for him. The staff was friendly and engaged with the residents. The inside and out were clean , warm and friendly. Since I'm still looking into the best place I have not made a decision yet but their price is very competitive and since it is literally a half a block from where my dad has been living it seems like the right place.