Northglenn Heights - Northglenn, CO

Northglenn Heights - Northglenn, CO has yet not published prices.

We chose this place because it seems to offer the most extensive services for an assisted living place. The apartments are large and the price is very reasonable. I think my husband will be very comfortable here.

Shawn Torrey

Thank you for taking the time to rate Northglenn Heights five-stars and for writing this review. We are excited to hear all the wonderful things you have to say about our community. We firmly believe in providing as many services as possible to all of our residents. This is to ensure that we can customize for every single resident. We are excited to have you and your husband join our community. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out either through a private message on Facebook, a phone call, or in person. Thank you again and have a great rest of your day. Shawn - Digital Marketing

Safe place for loved one

My long time friend has been in both assisted living and now memory care for about two and a half years. i have been there many times to visit and always find the staff to be friendly, helpful, and attentive to resident needs. They have many activities for residents but many residents are not able to participate due to their condition. I find the place almost always clean. My friend seems happy here and the staff is great and I am always greeted sincerely. It is a good safe place for your loved one.

Shawn Torrey

Hi Lynn, thank you for taking the time to write this review and rate Northglenn Heights five-stars. We are pleased to know that you are not only just visiting your friend, but also that you have had a chance to experience the friendly and supportive atmosphere. It is essential for us that our staff provide the utmost care while also providing fun activities for which the residents can enjoy. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us either by Facebook message or phone. Thank you again, Lynn, and have a great rest of your day. Shawn - Digital Marketing

Ehh

Northglenn Heights.
1. Most of the caregivers are really attentive.
2. the q maps are a different story. There is one girl who is cold, seen on her phone downright lazy looking and looks like a [removed]. I had walked by her office and heard the f word coming out of her mouth.
3. The food is terrible. I'm sure the cooks try to deal with what their given but its very bland and not very much meat. You never see a solid piece of meat like a chicken leg or steak.

Incredible Director and staff in Memory Care!

Our mother started in Northglenn Heights' Assisted Living and has since moved to their Memory Care facility. All along the staff has been so friendly and caring. There are the typical issues of the facility being understaffed at times, trouble updating all shifts/caregivers with changing needs, and laundry or housekeeping being late or missed in a given week, but the level of genuine care they provide makes that easy to forgive. Since moving to Memory Care, we have been blown away by the attentiveness, love and support the Memory Care Director, [name removed], and his staff have shown our mother. She required extra assistance during her transition to Memory Care and [name removed]has really been there for her, and for us. All the support she has received has allowed her to settle in comfortably. We can rest easy knowing she has these wonderful, loving people caring for her. We all highly recommend Northglenn Heights and cannot say enough good things about [name removed]! We're extremely grateful!

This is the perfect place except it is too far away for us.

Keeps Improving

At first when my grandma got here it was a little bit of a rough start. Like requesting things to be fixed that could possibly be hazardous, I had to call the corporate office to finally get that resolved. And then the 1st 2 weeks no one came to clean her room now they are on top of things. They are improving a lot of things. There is one caregiver named, [Removed] he will go above and beyond for my grandma. The food is good and the activities are great like music events. They also have a nice courtyard area.

Everything is going great!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and we are very happy with how things are going for her. The staff have been kind to her and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. She has had no complaints about the meals the chef prepares during the dinning experience and is starting to enjoy the activities they have throughout the week. Overall we are pleased with this experience and would recommend it to anyone interested.

We are going to go ahead and put my grandmother at this location.
Thank you for your help!
[Removed]

Friendly and Caring

Northglenn Heights is a very beautiful community. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to her care needs. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and they are very friendly to our family when we come to visit. It is a very clean environment and her room is kept very clean. I have not yet had a chance to dine there with my mom yet, but she says she likes the food that they serve. There are plenty of activities for the residents to engage in, and the staff tries to encourage the residents to participate. My mom is still acclimating to her new surroundings, so she has not joined in yet. But her sister also lives there so she has someone she knows, and she was also allowed to have her dog move in with her for companionship. They have nice walkways and benches to enjoy the well-maintained landscaping. We would highly recommend this community to friends and family.

Dad is Settling In

My dad is happy and [Removed] did a good job helping us move him in. He loves the artwork on the walls and there are so many everywhere in the community. They have big windows with chairs by it and my dad likes to sit and look outside. At meal time he sits with various residents and gets to know them. He loves to go down stairs and sit on the benches outside in the front area and talk with the other residents. The staff has been good so far. The lady who clean is very nice when we get a chance to talk to her. They do need to do some upgrading, which I hear they will be with the carpeting and other things.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my mother and I during our tour of this place. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and all of the great amenities they have to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

Wonderful Place

Northglenn Heights is the ideal assisted living facility for both my Mother and my aunt . It offered much more than the other assisted living communities we visited and there are more opportunities available for them to meet and greet new people . Add activities for them and a ground floor where they have a community court yard . And the staff is friendly as well as caring . All in all I would recommend Northglenn Heights to anyone seeking assisted living for their family members .

[Removed]

Set In A Perfect Spot For Her Visitors

My mom is doing well and we picked this community because it was more close for the family. She has more visitors now. She is getting physical therapy and adjusting very well. The food could be better by using less processed food and more meal choices. We see the place is kept clean. The staff are calling as needed to give updates. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Things are going well

The staff at this community are attentive and take good care of my husband. I have not been happy with the amount of turnovers with the management staff as it has caused some issues with getting information. The food is good and they offer a variety of options. He has started participating in some of the activities and trips out. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Not a good impression.

I toured this community when looking for my mother.The memory care was not a good environment. There were a bunch of people in one room doing nothing. I would not recommend.

Don't Move in here

When my Mom moved in here October of 2015 it was good for about 6 months. It has been going downhill ever since.
The distribution of the Meds is a nightmare. Rarely on time. When as needed meds are requested, it usually requires 2-3 requests and even then sometimes they do not show up.
some of the help does not speak or understand English.
The food coming out of the kitchen is hit and miss mostly miss. Mediocre at best. Lots of employee turnover. lots of employees that have been here for many years are gone. Northglenn Heights use to have a good reputation with a 3-4 month waiting list and never had to offer incentives . No more. They are now offering incentives for people to move in and. We are very disappointed with the decline in quality and service that has happened over the last year.

My mother's care

I like this community for my mom. The value is nice. the other residents seem to be happy being there. They do take care of her needs. She is doing well here due to the wonderful care. I suggest this community for the care and the value for a loved one..

Care for a loved one

I toured this community. The staff were very nice and were able to answer my questions on the care given here. They had many nice activists that she would have enjoyed. The meals seemed appealing. I think other families would be-be happy here if this is what they are looking for.

Don't leave your loved ones here.

They are very friendly & helpful when they are selling their services. Unfortunately it is all talk. They say they can take your loved one to & from Dr. appts. Tues. & Thurs. however, the driver is only there until 1pm & they are too full & can't get you in. I gave them my loved ones medication & they did not give it to them & no one called me to let me know this. Medication has been incorrect for 2 wks now. The food is very bland & they wake my loved one up at 5am, yet breakfast is not until 8am. We asked for an emergency pendant & was not given one until 2wks in. Cost is over $4600/mo what does that pay for? Bland food, wake at 5am, incorrect medication, no transportation to Dr. appts. My recommendation......find a different place for your loved ones.

Memory care sadness

This is not a "place for Mom". Very often her items are stolen and she's left in dirty diapers not in her own clothes😔 She's often not showered and anything I try to bring to make her "area" nicer for her turns up gone. The other residents living in memory care including men are allowed to go in and out of her room and other people's rooms. She's not happy here and we are looking for much better memory care for her. The staff say that all memorycare places are like this but have found this not true. I have not been able to just go visit Mom so far without having to shower her or change her sheets or look for her own clothes !

Kind Community

I had a nice tour of this community. The tour guide was nice and kind. My questions were answered. The community looked well maintained, everything was nice and clean. They were very kind to my family and I.

Small Community!!

The Northglenn Heights was not as upscale as what we were looking for. The room they showed us that my loved one would be in was very small. The staff was very friendly and answered all of my questions.

Short Stay, But Nice Experience

Our time in this community was a short one, but it was a pleasant experience. The staff was kind and very accommodating during the move-in process. From what I saw it was a well maintained facility, everything looked nice and clean. It was a short experience, but this is a good community.

Confident About The Care

They are trying their best to care for my mother, and I'am pleased with everything they have done for us. The staff is excellent, they are helpful and kind. She enjoys the meals, the food is good. The residents have been very friendly and welcoming. She has adjusted well to it, and I know she is safe. They are very accommodating. I know she is in good hands,

Very Professional Staff

My aunt is doing very well here at Northglenn Heights. She seems to have adjusted well to community. The community is clean smells good and my aunts room is cleaned very well. She likes the food but said the portions are a little small. She participates in all the activities so she is very busy and active. They are very professional here and they are good at caring for my aunt.

Nice Community

My mother is doing good so far with her stay at Northglenn Heights. I am happy with our choice to move her here. It has been a great community for her, and the staff is very nice and helpful to her. The place looks great and no problems with cleaning. This is a nice community that I would recommend.

Absolutely Wonderful

Thing are going absolutely great at Northglenn Heights for my mother. She loves it here and has adjusted very well with the move into the community. The times that I have eaten there the food as been great. My mother has even par taken in new activities and made some new friends as well. They made this an easy process for us all the information they gave us is helpful. They help out with everything. It's really been a great welcoming event into the community.

food is okay

The activities are okay so far from what we've seen. My mother has not been able to participate in them as she has been sick. She has only been there for a few weeks. The food seems to be okay.

Mom's Happy

My mom has been here for a few weeks now and she's pretty happy. The food is great, the people are friendly, and the ground are well kept. It's s really nice place.

They take really good care of my Mom

They do everything well. They take really good care of my Mom. They go above and beyond for the residents. For instance, Halloween is coming up and if the residents want to participate the facility provides candy for them to give out to kids. It is a really nice place for her and she really enjoys it.

Need more staff members

Some are helpful and others aren't . The care services varies. To improve I think they needed a few more staff members so that when somebody fell down the hall or someone called in sick there would be enough people to cover. A lot of times they are short staffed.

Great place

This seems to be a great place so far. I can't really say too much, because it has not been that long, but I can say that the workers are caring and do their jobs well. The activities are nice and the food is actually better than I thought.

a lot of turnover

The staff is friendly and attentive. More fresh fruits and vegetables could be added. I think with the resources that they have they do a very good job!

An Excellent Experience

I would say that my mother's experience has been excellent. She really did not want to go in to assisted living, but they went out of their way to make her feel comfortable and she now loves being there.

My mother is really happy here

I am pretty happy with it. My mother seems very happy. There is more things to do. The only minor issue is that she would have asked a couple of times to have something done and they don't follow through. Other than that, I am very pleased. It's good to see my mother happy. It would be good to see a different menu. If someone could tell her the options verbally. My mother is really happy here. It's been a big load off my shoulders.

Wonderful Supported Community

I found northgleen heights vibrant community they had great staff. Only one community that accepted medicaid in the area and it was a really good resourceful place.

Going very well!

Things are going very well with Northglenn Heights, I have heard nothing but good things from my loved ones! The staff is very friendly, and the nurses in particular have been very sweet to my loved one. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they seem to take great care of the people who live here!

Friendly, welcoming staff!

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far they've made a very positive first impression! The facility itself is beautiful, and is always clean and well kept. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. They really went out of their way to make sure Mom was settled in and comfortable!

It's fantastic, they are doing a very good job.

It's fantastic, they are doing a very good job.

Review of Northglenn Heights

The staff is very friendly and attentive.

Although activities are offered, my parents choose not to participate.

Nice place, very friendly staff!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Northglenn Heights! My loved one is staying in their memory care unit, and the staff have been wonderful! They are caring, attentive, friendly, and always happy to help. We would recommend them!

Review of Northglenn Heights Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Northglenn, CO

I thought this would be a good fit for them.

Not A Place For Mom

My mom was only at Northglenn for a month before she died. Her health also declined very quickly during that time. There were a few vey caring caretakers, however, her final week, days and death were horrible. The lack of communication between Northglenn and St. Anthony Hospice was almost non existent. I often found my mom lying in her own pee during those final weeks. I asked for soft food trays the final week, and even the day she died, I found a solid food tray in her room. I was told she would receive her liquid morphine and lorazepam the last night of her life, or I would be called if it did not arrive, and neither happened. On the last day of her life, communication was so bad, two aides went in to her room with a wheel chair and wanted my brother to take her outside. Other ignorant things happened that are inexcusable. When I asked for the caregiver notes for the last four days of her life, I was ignored. My mom experienced a terrifying death, partly due to Northglenn's incapabilities.

All around fantastic

It’s just all around – I love it! My mom has been there just short of two months. This is coming from a brand new resident perspective. They’ve been super accommodating. They’ve helped in any way I needed. I just am very pleased that we picked them and that she’s there.

Great experience so far

My mother has only been in this community for about two months, but so far it has been a great place. She enjoys the food and the staff. Choosing any senior living option is difficult, and it is hard to find the perfect spot. The staff at Northglenn helped make that transition much less stressful, they are very friendly and attentive, and any time I have had questions, they have answered them well.

very impressed with Kaitlyn...

very impressed with Kaitlyn Robles, she spent alot of time with me and answered all my concerns completely. I really liked the facility. The only drawback was how small the bedroom closet was. Not sure about just having a window AC in the bedroom, need to ask if it cools the rest of the apartment and how noisy it is. Liked to location of the facility as well.

Take Medicaid after 2 years...

Take Medicaid after 2 years of private pay. Provide bedroom furniture. Decent facility. Military benefits search.

I am really glad we picked Northglenn...

I am really glad we picked Northglenn Heights for my mother.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I does take a couple of weeks to get everyone on board and settled in.

My mom says the food is exceptionally good. She has never complained about the quality or quantity of food. The residents are all happy and cheerful and nice to talk with. The apartments are spacious and each have their own temperature control. Laundry and cleaning of the apartment are included with the monthly fee.

The Cleanliness of the facility is very good. It does not smell like most of the other facilities that I visited. I enjoy walking into the lobby and seeing everyone smiling and having a good time.

Picking Northglenn Heights was the best thing for my mother.

Over all nice place

Took 10 days to get first shower. Grab bars and raised toilet we had to pay for, then pay to have it installed .
This should have been in place long before we came.

Can't fix stupid

The staff are long on selling their plans to keep you there, but short on providing care. They claim they don't have time to walk her, and suggest I hire someone to come in there and do it! My mom often smells like urine or stool and wears dirty clothes. They claim she refuses showers and help wiping. Obviously they have no skills in working with dementia patients to elicit cooperation with their care. Nursing (administrative only) staff is unwilling to meet her needs and offer excuses that they lack the staff to give her care. Wonder just what we are paying for.

Director conducted the tour,she was g...

Director conducted the tour,she was great.Lovely courtyard.Clean but not as nice as others toured.Like that 1st level apartments open into courtyard.

Beautiful facility. Liked the fact th...

Beautiful facility. Liked the fact that they had the ability to accomodate based upon needs. May be too large a community. The director was very enthusiastic and obviously loved her job. Kitchen facilities in room, but he'd have to pass a microwave test (not included). Phone and cable are included.

Director was very pleasant, and outgo...

Director was very pleasant, and outgoing. Felt rushed though as we went thru the tour, very clean, no urine smell.

Liked, not too big. Looked clean and ...

Liked, not too big. Looked clean and didn't smell. Really liked the Director, who gave us the tour, very helpful.

Really liked this one, almost too goo...

Really liked this one, almost too good to be true. Seems to have good care and interested in helping with all aspects of continuing care. Has memory care unit.

Set amidst Colorado’s majestic mountains and ten miles north of Denver,
Northglenn Heights Assisted Living and Memory Care Community
offers a lifestyle that meets your unique needs. With proximity to
an extensive Greenway trails and parks system, Webster Lake and
the acclaimed Butterfly Pavilion, this peaceful and picturesque
community is an ideal place to call home. Featuring Assisted
Living and In Touch® Memory Care, Northglenn Heights provides
a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle,
now and in the future.

Everything You Need to Feel at Home

Blending assistance with activities of daily life and supportive health and well-being programs, Northglenn Heights offers specialized services to fulfill your individual needs. Our licensed assisted living care program helps residents maintain active, comfortable lives, supported with dignity as their needs grow and change. And, for residents requiring special care, our award-winning InTouch® Memory Care Program assures personalized attention tailored to bettering the lives and experiences of our residents and their families. At Northglenn Heights your comfort and well-being always comes first.