Northgate Health Care Facility - North Tonawanda, NY

Northgate Health Care Facility - North Tonawanda, NY has yet not published prices.

They're very nice people and they do help.

Dawn Harsch

Our team appreciates your feedback. Thank you.

Everyone is so nice. The facility is clean. They are very good at keeping me informed.

Dawn Harsch

We appreciate your honest feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

The two therapists are great! The cleanliness wasn't good when I first got there, but it's gotten better

Dawn Harsch

We're glad to hear you're enjoying your therapy sessions. Our team works hard to create a culture of quality. Your comments have been shared with our housekeeping team.

The rehab is great. They have no smell, unlike other facilities like this. The girls that I met are very friendly, but there are some that aren't. I think they need more training because they don't know what they are doing. 3/4 of the meals are cold when I get them. I wish they had more of a variety. The meals seem to be repetitive. I asked for something else to eat because they gave me something that I didn't like. They asked what I would like, so I asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They said they were out of peanut butter, so I asked for a jelly sandwich and still was not able to get that.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear your time in therapy is productive and enjoyable. Our dietary team plans meals on a 4-week rotating schedule to provide maximum variety for our patients. We have shared your comments with our staff.

I was there 3 years ago and I liked it so much, that's why I went back there. Everyone was so nice. The meatloaf and chicken taste homemade.

Dawn Harsch

We're happy to have had the opportunity to help you recover twice! Thank you for your honest feedback.

The people and the care here are really good, I love it. I'm kind of bored at times, but that's because I'm picky about the activities that I choose to participate in that the facility offers. There are so many staff that I liked, they are all good. They keep everything clean, from the outside to the bathrooms and the rooms. I don't have to cook the meals so that's what I like the most. They also have an awesome menu with a good variety of meals to choose from. Everything has been good and they have been very good at keeping me informed.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for your feedback. It has been our pleasure to care for you.

Everything there was wonderful. They gave me a lot of understanding and teaching there, and that was very helpful. They talked to me slowly and reassured me about what I did and didn't need to do after discharge. They also gave me aids and tools to care for my needs, as well as showed me how to use them properly.

Dawn Harsch

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your stay was productive and enjoyable.

Over the last 40 years, The McGuire Group’s Chairman Frank McGuire has made an investment in the Western New York area by opening a number of health care facilities including Northgate Health Care Facility in North Tonawanda.
When his son Jim returned to his Buffalo roots and the family business in 1996, they were on the precipice of a new era in health care. Technological advances during the mid-90s enabled doctors to perform orthopedic and joint replacement surgeries more precisely and less invasively than ever before, giving patients more options for enhanced quality of life.
As a result, the need for high quality, short-term rehabilitation after surgery became a necessity to ensure proper healing before a patient could safely return home. In response, our company invested in the expansion of our programs at Northgate Health Care Facility transforming it into a state-of-the-art environment for rehabilitation and healing.
Today, Northgate defies the stereotypes of the nursing home industry, illustrating that great things happen when a family run organization has strong ties to the community and creates a supportive culture to give patients and staff the resources they need.

Northgate’s programs continue to grow in scope and complexity. Our rehabilitation program encompasses a variety of therapy services for joint replacements, cardiac care, post-surgical recovery and other orthopedic needs. We offer a specialized suite designed for training in a home-like environment including kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and laundry areas. Therapy services are offered up to seven days a week with outpatient therapy available after discharge to facilitate safety and independence in the community.

We also provide long-term care with 24-hour skilled nursing services to meet your loved one’s daily needs. This includes a secured memory CARE unit for those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Programming on the unit includes music therapy, art programs, therapeutic tasks, physical & occupational therapies and recreational activities. An enclosed courtyard also provides a safe area for outdoor enjoyment and walking.

A Respite Care program is designed for caregivers who need temporary care for their loved one while they vacation or tend to business. This program provides you with peace of mind knowing that your loved one’s social and medical needs are being met.

Hospice at Jeanne’s House – a Northgate and Niagara Hospice Collaboration - is a special unit devoted to meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of terminally ill residents who require both 24-hour skilled nursing care and hospice services.

Northgate continuously receives outstanding ratings from the federal government, which rates every nursing home in the country. In addition, for the past four years, the New York State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Northgate is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that have achieved the top quintile status for 4 out of 4 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone.