Nice place, overall

Overall I would say they do a good job at New Haven. It is a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and they take good care of the people who live here. Some of the staff could be a little friendlier, but it hasn't been a major problem.

Very greatful and happy

I moved my 89 year old mother into New Haven on June 6th. I really didnt know what to expect. I was very glad I chose New Haven. The staff at New Haven were knowledgeable, kind, friendly, respectful and knew just how to help us. Ruth and Olga at New Haven treated my mother and I like old friends. They quickly called us by name and were available to answer questions and help with every detail. My mother has lived alone in the same house for 50 years so this was a big transition for her. The safety and security of the building was a very comforting thing as well. As I was moving my mothers furniture in I was always asked by resadents that saw me coming and going if I lived there or had business there becasue I was unfimilliar to them. The resadents are very protective of thier home and dont just let anyone walk through the secure doors. We had needed some brighter bulbs in the bathroom for my mother and the handyman Shane was able to install them right away and he also has been friendly, thorough, cleans up after his work. Although we have not pushed my mom yet to venture out on the day trips New Haven offers we did attend a resadent's dinner so my mother could meet some of the resadents. The dinner was fun, well planned, the tables were set and decorations on every table. The event was standing room only and everyone including my mother enjoyed themselves. Its very obvious to me that the managent of the SHAG housing for New Haven must treat thier employees well because in turn the employees treat the resadents well. One last thing to add is that no matter when I went into New Haven day or evening, weekday or weekend moving my mothers things in or visiting her every place I went was clean and neat. The lobby, the front walk way, parking lot, eleavators, halls, public areas such as the tea room or the laundry rooms. THANK YOU SHAG and New Haven

I've only lived here for 3 weeks, so ...

I've only lived here for 3 weeks, so am still not familiar with all of the features, but like it so far.

many restaurants, grocery stores, specialty shops, medical and dental offices, banks, coffee shops and bakeries located in walking distance Just across the street, Bitter Lake Park, with its great view of Bitter Lake, community center: four tennis courts, two ball fields, walking paths, and a children’s play area.

The Bitter Lake Community Center itself offers a wide array of programs and special events year round for both kids and adults. From concerts to movies, birding to boating, dancing to aerobics, yoga classes to tennis lessons, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.

For serious shoppers, the Northgate Mall is only a few blocks away. Built in 1950 and considered to be the world’s first regional mall, today’s Northgate is still one of the state’s finest shopping centers.