Mother Marcy Home Care - Anaheim, CA

$2000 was his phone quote o...

$2000 was his phone quote over the phone in which I said is WAY TOO HIGH...he then said he needed to call his partner to discuss & called me right back with 'how about $1500?', I said still TOO HIGH & that I had not even taken a tour yet so he then scheduled for later that day. When I arrived I immediately noticed a dangerous situation as it's right off the busy main street. Anyone could just go right out any door & into it if not being properly watched. The whole house SMELLED VERY BAD of urine & body order. Living conditions appeared old & not very clean or sterile. They only had three old dirty chairs of furniture in the main living area, yet they have one women & four men they currently care for, & the woman with dementia they had sitting on a bare hard plastic patio chair. They ONLY employ ONE CAREGIVER which is difficult to understand, however, she said she does live there & does take care of EVERYTHING that to me is ANOTHER RED FLAG. Their meals menu served daily she showed us did look like all good choices & healthy nutrients. The house was hot, smelly & stuffy even though she had all the several doors and windows open. Asked if have any walkers or wheel chairs because my mom needs assist & she said no. I asked if she will assist her cleaning/showering/changes of adult diaper, she said ok. She also said they pick up prescriptions & give to them & also take them to doctor appointments. She mentioned on certain days they send them out to an 'Adult Day Care' for activities? They had several little uncovered patios off almost every perimeter of the house with easy access to get out of again not sure that's a good sign either?

Find the right home for your health and assisted living needs with services from Mother Marcy Home Care based in Anaheim, CA. We specialize in providing our residents with a unique approach helping you reach your specific health goals. Our team of experienced caregivers help you recover and stay healthy and connected with your loved ones.
Each person is different and our customized home care, tailored to individual needs, allows us to create achievable goals that are based on your lifestyle and physicality. At Mother Marcy Home, we employ dedicated and warm-hearted caregivers to provide you a place second to your home. Our administrator and caregivers are committed to help you make the changes in your life and health care.