Milky Way Guest Home - Anaheim, CA

No professional setting

While looking into some options for my love one this facility didn’t seem like a good fit. The facility just looked like a regular house. It was not set up like it was a professional setting, it’s a lot smaller than other facilities that I have seen, and it was as if that my love one would be there by himself. Overall, it was just not to my liking and didn’t meet my preferences.

I really liked this home. Unfortunately it is simply too far for me to travel while mom is on hospice. I believe a place closer to home will work best.

adminstrator is retired trauma nurse, have a dog.

I Liked The First Visit

There was no need to tour other place, they sold me on the first visit. Everything is okay in the home. They have been taking good care of my mom. She gets one on one time and it is local to me. They take care of her grooming and well being. I have no reason doubt them.

The place to be, if you need personal care

Great staff to patient ratio
Caring and trustworthy from what I can see
Pleasant to work with
Knowledgeable
Gives me peace of mind knowing my mother is being cared for 24hours,7days a week
Keeps me informed on mom's condition regularly
Guess thats why she's there

I Am Happy With The Care

The care my mom has been getting has been going very well. My mom's caregivers are attentive, friendly, and welcoming. The meals are tasty and she gets enough portions. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this home.

Not Good Here

I had to pull my dad from this home. I feel he was being over-medicated, when he first moved in he was talking and able to move. When I left with him, I practically had to carry him out and he had lost 7 pound! It started wonderful and it all seemed good but after moving in, the care went down hill. The owner is a nurse and she feels she knows what she is doing. A Place For Mom should look more into communities that they refer. I am not happy with this.

Owner/caretaker Cynthia [removed] is a wonderful caring person. She is taking a very proactive role in the care of my mother. My mother was essentially bed ridden by the end of her hospital/rehab stay. Cynthia has encouraged my mom to start walking again and has had great success with her efforts. Cynthia has exceeded my expectations! I recommend her home to anyone in need of assisted living help.

Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) serve persons 60 and older. They provide room, board, housekeeping, supervision, and personal care assistance with basic activities like personal hygiene, dressing, eating, and walking. Facilities usually centrally store and distribute medications for residents to self-administer.

This level of care and supervision is for people who are unable to live by themselves but who do not need 24 hour nursing care. They are considered non-medical facilities and are not required to have nurses, certified nursing assistants or doctors on staff. Other terms used to refer to this level of care are assisted living facilities, board and care homes, rest homes and that component of Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) that provide personal care and supervision.

Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly or Assisted Living Facilities must meet care and safety sta