Montvale Estates - Springfield, IL

Recent review

Since the new director, [name removed], was hired, the facility has gone down hill. Food service is terrible. There is frequent high turnover of staff. Food quality is terrible. Only 1 elevator for entire residence. Frequently broken down. Smoking allowed in building. Residences are run down. Old appliances. Frequently broken washers and dryers. Resident theft has happened. There is absolutely no security in the building.

It is truly sad to see it in such bad shape.

Perfect Community For My Mother

My mother is doing wonderful since her move to this community. The location is close to all her familiar areas. I know she is in great hands, and in a safe facility. They have a lovely staff, and they are always kind, and friendly when I visit. She stays busy with all the activities they offer. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The dining experience is great. I looked into other community's, but this was the perfect fit for my mother. It is a community I would highly recommend.

A good place

My husband is doing well living at this community. The staff have been friendly and helpful. They do offer some daily activities, however he has not yet participated in any. He thinks the food is a little bland. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Staff was not as friendly!!

I was not very pleased with the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where not as friendly as I would have hoped and I did not feel very comfortable during my visit. I did not think this facility was as nice as the other ones I had looked at. In the end decision it was just not the right choice for me.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, and I work for Holiday. While I'm very disappointed to receive this feedback, I'd like to sincerely thank you for sharing it with us. We strive to deliver an exceptional experience, and sincerely apologize for having fallen short of that goal. We appreciate your feedback, and wish you nothing but the best in your continued search for senior housing. Of course, if we can be of further assistance now or down the road, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here, and always happy to help. Thank you! -Katie

Understanding Staff!!

I am about to make the move into this community and am very much looking forward to it . The staff have been extremely kind and have taken the time to understand and accommodate all of my needs. I had the opportunity to try a meal during my tour and it was delightful. They even have live entertainment going on for all of the residents during there dinning experience. Overall I have no complaints and it has been a great experience.

All good for dad.

So far, so good. The price is fair, my dad has a smoking room & he stays involved. They could have a better intercom system to let them know when things are going on but aside from that, I'd say all good.

Nice place also!

Definitely recommend!

My Mom is happy at Montvale. I definitely recommend it, there's a family feel to it. High value for the price.

It's nice.

It's nice. The only complaint I would have is their transport vehicle is only available from 9-1. The food is a little bland, but it's not horrible. It's clean and the people are pretty friendly. Only because of the timing limitations for transportation, I would give them a strong four.

experienced

Friendly experIenced staff always, helpful always available

Great new home

Absolutely a wonderful place to live. Three very good meals a day, even brought to the room when needed. Maid service, much entertainment, transportation to doctors etc.
Very reasonable pricing. The most helpful and caring staff I have ever known.

The food is just so-so They said that they were sending dinner up, but it never came up. I thought three meals a day were included but it's only two. I think they should have more opportunity for transportation to and from doctors appointments.

Nice clean place, amazing staff. Location is great, feels like home.

A nice facility

Its a very nice facility. It is very clean. The people here are wonderful. The staff and residents are kind. They are caring and helpful. My loved one is very comfortable and happy here. They could improve on their activities. Other than that, everything has been going great. I would recommend the Montvale Estates if your in the Springfield area. This is a very nice community. Everything has been going smoothly.

Very nice with very people. Apartments are nice and kept clean. Pet friendly

real good care

My mom was only there for about four weeks before she fell and broke her hip, but while she was there they took real good care on her. They checked on her regularly, and made sure she was involved and active. I would highly recommend Montvale Estates.

I loved the staff and found them to be very helpful.

I loved the staff and found them to be very helpful. We had lunch and dinner meals there at the community and we found the meals to be very enjoyable. I liked that it was near a shopping plaza which is convenient. It was remodeled and spacious.

It is a grate place to live ,all the meals are furnished and maid service . I like it very much ,but i am a person that stayes by my self .I ENJOy BEAING BY MY SELF .

Nice

Nice, enjoyed it, roomy, people were great

I am not satisfied with Montvale Esta...

I am not satisfied with Montvale Estates. In fact, I'm moving to a less expensive place on the 24th of this month. The laundry room is not cared for, and there's no AC in there. The fans haven't been cleaned in forever. The residents have to clean everything, including AC filters. The food had gone down in quality. There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians here.. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Very friendly staff, very clean, resi...

Very friendly staff, very clean, residents great, wxcellent food.

Montvale Estates a good place to settle down

My experience in dealing with Montvale has been very good. They have very kind and caring people working there who sometimes go out of their way to help. My mother is there and may not always be the easiest to deal with but they do a good job. It is a little costly, but it does offer a lot of things to do to keep their people busy. I do believe they need to work on the food a little bit more. They have a new chef that hasn't quite figured out how to feed older people yet. So, that needs so improvement. Overall, Montvale is a very good retirement place, and I do believe I would and have recommended it. I just hope they can keep up with the care they give.

Monvale is an warm and welcoming place.

Montvale has proven to be a wonderful choice for my mom. The entire staff is friendly, cheerful and caring and the food is excellent with many choices for those who don't find the main offering at any meal to their taste. There are also two rooms for family meals with mom or you can simply join her in the main dining room. Motvale offers numerous activities, including regular exercise classes, movie nights, games and live music virtually every week from a variety of musicians. Finally, although technically an independent living facility, Montvale partners with a company called Vital Wellness to provide many assisted living services, some of which my mom requires.

Could not have picked a better place

Mom's very shy in the beginning so unless someone goes down to meals with her or activites but once she's around people she enjoys it, she really is a social butterfly once she gets there. She has cataract's but is getting surgery in the next couple of weeks but I'm hoping since she was forced into the situation and she can't see, after she gets this cataract done she's going to feel much better. They do try to encourage her but she won't listen sometimes, the actvities that she's done already she enjoyed. Her bath aid has been wonderful to her, she'll bring food up for her if she doesn't want to go to dinner, her and the cleaning lady has been real good to her. They have gone out of their way to help her. The directors even want to really encourage her and if they see her out they come up to her and say how happy they are to see her, they're really putting it out there for them. We're really happy with it..

I strongly recommend them

My mother is very happy there and it was hard to get her to buy in to going to some place. My mother is very pleased, they keep her more than occupied. My mom has Alzheimer's and I've noticied several others and they take care of each other very well. They have certified people coming out that were basically right there on the premises and that was excellent, I'm more than pleased. I'm just prayerful that the rate won't go up terribly because we can't afford more, but other residents tell me to expect a significant increase, but there's life around her, she has friends there and I'd like not to move her. I've eaten meals down there and I've had a good opportunity to observe, i just pop up and her little apartment s always clean and there's always someone there to do what they need to do. It's a good place, she's never lonely, she feels independent and there's always things for her to do.

Recommending them like I work there

Montvale Estates offers a good variety of activities for the residents, some of the activities looked so fun I wanted to join in. The location of this community really made it convenient for our family to visit. There is just so many factors that really made us chose this community like location, price, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. It is located right across the street from a grocery store and right behind that there is a lot of doctors offices anything from optomitrist to audiologist. The have really comfortable places to sit down and relax both inside the community and outside. When the residents do not feel well they can ask the staff to bring them their meals to their rooms. The food was really good they have all kinds of food and big variety, there was home made bread, home made muffins, fresh fruit and anything else you can order off a menu. I would highly recommend them, in fact I am handing out their cards like if I work for them. Any time I see a person who might possibly need a community like this I let them know about it.

Very nice. Studio apartmen...

Very nice. Studio apartment nice size with no balcony. All private funding. Would need assistance with money . 2270.00 per month.

very nice especailly liked the cottages

very nice especailly liked the cottages

Located in a quiet, west suburb of Springfield, Montvale Estates offers you an elegant home just outside Illinois’ historically significant capitol. We’re conveniently close to shopping, healthcare and all the culture of Lincoln’s birthplace.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind