Brenden Gardens - Springfield, IL

Brendon Gardens - a lot for your money, clearly a five star facility.

We have been here just a week but are much relieved that everything is just fine. The major motivation to our coming here was cost which is much less than any other place in or about Springfield and you are getting much more for your money than anyplace else. The staff here is very helpful and makes a concerted effort to make sure everyone is happy living here. The food overall is really good and the servings are generous and there is an abundance of daily activities in which all can participate.
I would without qualification recommend this place to anyone considering an independent living facility.

In short one would be well served by considering this facility before making any decision on independent living.

A Great Place

The Brenden Gardens could offer some more care services that the residents would need. But other than that, it is really a great place. They have a lot of great food and the staff members are very friendly.

Nothing to Improve

I am not being factious or anything, but I really do not know how they could improve upon anything over at the Brenden Gardens. It just wholeheartedly deserves a five-star overall rating from me.

Diamond in the rough

Could always be cheaper. And needs a transport with a lift.

Friendly staff but limited activities

The staff are real friendly. I would like to see them have more activities, the dining room is off limits in between meals. Some more space for activities would be nice. There is a lot of isolation, they just eat and go back to their rooms. The food seems to okay. They do have a few activities, but we thought there would be a lot more.

Five Star Reviews

Mike, thank you so much for your feedback. Is your loved one at Brenden Gardens new to our community? The reason I ask is I want to make sure they are receiving our Activity Calendar each month which is full of fun things to do. Our Activity Director Christine Brimer is always available to sit and discuss current or even new activities for the future with you and your family -- where to sign up for trips, cards, and other fun activities. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks again,

John Balota
Executive Director
Brenden Gardens

Very nice place!

They've done an excellent job here, my loved one really seems to be enjoying it. Her mood and outlook just seem much better since she started staying here, and she has been so much more social. The facility itself is very nice, and always clean, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful!

I really like them! Everything has be...

I really like them! Everything has been great. The two people that run the place, Caroline and John, have been nothing but fantastic! It's only been a short while, but so far, everything has been great!

Better value than others

We were looking a couple of years ago (2/2 and a half) and I think the food was better here than other places. At that point mom did not want to go in but it's cheaper than other places, we had mom ready to move there. When we toured we were very excited and we had an opportunity to go out and have dinner and lunch and the food was excellent, the apartment was a lot cheaper than others. She wouold have paid less for a one bedroom here than a studio at other places. I would have put them euqal to others but we weren't there to see how the maids worked and it's a little bit secluded, they did provide transportation but I didn't get a chance to see it in operation, it was on a promise.

Like Family

Brenden Gardens is an excellent community. Our loved one has been doing very well there. They are considerate and kind. They treat the residents like family. We are very pleased with Brenden Gardens and would recommend them to anyone.

Good match for mother in law

Obviously the price or cost was one issue but we just thought that the facility looked ideal for my wife's mom. The rooms were nice, the meals that they provided looked like the were outstanding. It was indicated and also obvious that they keep the facility well maintained. We tried the food also and it was very good. My wife's mom likes it very much, she said she really likes it and enjoys socializing with the people who are there. Like we did, anybody that's considering that type of care, they need to look at different options and make a choice based on what they see and what will be best for them.

very nice but seemed that rooms were ...

very nice but seemed that rooms were a bit small.

Brenden Gardens is a beautiful, 110-apartment community, offering an active lifestyle for independent living residents. Step inside our doors, and discover charming retirement living with a city flair. Personal touches create a community rich in hospitality and friendship – a community you will be proud to call home.