Monarch Meadows - North Mankato, MN

Tour and care

We like the tour at this community. The staff were nice and caring to answer the questions we had. The menu and the activities seemed to be good for the residents. We would suggest families tour for the care of a loved one.

Mom Is Meeting More People

Things are going quite well for my mom. She likes the meals that they make her and she gets 2 meals a day and we feel that it is nutritious. The social aspect of eating with the residents is good for her. They are all nice and the workers are too.

Tougher Than Anticipated

I feel that my dad had a great start for his care. The staff were helpful and accommodating to the needs for Dad. The community is a clean place. My dad likes the food provided. It was a good experience

Very good for basic assisted living needs

At first glance, Monarch Meadows has everything that a senior would need to make that next step into assisted living from independent living. However, if your loved one needs their highest level of care or has any medical conditions that need to be managed, I would recommend considering another option. I found that the the care (assistance) that their facility can provide and coordination of the home health care that they contract with often gets mismanaged or important details get overlooked. They are very willing to remedy the situation when issues are brought up which is great, but this type of system also allows (in my opinion) too much opportunity for the residents to refuse assistance/care. I think something that could tremendously improve this would be for any resident that is in a care suite (highest level of care) to be on a schedule of cares vs. giving an option for refusal. I know with my dad he will refuse the cares most times but if it presented as "this is what we are doing today" he is accepting. When you are dealing with individuals that do not have the capacity to properly judge when they need help, having an system where they can refuse care, yet are paying for that care is not an ideal situation. Overall I do think they are a good facility, they just happened to not be the best fit for our family.

Easy To Work With

My mother is doing quite well at The Monarch Meadows and we are happy with our choice to move her there. It looks very nice and I've had no problem with the cleaning they are very clean. Staff here has been just the best with everything and helping us out with the move and getting mom settled in they have been very accommodating to her and her needs. This community has been very easy to work with they made to process very easy and smooth I would recommend for people to take a look at this community.

going good

Monarch Meadows is going good. It is still so new. It is an adjustment period right now. So far everything is good. The staff is very cooperative when I talk to them. If there is anything I need to change they are willing to try it.

It was a good experience..

It was a good experience. They had the type of nursing that he needed. My husband was very pleased with the atmosphere. He was surprised that it didn't look like a nursing home at all. I would consider the Monarch Meadows again if we needed hospice care. The location was a great distance from us, but that's a small matter. I would recommend the Monarch Meadows to anyone. (Activities not applicable)

With ample walking paths and an adjacent park, Monarch Meadows offers easy access to nature, providing opportunities for reflection and rejuvenation. Our structured programs are designed to enrich our residents’ lives by promoting spiritual, recreational or educational benefits with each activity. Every Wednesday our Chef prepares a special breakfast for our residents to enjoy with their families, and throughout the year our theme meals bring additional excitement and celebration to our dining room. Musical performances are frequently heard at Monarch Meadows whether it’s by a visiting entertainer, or a resident playing our baby grand piano. Music is also played during mealtimes.