Kingsway Retirement Living - Belle Plaine, MN

Kingsway Retirement Living offers independent living, assisted living and memory care in Belle Plaine, Minnesota. We are part of 22 acre campus owned and operated by The Lutheran Home Association. Our campus includes skilled nursing, a residence for developmentally disabled adults and more

Our five year old building offers 45 comfortable independent living apartments. Eight unique models in a variety of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are available. Built in cabinets, bookcases, kitchen and laundry appliances are features of all independent apartments. The largest 2 bedroom apartments include a fireplace.

The assisted living services are tailored to meet your needs. We offer 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Amenities include an interactive kitchen, laundry, walk in showers and a fireplace in the commons area.

Our specialized memory care provides trained staff to meet individual needs. A secure outdoor courtyard, an interactive kitchen and weekly housekeeping services are just a few of the ways we meet personal needs.

All utilities are included with your rent. Ten meals per month are inclued with your independent living rent. All meals are included in your assisted and memory care rent.

We have a very vibrant activity schedule to keep you as busy as you'd like to be. We have a beauty shop, branch of the State Bank of Belle Plaine, museum, gift shop and barber shop to help maintain your lifesytle.

Kingsway has a well groomed grounds and a unique and attractive buildings to drive up to. There is an openness that continues throughout the center.
The administration and staff are ready to help you, and do it with service caring and a smile.
The apartments are designed with character not just square loops.
It makes for a comfortable home.

Moving into Kingsway was an easy decision for me. The building and apartments are attractive and helpful.
I have made wonderful friends since moving to Kingsway several months ago. Kingsway is my home!

Contented Resident

I have now lived at Kingsway a little over two years. I chose it originally because it is about an hour from each of my three children. I loved the architecture when I toured and appreciated the size of the apartments and variety of layouts. There are many activities offered but no pressure to take part. It's strictly up to the individual. Most people find their own favorites. The food in the dining room is varied and good. It's fun to join friends for meals whenever you wish. Last, but not least, the staff is friendly and always helpful. I can't say enough about how I have enjoyed the last two years.

Good nutritional meals.Great nursing staff and living conditions.Really enjoy living here

Kingsway overview

Due to Huntington's Disease, My daughter needed assisted living care and a safe environment. At Kingsway, she is receiving the continuous care she needs. She is also enjoying a social life with other residents. She enjoys her living quarters and the meals. She is now getting, with the aid of the dietician, the proper nutrition she needs. Belle Plaine is very fortunate to have this facility.

Karl Keup

Thank you for the outstanding review of Kingsway. It's our honor to have your daughter live with us. She's thriving in many ways. She is so happy to be here and enjoying all the activities and socialization available!
Karl

First Rate Care

My parents have received first rate care at Kingsway. The staff is friendly, accessible and knowledgeable. The facility is beautiful and clean.

There are lots of activities on the premises as well as trips around the area.

Karl Keup

Trutone - It was our honor to care for your father. We continue to care for your mother. Thank you for the kind words and review. We have an amazing staff.

A Journey of Love

I felt sad and worried the day my husband was to enter the Kingsway Memory Unit, but staff came to meet us at the door, took him by the hand and made me feel better about the admission. He seemed happy to be there right away and never asked to leave. He had a beautiful room but spent most of him time in the common area because I feel he loved being with the staff. The meals were good and he loved the mealtime. Staff was very caring to all of the residents and they were very courteous to my family, friends and I when we visited. I was notified immediately when he was ill and the nurses were very excellent in taking care of him. The Kingsway staff and facility went above and beyond what I would have expected when he became very ill and dying. They showed so much love and concern.

Karl Keup

Jan - Thank you for the kind words. Our exceptional staff continues to please residents and family members on a daily basis. We miss your husband.

Extremely Pleased

My mother has been living at Kingsway Retirement Living for 8 years and we have been extremely happy with the staff and services provided.

Horrible

Horrible communication and rude upper management. Under staffed.

Karl Keup

Hello Stacy - we would like to visit with you about your concerns. Please feel free to call me at [removed]

Wonderful Place

My father has been in Memory Care in Kingsway for three weeks. It was a hard decision for our family, but we have been extremely pleased with Kingsway. The facility is beautiful, and the memory care unit is thoughtfully designed and very homey. The staff are amazing. My dad had a rough adjustment the first week, and every single staff person we interacted with was kind, compassionate, skilled, and really cared about my dad and helping him adjust. They were also very caring in dealing with me, my mom, and my sister, and helped make this process easier for all of us. My dad is now happy, loves his room, and despite his limited communication skills he has told us that he likes the place and likes the staff. We are sad that he can no longer be at home, but we really believe that Kingsway is the best possible place for him, and we are so relieved that we were able to find a place for him there.

Dignity, Honor and AMAZING Care!

My father was blessed beyond words to spend his last 6 weeks of life in Kingsway's memory care. It not only is a beautiful facility to live in but more importantly, the staff is outstanding and full of passion and unconditional love for each resident, not to mention highly trained in memory care. They are an amazing TEAM of christian people who loved, cared for, encouraged, and engaged my father in activities every day to give him a quality life full of dignity, honor and happiness.
The respect, love and care he received was unwavering each day. You will NOT find a place that even comes close to this. I had visited/reviewed MANY places too!
They have state of the art technology for the safety of the residents and also for stimulating them intellectually via a giant touch screen computer that can be programmed for each residents interests and hobbies.
I will forever be grateful for Kingsway and how they blessed my father and my family and showed us ALL unconditional love and care.

So far it's been good.

So far it's been good. We haven't had any major complaints so far. We are pretty happy with them. I think they would get a five so far.

Kingsway is a wonderful place for Mom to live!

Kingsway is a wonderful place for Mom to live! The entire staff is loving and caring and treats Mom with dignity and respect.
There are numerous activities for her, including musical performances, church services, prayer groups, and exercise classes. The coffee shop, parlors, Ratzkeller, and outstanding restaurant offer lots of places to gather with people and have a change of scenery. The grounds around Kingsway are beautiful and the walking paths are great!
It gives us peace of mind to know Mom’s health issues and general well-being are being addressed by such a knowledgeable and professional staff. We are grateful Mom is so happy and content. Kingsway is a blessing to our family!

Great new home for senior living

Kingsway has a very personal, professional staff. They are very kind and helpful from the start in just showing us around to making our move easier. Very helpful staff for family as well as Mom as she transitioned to her new "home". It's a great place for community involvement with activities and friends old and new.

Kingsway a friendly, caring community!

Kingsway has been a great community for my parents and the transition was fairly easy. They felt included and welcomed right away. The events and activities vary and the staff are very friendly. My mom always comments on the attitude and friendliness of the staff and people at Kingsway. Its always positive! The dining room and food has also been great. Safety and security features are also put in place....The nurses on site are friendly and very helpful. The transportation is critical for them with the motorized wheelchair, which makes for peace of mind for family knowing they are able to go on all the activities scheduled. They have only lived there 6 months and are very comfortable and happy with the transition from living in their home for years.

Peace of mind

My parents have lived at Kingsway for over 6 years. In that time, my siblings and I have been thoroughly impressed by the care and respect my parents receive on a daily basis. The staff is constant and professional. There is very little turnover so the staff know my parents' interests, medical issues and needs extremely well. As things are changing for my father, the staff is quite helpful in finding solutions to his physical as well as mental deterioration. In addition they are incredibly intuitive to my mother's need for respite and provide much support for her well being. Kingsway provides my family great peace of mind knowing our parents are safe, comfortable and happy.

Karl Keup

Carol H - Your parents are wonderful. Our skilled home health aide staff lead by Melisa and Amber are committed to caring for all residents. We enjoy your parents. We will continue to make sure they are safe, comfortable and happy

My Kingsway Experience

I lived in a townhouse about 15 miles away. My wife died about two years ago and I wasn't getting along so well by myself. Besides, my children lived a distance away. They wanted me to look into elderly housing, but I did not want to live in an old peoples home. We came for a tour after a hospital stay and I was really surprised. It was beautiful. and very clean. lots of amenities. All of the people that live here are super. Very friendly and helpful. All of the staff from the administrator to the nursing staff to the kitchen staff are all helpful and friendly. The housekeeping crew does an amazing job. I would recommend Kingsway to anyone looking for elderly housing.
I also thought I would have to give up my hobbies. I enjoy working with wood. In our tour I learned I could bring my tools with me. I love the wood shop and the craft room. And now others will ask what I am doing and I can show them.

Karl Keup

HJ - We are pleased to know how happy you are with your decision to move to Kingsway. Our friendly staff enjoys caring and serving our residents. Have fun with your hobby and working in the wood shop!

Murphy Story

Nearly 5 yrs. ago We decided to leave our big home and move into Independent Living at Kingsway Retirement Living. We made the move while we were able to decide what special possessions we had accumulated over 55+ yrs. of marriage to move into our new home and see our family, friends and charitable organizations receive things they appreciated receiving. Independent Living gives us the privacy of independent living but a step out of our apartment we can enjoy dining in the restaurant on site, daily activities, shopping on the Kingsway van locally and out of town, religious activities and visiting with our new friends to name a few perks of retirement living.
As the health of one of us has changed the press of a pendant one of us wear has help available immediately. Home Health Care services and a nurse provide support to the care giver spouse so you are never left with an alone feeling and unsure of what to do. I cannot say enough about this support system.
You pick out your first home together and why not choose your retirement living home together to enjoy carefree living in a safe environment with everything you need available at the press of a button. Home Health Care Services provide services to the individual in a customized dignified caring manner suited to the needs of the individual making it possible to live independently in our home. The greatest gift you can give your family is deciding to move while both of you can do this and children know their parents are happy and safe in a new home of their choosing.
Days at Kingsway are filled with so many activities that some days we have to decide what do we want to do most-a fun way to spent your time. It is not what you give up moving into a retirement center but ALL that you gain.

Karl Keup

Mary Pat and Dan - we are glad you are pleased with the amenities at Kingsway and the outstanding cares provided by our wonderful home health aides.

An Oasis in the Great White North

It is a challenge to express the quality and care that Kingsway provides for our family. The facility is immaculate, the on-site amenities unparalleled, and the staff provides an atmosphere more akin to family and home than anywhere I have experienced. The heartfelt care that each member of the staff provides is beyond expectation and their ability to cater to each resident in accordance with their particular needs is such a relief for our family. Finding this gem in an area close to our family has allowed us to keep our family together for all occasions. Never has a request from our family (of which there has been a number) been handled with anything less than sincere and dedicated attention. The folks at Kingsway provide a fine balance of professional competence and family style nurturing which none in our family has ever found more complete. Our appreciation and thanks go out to Karl, Melissa, Sharon, and the rest of the wonderful staff. Please don't change the way you all do what you do!

Wiebe Family -
Thank you for the kind words. It's our honor and privilege to have your family member live at Kingsway. We enjoy him tremendously and will continue to make this a wonderful place for him to safely live.

Karl Keup - Administrator

I had a terrible experience...

I had a terrible experience with what I thought was a friendly environment when I came to realize it was an institution that doesn't support human rights. They inappropriately intruded on my abilities to help my family member. They psychologically mistreated my family member and me causing arduous grief for us.

A Blessing to the Elderly.

Kingsway Retirement Living is a Blessing to the elderly, my father enjoyed being there and wanted to take his last breath at Kingsway. By the Grace of God he was able to do that because of the Nurses , help aids and Hospice Care.
We would recommend Kingsway to any family who is thinking of a facility for a loved one.
God's Blessings to the people who work and run Kingsway Retirement Living.

Allie Simon

Thank you. Your father was a big part of our community and is greatly missed.

Laughter

The very first time I walked into Kingsway I was impressed by the laughter coming from the residents everywhere. Nothing special was going on, just little groups enjoying life and friendships. And the next time I went, the same. My Aunt has lived there 9 months now and she is enjoying the warmth new friends.
The staff has been a real blessing to my Aunt and myself. They make every effort to give each person under there care the very best. Kingsway has a lot of Angels working there. I'm thankful and grateful for each of them.
Great job everybody.

Allie Simon

Thank you, Steven. We enjoy caring for your Aunt and seeing your wonderful family visit so often.

We have been a past of Kingsway from ...

We have been a past of Kingsway from the beginning and rate them tops, because of the staff, care services, managements desire to keep everyone in touch with
what is going on and their response to meet community events.

Thank you, Bob.

Henry's care

The staff is very friendly and give excellent care to my brother Henry. I am in charge of seeing he is cared for and I am very satisfied with the care he gets. If he every needs help he presses his call button and he is cared for promptly. I would appreciate it if one of the nurses on staff would inform me if he is getting low on supplies. I usually need a few days to get them to him. He says he likes it there and that the staff is good to him. He said it was the best decision he made was move to Kingsway. Thank you for taking good care of him.

Kingsway

Very clean, friendly and provide good care!

Thank you!

Beautiful place, friendly staff, fami...

Beautiful place, friendly staff, family feeling

Fabulous place for our mother

This is a wonderful community for our mother, who lives in assisted living. She has everything she needs, but mostly the staff is wonderful...very caring and friendly.

Allie Simon

Thank you, Julie. We really enjoy your mother.

Small town location

We chose Kingsway because the community was really clean the staff was extremely friendly. The location also makes it really convenient for our family. It is located in a smaller town so it is more fitting for our loved ones lifestyle. It is a little expensive but you do get what you pay for. We are very pleased with Kingsway and would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you!

Best Place To Retire

My parents live in the Independent Living portion of this establishement and absolutly love it. The nurses take very good care of my Mother who needs plenty of help. The Staff communicates well both with my parents and the family. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I enjoy visting my parents because they are happy and the Staff always greets you when they see you. I highly recommend the Kingsway facility!

We had an issue over the Holidays, 2012, where my Dad went into the hospital Christmas Eve. My Mother cannot be left alone and needed care. At about 9:15 AM I entered Kingsway with the issue and by 11:15 my Mother was transported with all paperwork in place to the Nursing Home Facility on the same campus. Lunch was even awaiting her. How wonderful and less stressful for me!

Allie Simon

Thanks, Carol. We enjoy having your parents here. Glad we can help.

Independent living

My father has been a resident at Kingsway independent living for About 4 years. He and I say it's the best move he could have chosen to make after my mom past away!
The apartment is as lovely decor affording him all the conveniences of a single family home,. However he.can get any or all his meals in the dining room, he has the mental stimulation of wonderfully planned activities, and the option of using their bus or being driven anywhere he needs to go.
My husband and I live a long way away Kingsway.There is on call staff nursing day or night. This service along with the caring staff give me a great amount of security knowing he is well cared for in my absence,

Thank you, Anita!