Mamie's Loving Care - Temple Hills, MD

Just a little suggestion

Having a family member there, I have been able to see first hand how well the one on one service is done for the clients.

But I do think that since they a a small amount of clients (5 or 6) that they should also have a routine nurse or physician's assistance come in at least one a month to check on the clients. They have one person taking care of all clients which isn't bad.

If I am not mistaken, I thought that they had implemented a program for clients who experience bouts of Dementia and I have NOT SEEN ANYTHING pertaining to that. It would seen that that program would only come from a residential medical doctor and I don't think that they have one. It's up to the family to get this done. Nothing wrong with it but if you and going to advertise this program, you should have it in place.
Otherwise my family is delighted that our family is there.

Mamie was very helpful but ...

Mamie was very helpful but the residence is rull right now and not accepting new residents.

I was referred to the home in Calvert...

I was referred to the home in Calvert County instead and we love this home and the floor plan. Room size is great for two roommates and the home is very clean well kept both inside and out. Top on the top 3 list.

Fantastic! Although licensed provider...

Fantastic! Although licensed providers do not provide the day-to-day care, this facility offered The facility offers a clean, warm, welcoming atmosphere with a whole lot care. I would highly recommend this facility to everyone.

Mamie's Loving Care is located in beautiful Fort Washington, MD. We pride ourselves in offering some of the most extensive and caring services to elderly people of all walks of life. Unlike many assisted living facilities, we are able to offer services to people with almost any particular medical need. Whether one needs only a small amount of help to get through the day, or more extensive medical assistance, we're able to step in and provide that help. However, our concern for health goes beyond the charts and medications one might need. Obviously this is important, but we also pride ourselves on helping people's mental health by creating an actual home. Part of that comes in the form of offering healthy and tasty meals which everyone is sure to love. We also offer a wide range of planned activities. These activities are held both within the facility and outside on the town as well. We also know that one's spiritual well being can be vitally important. As such, we work to ensure that senior citizens making a home with us are able to attend the religious services of their choice offsite. At the same time, we also recognize that part of a home for many people is the companionship of a furry friend. We try to accommodate any reasonable desire to own and take care of pets. The term independent living is the heart of our philosophy. Our mission is to help everyone actually live, and have the independent life they deserve. We don't seek to take over one's life, but rather act as assistants to help people live with the joy and dignity that all elderly people deserve in their golden years.