Mallard Point - Cedar Falls, IA

Mallard point

After speaking with [Removed] we were able to find Mallard Point in Cedar Falls, IA. Our Mom loves her new home. She has 3 nutritious meals a day and is interacting with the other residents there. The staff is wonderful! It has made Mom's transition from her home of 60 years to a new chapter in her life and new friends.

[Removed] did an excellent job giving us the tour of the facility. He was VERY professional and the facility definitely chose the right person for that position. What really impressed me the most was that every resident we bumped into during our tour, he called them by their name, that in itself says a lot about him! The facility was nice and would fulfill our mother's needs. Now the thing we are faced with is getting her to make the move. I assumed that was settled when we took the tour but now she insists she is going home. Are heading to an assisted living facility today so we will see.

I am very comfortable

I like my apartment here at Mallard Point. The apartment only comes with a refrigerator and a sink. This is a large community and the staff do the best they can. The food is fine and I am learning my way around the area. If you are looking for independent living than this community is a good place to start.

This is place looks wonderful. It is the one that I'm going to select.

A good fit!!

This community switched hands right after mom moved in. They have gone from someone living on site to using a lifeline service. They keep the community clean and she has a cleaning person for her apartment. Mom likes it here and I would have moved her in sooner if I knew it was here. They offered a rate lock when she moved in.

A good place for my dad!!

My dad is doing well at Mallard Point. They offer a lot of activities for him to enjoy. He seems to like the food as I have not heard any complaints about it. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it. We have good communication with the staff and they are all very nice.

....it was lovely, very nice.

We looked here when we were looking for options. It wasn't the best location for me, but it was lovely, very nice. We have worked with Holiday on several occasions before and have never been disappointed. We ended up choosing a different Holiday location though.

It's clean and the people are nice.

It's a little smaller than we had hoped for, but I think it will work out. It's clean and the people are nice. It's just a little different of an atmosphere than a place that is more apartment like. I think she will be happy there.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Mallard Point has been a very positive one overall! The staff here is friendly and very communicative! They were a huge help throughout the whole process, and always had time to answer any questions that I had. Now that my loved one has moved in she really seems to be enjoying it! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and she is really enjoying the busy social atmosphere!

They are very good.

They are very good. I don't have any complaints about the level of cleanliness, and the staff is friendly. I don't do activities, so I couldn't tell you about those, but I don't have any complaints. Everything is working out fine.

Very nice looking independent living!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This is a beautiful community, and for those with no care needs it looks like it would be a wonderful place to live! The price also seemed very good for the level of service they provided.

Food isn't good and rooms could use more attention.

The staff is really friendly here. The personal rooms could use a little more attention. The food is not good for me at all, sometimes it's not worth my trip, they are great on desserts. I think they need a new cook. The activities aren't interesting to me, I have always been around younger people. We liked the room because it has an outside entrance. Their dryer makes my clothes wrinkle more than I would like and now I have to iron.

Wonderful Independent Living Home

My experience with the staff at Mallard Point has been wonderful. Everyone has made the transition for my mom an easy one. Everyone is also continuing to update and communicate with me during my mom's first 90 days.

Wonderful Place To Live!

We have been very pleased with Mallard Point. When we had concerns they listened and fixed the issue. Most of the staff have been very helpful. The apartment is wonderful and the food has been excellent. There are lots of activities and the other people living there have been friendly and encouraging. The meals are at a scheduled time but that is helpful to us. The view is very good and it is in a quiet residential area. It is wonderful to have one payment include everything.

The location is more reside...

The location is more residential and feels more like home. The apartment is spacious and bright & cheery. Pros include 3meals a day, housekeeping once a week, all inclusive one monthly bill. Negative include bus transportation 5 days a week not 7.

I was disappointed in the condition o...

I was disappointed in the condition of the guest room. I am considering their smallest room for myself so I will have a place to live when I'm in Cedar Falls.

Lots of events, good value $1500-3000.

Lots of events, good value $1500-3000.

Lots of events, good value $1500-300...

Lots of events, good value $1500-3000 Have to add some amenities

Conveniently situated near Waterloo and Cedar Falls, Mallard Point offers something for everyone. And we’re just minutes from shopping, golf and the Isle of Capri Casino. You’ll love coming home to Mallard Point, a place in the heart of it all.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind