Parker Place Reitrement Company - Parkersburg, IA

I was very disappointed with the care that my family member received. They promised a lot but definitely did not deliver. Staff were pleasant and respectful and the place was clean. But communication was extremely poor. It wasn't until I received a call from the hospital that I even found out that they had sent my family member to the hospital. When I called the next day, the nurse at Parker Place was not even aware of it. There is not enough supervision and staff are overwhelmed trying to care for everyone. My family member was in memory care but the personal care she was expected to receive was not consistent. I watched my loved one decline very quickly and yet the nurse would tell me she was doing wonderfully. Since transferring her to another facility, she has improved more than i thought was possible. I had high hopes when we first brought her to Parker Place but in the end, we left feeling like all they were really concerned about was making sure their rooms were full.

Kayle Neegaard

Firstly, thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback about the experience you had at our community. It is very much appreciated and we are taking your concerns very seriously. It is always our goal to provide resident-focused, compassionate care. Our entire management team has discussed your concerns and are making changes in our communication protocol to ensure this is an isolated incident. We appreciate you entrusting your loved one's care with us and hope that we are able to learn from your feedback to provide a better experience for future residents. We believe your comments have led us to solutions that would prevent others from feeling the way you and your family felt. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist. Thank you again.

This is my first choice.

This is my first choice. I think mom would be happy here. She is very difficult and very demanding, and I feel like Parker Place is the only place that seems equipped to handle her needs. Dad is having a hard time coming around though, so we will see if we can get this to work. I really like it here though.

Kayle Neegaard

We are happy to hear that you found the perfect fit at Parker Place. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. We appreciate your review!

Parker Place is a vibrant community that feels like home. We are the perfect place for active individuals who simply want a comfortable, secure and enjoyable place to live. For those residents who require more personalized care, our staff can assist you so that you can still be part of an active community without any of the worry. Our Health Care Coordinator will create an Individualized Service Plan to ensure that your specific needs and wishes are met. Our community is designed to encourage your maximum independence.

At Parker Place you live the way you want and you can live as independently as you choose. Our Life Enrichment Coordinator is here to host daily activities, even bring in live entertainment - there is always something going on just outside your door.

You do not sign a lease, we offer month-to-month rental, and there is no buy-in fee. Live your life free from the chores of maintaining a home, free from having to rely on family or friends for special care.

Parker Place - A Place that feels like Home!