Magnolia Domicile - Seattle, WA

Caring People with Compassion and Knowledge

We have had a very good experience with regards to the kind of care that [Removed] and her husband [Removed] have given to us last year when my wife broke her hip. The after care that was required took several weeks of wound care on a hematoma that was huge, and was in danger of getting infected if not treated right. They were able to slowly heal the wound by cleaning and changing dressings by visits 3 to 4 times a week for at 3months.
I would not hesitate to refer them to any of my friends or Senior Insurance clients regarding any Long Term Care, or Home Care, as I have been doing this in Magnolia , Ballard, Queen Anne, etc. for 49 years. Just thank God that Barb met [Removed] at our church, and became a good friend . [Removed].

Magnolia Domicile

My mother have been residents of Magnolia Domicile since early March, 2010. During the term of their stay, [Removed] and her marvelous staff have improved their health and welfare far beyond what we thought was possible. We children of the highly recommend Magnolia Domicile as an outstanding facility for optimum care of those who need it most.

My stepfather entered Magnolia Domicile as a brittle diabetic who had been hospitalized many times from his previous assisted living residence due to blood sugar levels that were constantly too high or too low.

Under [Removed] care, he has been stabilized to the point that he rarely needs insulin and has had no emergency issues in the six months he’s been at Magnolia Domicile. If you talk to my stepfather, he’ll complain about the dreary food and a limited menu. That menu and the controlled food intake is what has immensely improved his health – even if he doesn’t appreciate having to give up the Root Beer floats and Snickers bars that were allowed in his former assisted living residences. We don’t always like what’s good for us, but as family members trying to help with choices for our parents, doing the right thing instead of the popular thing is part of the difficult role we play. As a family member, I totally support the proper menu and applaud the Magnolia Domicile staff for their professionalism in always doing what’s right for the resident’s health – even when it’s not what’s easy.

My mother, age 93, has been rejuvenated by the professional, intelligent, and loving care of the Magnolia Domicile staff. [Removed] and her staff have been innovative and determined in their efforts to provide mother with the best possible environment for her to maximize her happiness in the last years of her life.

[Removed] and all her staff have shown again and again that they maintain the highest standards of medical services and ethics, while providing an incredibly loving and perfectly maintained environment.

I (and my three siblings) highly recommend Magnolia Domicile.

The best in Seattle

I don't believe those who wrote one star ratings ever had a loved one in this home. My father is a current resident and i cannot praise or recommend this faculty highly enough. My father had stayed in other local facilities with adequate care but i began noticing some neglect. He kept getting urinary tract infections and i wasn't informed of them in a timely manner and staff communication was poor.

One night whilein ER with my dad, i saw a social worker who provided me with the name of a placement agency. This agency recommend Magnolia Domicile so i went to visit. I moved dad there as soon as i could. It was just a few days later. The next morning i visited and was shocked at how cleanhe looked. I had become accustomed to stringy hair and dandruff on his shoulders. Not only that, but the food he was enjoying was fresh, nutritious and appealing. They have their own chef. At the previous home, the caregivers would throw together some spaghetti or something hasty. Dad's favorite foods are taken into account and served often. The food is also presented beautifully and is appetizing.

The facility is so clean and staff are so friendly and greet me by name. They truly care for the residents. I had become used to young girls texting on their phones and basically ignoring the residents. Here at Magnolia Domicile, caregivers sit with the residents and are constantly interacting with them.

Best of all, Lelia the owner, is a RN. She has amazed me by insisting on accompanying my dad to doctor appointments because she wants to learn first hand how to help him and review medications or new procedures. My dad was growing quite hard of hearing. [Removed] examined his ears and discovered built up wax which she flushed out and he can hear so much better. He looks10 to15 years younger since being under her care. I'm so impressed with her professional knowledge and her sweet personality. She and my dad loved to tease each other. Every family member who has visited dad has commented on the superior level of care he is receiving. I thank God that we were able to place dad here. He's going to be 98 in just a few weeks. With the outstanding care he receives, he could live to be 100. Magnolia Domicile is absolutely outstanding in every possible way.

I cannot believe the mean spirited lies that were stated on the one star reviews and i refuse to believe that any supposed loved one they are referring to was ever under care here. Notice how they do not reference an actual person or experience. Really? Food from the Goodwill? How low can you stoop to try to defame an honest, expert provider like [Removed]? I suspect it's lies from a disgruntled competitor who only realizes how wonderful this home is and how much their own facility lacks in comparison. Magnolia Domicile is the finest adult family in Seattle in my opinion and i would be happy at any time to provide a reference and speak the truth for this outstanding care facility.

Be Careful With These People

We did not have a good experience with this community. You really have to be careful with these people. The owner was very dis-honest, she kept half of my refund. They were ordering supplies for my mother with out my knowledge. They were not accommodating her diet, completely disregard it. There was one very good care giver. There is any activities offered. I was very disappointed in this community.

Not worth it!!! Expensive rent- but cheap supplies!!!!!

NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR YOUR RELATIVE! Foods are very limited! They served the same food to all clients even though their clients are diabetic- meaning no diet! The Provider is buying cheap supplies from cheap groceries like DOLLAR TREE and GOODWILL- but you are paying thousands every month. There's a lot of issues inside that home "BUGS" etc.

Bad Provider, Bad Care.........

Very limited food, supplies (cheap: diaper, skin lotion, soap,shampoo and others. Very bad provider!