Loving Arms Residential Care 1 - Norwalk, CA

It's an incredible set up,

It's an incredible set up, it's on a cul de sac near a freeway and you can't hear the freeway. There are only five or six people in the home, so organized activities are limited, but the staff does a good job offering social stimulation. He has improved in the time he has been there. The people are wonderfully nice. I'm jealous of the food most of the time, my father loves it, it looks really good. They are incredibly accommodating. We liked the size of this, it was just right for us, and someone else had let us know that they had a good experience. They seem to do a lot of physical therapy exercises. My parents doctor was also familiar with it, and wanted them to buy more houses. They are that good!

Arlin was amazing! Her know...

Arlin was amazing! Her knowledge of Demetia was extensive and the home was super clean but too small for my father who is still very strong and very active. It felt more confining than his current home. But we will definitely keep their information because it would be the best match if and when his dementia advances and he needs that type of home.

They Could Communicate Better With The Residents

They've got a list of things they're supposed to do everyday and they're not doing any activities with the patients. I think they need to communicate more with the residents. They're Filipino and the speak a lot of their own language to each other. I've spoken to them about that and it still goes on. The cook who is there 5 days a week is on vacation for a month to the Philipines and my husband did not know that. They don't seem to communicate with the residents as much as I'd like. They're living there so I think it's a courtesy to let them know what's going on.

The owners are friendly and very nice. They're there a lot and are very friendly with the residents. That's how I think the caregivers should be. The owner is an RN.

Loving Arms Residential Care is located in Norwalk, California. We have been in business since 1997. We offer boarding care and are licensed for seniors 60 and over. We offer a very experienced staff that have been trained in monitoring medications, certification for wound care and seniors who have dementia. Private rooms are offered and independence and dignity is what we strive for. We offer our seniors a comfortable living environment with many activities. Exercise and walking are done on a daily basis and of course, there is assistance available to those who are in need of it to accomplish these goals. We pride ourselves in our activities including participation in bingo, a numerous amount of games, dancing for people who are able, music, going to parks to feed the birds and ducks. We also celebrate birthdays and encourage all family members and friends to visit at their convenience. We offer transportation service for the seniors to visit their dentists, doctor's and shop for their needs. If needed, we have long term doctors for many years that will visit our facility as needed for seniors that require it. We are known combining our seniors with other adults who are compatible with each other. We also offer daily balanced meals that are cooked from scratch and our served in our spacious dining room. We focus on individual needs and socialization is encouraged at all times. Loving Arms Residential Care is a loving and caring environment. Residents will have their privacy and a community that will be enjoyable to your loved one.