Lighthouse Pointe - Chesapeake, VA

Nice staff and really liked the two bedroom with the amazing balcony but there is no stove in the kitchen, which is a big negative. It's set off the main road, which I like a lot.

Nice tour

We had a nice tour of the Lighthouse Pointe. The community is very beautiful and well-kept. The staff was friendly and helpful explaining what their community would provide for my loved one. We ended up choosing another community that was closer to our family so that we could visit more often.

Mom is comfortable here

Mom really likes living here. She enjoys the food and has started participating in some of the daily activities. The staff have been very nice and accommodating. The community is well kept inside and out. We like the wooded setting and I would recommend this community.

Pet friendly!!

I haven't been down there to see my friend, but she does call me and she is doing well. She misses me, and I am just happy that she safe. She is eating well it seems like this place a lot. What geared us to this place was the fact that they are pet-friendly, my friend would not go anywhere without her cats.

Budget Friendly

We choose this community because it works with our budget. I do feel that is one of the main things you have to consider is your budget. If money was to run out, we would have to take it upon our budget to make sure she is getting the care she needs. The community works well for the budget at the moment.

Mom Loved This Community

Unfortunately my mother has since passed, but she really did enjoy her time here at this community. I was comfortable with her move to this facility. I knew she was safe, and in good hands overall. This is a nice community.

I like it but just doesn't have the appeal of another nearby community. Also it is an older facility, but private (woods on three sides).

It was meant to be!

I used to collect lighthouses and I knew when I saw Light house Pointe that I was meant to be here. [Removed] has been amazing and answered all of my questions. She has even built a relationship with my sister. I am so happy here and things have been so positive!

Comfort for mom!

My mother is doing very well since her move into Lighthouse Pointe. The apartment that she is in is a good size, and everyone is friendly. She has mentioned that she doesn't like the food much, she said it is too salty.

Nice place!

We were greeted very nicely when we came here. The staff was great tous. We also saw the residents hanging out and doing things. The community was very nice and it was clean and we had no complaints.

The community here is outstanding. We found that staff to be very caring and attentive to his needs. The community is very clean. We like the value for the care that he is receiving. We are very please with the size of his room and it is worth the expense for his good care.

Everyone is kind, thoughtful, and understanding. All my questions were answered and more.

Great place with a great staff

Fantastic, friendly and extremely helpful staff! The facility is very nice with great amenities. The dining room is top-notch with excellent daily menu choices and the food is quite good. The apartments are very nice and the overall atmosphere is extremely tranquil. They have numerous daily activities that keep the residents busy if they so choose, and also offer the occasional day-trip to places or events outside of the immediate area.

good experience

We had a really good experience at Lighthouse Pointe. They been great. The managers and the staff are just great. They genuinely care about whats going on. The staff have been so accommodating and really helped us through a difficult situation. It's a nice facility. They are on top of the list if we need something permanent.

Nice facility. Great programs and activities for the people living there. Prices seem in line with other places with similar activities. I would recommend this place.

Love It!

Lighthouse Pointe has been great for Mom and her boyfriend. We moved them in 2 weeks ago, and no complaints yet. All of the staff is super friendly, and know the names of all the residents. This is a senior apartment community, but includes all meals in the community dining room and light housekeeping. They have thought of everything - lots of activities, a shuttle bus for shopping/banking/doctor appointments, a designated room for church services, library, internet café. The food is great, and lots of options. This falls between a regular apartment and assisted living. The cost is pretty steep, but is also between what an upscale apartment and assisted living places run in our area. The residents that I have talked to all like it - but of course, some people will always complain about something!

Love it!

I was impressed with Lighthouse Pointe the moment I walked in the front door. And my Mother and her 'boyfriend' are,too - so they will be moving in in a few weeks. I've taken them twice to visit and see the entertainment and have dinner. The food is great! Staff & residents are friendly. We are all excited about this new chapter in Mom's life. It's not cheap, but the cost and amenities are both between a regular apartment versus assisted living.

They were friendly from the get go!

They were friendly from the get go!

Lighthouse Pointe is where ...

Lighthouse Pointe is where you or anyone else would want to live - beautifully appointed,sparkling attention to detail and maintenance, great staff, fantastic food, caring management,activities and so much more! (I want to live there!!!)

It was a shock as to how much it cost...

It was a shock as to how much it cost, so that was kind of a learning process. This is more of a senior living facility so they don't really provide care, just 3 meals a day and housekeeping, so I think that's fine. I don't eat there, but at first he thought the food was wonderful, a five, but then it kind of wore off and got old, just like everything else.
They do have activities, he just doesn't do them. He's always been somewhat of a hermit, he socializes with his friends at mealtime but I think it's more of the woman who participate in the activities. He's always lived on his own, so this is his first time living in an apartment type place. He wants to do an in-law suite with us, he knows he can't live alone anymore, but I have to keep reminding him that he won't get 3 meals a day and no one will be home because we all work.

Loved the apartments! Very ...

Loved the apartments! Very nice employees and residents.A little out of the way, but the area is growing. Unfortunately, does not appear to be the type of progressive situation we are looking for though.

Lighthouse Pointe ( May 1, 2013)

From management, culinary, activity, and maintenance staff,
all are 5 star. The building is beautifully decorated,
immaculately clean, and a joy to enter.

The meals are superb,the staff could not be more
helpful or welcoming.

I specifically want to thank the managers for making
my mother's move to Lighthouse Pointe such a smooth
transition. Their personal touch and caring attention to
my mother made all the difference in the world.

I would love to live there myself.

Kaye Slinger Albin was accommodating ...

Kaye Slinger Albin was accommodating and knowledgeable about Lighthouse Pointe and what senior living necessitates. Lighthouse Pointe is lovely and gracious, providing every amenitity. The employees we met appeared happy in their work and attentive to the residents.

i think this is the place i like

i think this is the place i like

Located in the beautiful and historic town of Chesapeake, Lighthouse Pointe offers you quality and comfort along the Atlantic coast. We’re close to fine dining, wonderful shopping, excellent healthcare and many culturally rich and beautiful sites.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind