Langston Place - Clinton, SC

Langston Place - Clinton, SC has yet not published prices.

Beware!

BEWARE!!! When you consider an Assisted Living, make sure you check the financial status they are in such as bankruptcy or reconstructing the company! This staff was rude and stepped over the line into family business! They convinced my mother to revoke my Power of Attorney! The assessment they wrote to evaluate her level of care was wrong. This determines how much the resident pays per month. READ it carefully! Get a copy of EVERYTHING you sign. Please be careful..... I had a horrible time with these people! There is much more I could share.....

Second Experience

When my brother fell 2 years ago he spent a few weeks at Langston and recovered to the point that he returned to independent living. When his health declined again, Langston was the obvious choice. The entire staff is attentive to individual needs and the environment is very caring and compassionate. They always go above and beyond our expectations to be sure he is cared for.

[name removed]
My mom has been a resident of Langston Place for three years. The staff is friendly, patient, and compassionate to her and all the residents. The staff is always willing to help with every need that arises. The staff communicates well with the patient and caregivers. The chef is great and the food is wonderful. I could not have found a better place for my mom to live.

A Caring and Loving Place

My dad has been at Langston Place for 2 years, and we have been very pleased. The staff treats him like family, and communicates any issue immediately. The activities are fun and inviting. The chef is wonderful, and they have access to snacks all day. It is small and arranged in a square, so it is easy for the residents to navigate from their rooms to the other areas. I feel assured that he is well cared for. The staff is always professional and kind to every resident. They have patience and smiles for everyone. I am so happy to have found such a caring place for my dad to live.

My mother is a resident of Langston Place. She initially went there for a short visit and liked it so much that she decided to stay. The staff is wonderful and just like family. They are so caring and always willing to help. I couldn't have found a better place for my mother.

We Chose the Right Place for our Mom

It took my Mom a while to get adjusted to Assisted Living but she is much better satisfied here at Langston than when she was independently living at home.

The staff that [Name removed] has is caring and seem very willing to do what the residents need to keep them comfortable and happy.

The smaller environment seems to suite my Mom and we are very happy that she is there.

She has been at Langston for 1 year now and we are confident that we chose the right place for her.

2 day Respite

I was looking into a short 2-day respite stay when I did my tour here and the staff did a great job showing me around and answering all my questions. They do have a minimum of 7 to 30 days but I would definitely suggest checking this community out for yourself.

Looking Forward to My Move Here

I have not made the move into this community yet, but I'am looking forward to living here. It is a really nice community with kind people. They do a great job keeping everything nice, and clean. Every time I visit everything looks great. The staff is very kind, and helpful. I know this is a good place to live. I would recommend for anyone to go take a tour of the facility, it is a nice place.

Excited to move in!

I've been very satisfied with Langston Place so far. I haven't moved in yet but they have been very helpful. I've had several meals there already.I have a few friends from church who live here and I've even made some new friends.

Highly recommended

This is a great community for good care. The staff is very caring and helpful. The food is appealing. They offer activities to those wanting to keep active. I would recommend this community to other families.

Welcome home

Violet's move to Langston place was so smooth, thanks to Katie [removed]. Katie met us on a Sunday to show us the facility. The small size of the home, gas fireplace, and coffee at meals makes Langston Place much more like home.

The one bedroom is perfect with a small kitchenette. This will come in very handy when we visit Violet.

The halls, facilities, and dining area are kept very clean and I even saw the staff moving furniture around and vacuuming underneath the furniture.

So nice to have Violet in a place that takes pride in the facility and loves their residents. Awesome find.

It took my mom awhile to get adjusted but she likes it now. I do feel the rates are too high for the service. What bothers me is the very very low staff @ night. If there were to be a fire, I don't feel there's enough staff to assist the residents. If a fire happened at night, it will take longer to get residents up & moving. Must less out of the building. My mom just loves Debbie Ray & Jose Barksdale. They are the life of the organization.

The atmosphere is really good!

It's a small facility. There is only about 40 residents. That's what attracted my mom. Because its small they are available to have more on on on time. It's like a family there. The atmosphere is really good. The management there is doing a really good job. My mother is a picky eater, so it was great to hear her talk about how good the food is. She says that their meals are unbelievable. I am very pleased with this place.

The whole experience from the beginning to we actually moved mom in was smooth and easy. The entire staff is warm and inviting and easy to work with. If you need something they get right on it.. The community is beautiful and cozy!

Review of Langston Place in Clinton, SC

I like the size of the community. It makes it easier for my loved one to move around the facility without getting lost or confused. The staff is wonderful. They are very caring and patient with everyone living there. If I have any concerns they check into it right away. I could not have chosen a better place for my loved one.

Review of Langston Place in Clinton, SC

Good not very good. Supervisors are out training or other meetings too often. Aides do it all. Patients seem to be on their own too much. Debbie Ray is always available and brings life and smiles to ever resident.

Review of Langston Place - Clinton, SC

This facility employs a noncompassionate director, incompetent PSAs they will not replace, and aides who desire to medicate to shut up residents with dementia and/or anxiety in order to make their jobs easier. Third shift "camps out" in common area after 10:00pm. Meds are erroneously documented on MAR. Much neglect exists; staff communication is barely existent.

Mom is happy here!

They've done a great job so far, my loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here! She's got a big window with a great view, and loves to watch her bird feeder. The staff here are friendly and very accommodating, and will help with whatever you ask them to do (but you do have to ask!). The lady at the front desk always greets me with a smile when I come to visit.
What really matters is that Mom seems happy and content here, and if she is happy I am happy!

Langston Place - Clinton SC

Overall a very nice place with a friendly staff. My mother has been there since April 2014 and generally has positive comments. Her negative comments focus solely on the food and food quality. She says it is very bland, repetitive, and that the staff will not respond to resident complaints.

Langston Place is located in the charming town of Clinton, South Carolina, just east of the Presbyterian College. We are only two miles from Sumter National Forest, a popular picnic destination for residents and their families. While we are proud of our beautiful community and we are even more proud of our dedicated caring staff members, they are the heart and soul of our own community.

We focus on creating a balance between assistance and independence without compromising an individual’s dignity. We also realize that a person’s needs and abilities may change while they are with us and we will go the extra mile to assist with medication and other daily activities. We tailor activities to individual needs and interests and provide many opportunities for socialization:

•Tai Chi classes
•Individualized exercise classes
•Card and board games
•Arts and crafts
•Cooking classes
•Knitting classes
•Excursions to town for shopping, dining and entertainment
•Outdoor gardening area
•Comfortable lounge areas

Our graciously appointed apartments include modern amenities and safety features:
•Illuminated entryways
•Generous closet space
•Individual or double occupancy available
•Kitchenettes
•Carpeting throughout the apartment
•Individual mailbox for each apartment
•Smoke detectors and fire protection sprinkler system
•Apartments are cable and phone ready
•Housekeeping and laundry service