Lakewood & Arbors at Lakewood - Springfield, MO

Mother in Law is Well at This Community

We are comfortable with my mother in law move to this community. We know she is safe, and receiving good care. The community looks good, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. They have a nice staff, they have been caring, and kind. Everything is working out pretty well, and this is a community I would recommend

Thankful

This was not an easy decision to make. Not at all. We cared for my mother for a few years at home but wandering in the middle of the night started and it became a safety issue for my mother. Having toured several facilities in the Springfield Missouri area, both my sister and I agreed that the Arbors at Lakewood stood out among their peers. Since my mothers arrival, I can't express how reassured I am that we made the right choice. This provides me as much peace as this difficult decision can. If you have a loved one who suffers from Alzheimer's/Dementia I highly recommend this facility and their genuinely caring staff. From administration to activities and meals and their flexible "Best Friends" approach.

Not The Right Community For My Parents

The tour of the community led me to believe it would not have been a good fit for my parents. The style, the personality and atmosphere would not have been suitable for them. It was not going to work out for my parents, it could for another family.

This place is nice. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. It is located in a nice and convenient location.

Very Pleased With Them

The staff at the facility have just been very helpful. They went out of their way to make sure that my parents felt comfortable and have all of their needs met. They gave me all kinds of information and contacts that I would need. They have also been in contact with me if anything happens to my loved ones. I was pleased that everything worked out as smoothly as it did.

They did a great job here!

We were here while we were waiting for an opening at a community that was just a little closer and was just a little better fit for us. This is a really nice place, it's very clean, and we never got complaints about the food. We were very pleased with the care here. The people were so friendly and good to her, they coddled her. It made it really hard to go, once there was an opening. They did a great job here!

Friends at Lakewood

The Lakewood was a great interim place for my mom. She was on a waiting list at another facility and Lakewood came through after she left a skilled nursing facility. The staff was amazing at Lakewood. They were very professional, kind, attentive to my mom's needs. The residents became close friends of my mom telling all the stories of their lives. My mom needed a facility with more ammenities, outside activities and menu options. We still come back for visits to say hello to all our friends at Lakewood.

Amber Cox

Thank you for your kind words. We were so happy to have your mom with us for a short-time at Lakewood. I am glad she has found a community that offers a more independent living lifestyle. We’re here to help families make good decisions about senior living and find a community that’s a good fit. But please come back and visit with mom. We miss her and would love to have the opportunity to see her again!

They have been doing very well.

They have been doing very well. They are right on top of everything. The only thing is, they don't have the heat on enough at night, but they have someone working on it now. The staff is very friendly, and they make me feel like family. I have eaten the food and it is very good. I have had an issue with billing, but they are looking into that. I liked that this was already furnished very nicely.

Amber Cox

Thank you so much for your review. Please let us know if you have any other feedback. As always, if we don't know about it, we can't fix it! Thanks again!

Amber Cox, Administrator

The Very Finest Place For MY Mom

I am amazed of Arbors At Lakewood. Mom got a cough an they had her exrayed...an she had bronchitis, so they medicated her for that. When she wants something that is locked up...they are right on the spot to get it for her. She loves all her nurses an the cook..
When I want to take her out I can...
It is like one large family, an they even make me feel like I am part of it.
They bend over backwards for Mom's comfort an mine to...
Feel this IS the Very Best place for Mom since I can not be with her.

Lakewood is a great place. We couldn'...

Lakewood is a great place. We couldn't be happier. We thank everyone for everything they've done. Mom is settled in now and all is well.

Their Communication is Really Good

I didn't really know until we got there, but their communication is really good. I chose them because of their cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. I can't really think of anything that could be done better at this time.

We are using their day care program o...

We are using their day care program on an as needed basis. Si far we are thrilled with the care and concern shown by the staff.

When the demands of living in your home require more than you’re willing and able to give on your own, you’ll find a welcome home here at Lakewood.

Lakewood and The Arbors at Lakewood are located in Springfield off the James River Freeway and South Campbell near two hospitals. Lakewood is centrally located to serve the greater Springfield area and surrounding communities.

Lakewood offers an assisted living community and a new secured memory care community on the same campus. We are a community where Hometown Hospitality is the way of life. We pride ourselves in providing excellent care in an intimate setting by well trained caring staff; that allows our residents to thrive. Our personal assistants provide what you need when you need it. Our licensed nurse and certified medication aides get to know our residents like family – with all of their unique needs and preferences – it’s like home.

Dining is such a focal point of our residents’ day. It starts with an open breakfast – with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can’t start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite are part of our menu.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved to access private our public long-term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is priority one.