Lake Villa House - Metairie, LA

A great place for mom

The caring staff at Lake Villa House were excellent caregivers to her end of life. I wish I had known about personal care homes before I'd put mom in institutional care. But when I found Lake Villa House, it was as close to a home environment as my mom could get. The staff was caring and communicative and genuinely cared for my mother. If it was good enough for my mother, I'd recommend it to anyone else.

Happy Residents

My mother was only here for one day. There was only one caregiver on duty during the day, and because she is not mobile, she needed more attendants. I really appreciated that they called me and were honest about this. The people were very open and friendly and all the other residents seemed happy right when you walked in the door. My mom is currently on the waiting list for another community that is owned by the same woman.

There is an alternative to “nursing homes” and large “assisted living” facilities for your loved one!

Imagine a licensed assisted living facility in an ordinary-looking suburban home shared by only five or six residents! Small assisted living residences such as ours, now known in elder-care circles as “personal care homes,” offer a quantum leap in the individual attention and affection our residents receive, not to mention the emotional comfort they derive from a homelike setting, where friends gather around a single table for meals and gather in the den in their favorite chairs for television, snacks, music or conversation – all just a few steps from their personally furnished single or double bedrooms.

The Lake Villa Drive residence, perched upon a gentle rise, greets you with a giant oak tree shading the big stone driveway that guides you up to a flat parking spot, safe for discharging elderly passengers. Once dismounted, a stone walkway leads beside inset garden spots to the entrance.

Inside, the dining area opens into a spacious den, with our customary large television and personal recliners. The covered back porch, lined with wicker rockers, is soon to be bricked for additional height and added beauty.