Best Place Ever

My husband and I have lived here since 2011. This senior residential complex is a gem for those seniors living on a limited income. When we moved here, the manager was someone not very qualified for this position. It was a nice place to live, many had their own flower gardens, etc. The food was delicious. However, the manager failed to keep up with needed repairs and other necessities. When our new manager, Julie, arrived, she had the business expertise to find all the necessary funding and worked with our church sponsors and other experts to get the needed repairs done. There was noise, some inconvenience but definitely not what this other reviewer described. The lawns and landscaping are beautiful, residents are still allowed to have personal flowers and the staff is beyond helpful and warm. The buildings were all repaired and repainted, and KCV has a look of beautiful continuity instead of the hodgepodge look of the past. [Name removed] has turned KCV into beautiful park-like homes for all those who live here. All utilities are included in the rent, necessary repairs are made quickly. Transportation is available to local grocery stores, etc. Most residents are happy and friendly and gather quite often under the big trees in the summer and there is always something going on in the dining/get together area. There is a library, a grand piano and the best chef ever for your dining pleasure. Residents are allowed a certain number of free meals. We have all kinds of celebrations, meetings, playing cards, arts and crafts, etc. If we don't have it, you are more than welcome to start a group of your own. What I am trying to say is, I am completely baffled by the person who left that bad review. Some people are never happy, I guess. This is a fabulous place to live for seniors. You have your choice of being involved in activities or being by yourself. I have found everyone here friendly, giving and very helpful. You can't find better management. Newsletters are posted on your door often and we always know what is going on in our sweet community. [Name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed] are the absolute best. And the volunteers, omg, we have so many residents willing to give of their time for all of us. My husband and I love the fact that we live in a one level 2 bedroom apartment that has a massive front and back lawn. And the quiet. It's so quiet. We love living here. We'd love to have you as neighbors.

Pleasant Housing

This is a wonderful place that badly needed many upgrades and they were completed in a little more than a year. There is no way to complete all the work that was done without making noise and causing some inconveniences to residents,
I am sorry that we are no longer able to plant and water next to the foundation, but I understand the reasoning behind it, e.g. water damage to foundation, mold in crawl space, etc.
I've never been to prison but if this is what prisons look like maybe that explains why so many people go back.
I am very happy here, I appreciate all the recent upgrades, and I commend the new management for insuring that this facility will continue to provide seniors
with an outstanding housing option.

Used to be a PRIME senior residence, BUT times and KCV does to.

When I first moved into KCV there was a very pleasant atmosphere. Very homey with a lot of nice people and many activities. Over the 7 years of my residency this place and it's management created a wonderful place to live out my senior years.
The beautiful park like lawns that were faithfully mowed and edged weekly made a lovely "green" ambience. Also the many individual gardens that residents planted and nursed into a riot of summer color made KCV a charmingly positive retirement community.
KCV has been incredibly fortunate to have a superior former chef and brilliant creator of many types of bread, pastries and both savory and sweet dishes of all types. So many retirement facilities have terrible food. We have the
very best chef and we are lucky in this issue.
Two years ago everything began to go down hill. Because a few of the buildings had water problems in their basements and foundations. EVERY building had to have massive work done. Then all the buildings supposedly had bad roofs. Many needed new windows, furnaces, air conditioners, new toilets, new doorbells (door knockers),
new smoke and carbon dioxide monitors. WHEW!
I didn't knock the fact that many of the buildings and residences needed up keep and modernization. Most of the buildings were built in the late 1950's
My negative review stems from the new management and some ridiculous patterns and decisions that made no sense at all. Residents had little clue when major work was to be done on their building. Sometimes we would get a vague statement that gave equally vague dates for work on or in your apartment. Then out of the blue. with NO WARNING..... workers show up and begin to dig up the sidewalk with jack hammers! Other surprises included MANY loud noises coming up through the floors created by unknown men crawling through the basement with new furnaces or the VERY LOUD banging and thuds beginning without notice as half a dozen men storm the roof with new shingles!
Now........ I took many of these rude and absurd mistakes with a grain of salt. Management and/or construction companies doing the work just had problems with delivery of materials or getting enough "day" workers for a project. BUT........it went on for TWO YEARS! I realized that this kind of "mickey mouse" operation was standard practice with either new management of KCV, or the various construction companies.
The final straw for myself and many others was the destruction of the "Park" like atmosphere. For reasons that were jazzed up by the new management we were told that "all" the foundations were being "ruined" by the
lovely gardens created by the residents. SO.........LETS
JUST DIG UP ALL THE GARDENS AND BEAUTIFUL GRASS UP TO 8 FEET AWAY FROM THE BUILDINGS AND PUT MEDIUM SMALL RIVER ROCK AROUND EVERY SIDE OF EVERY BUILDING! Oh......management planted 2 year old various shrubs in the ROCKS! God, this place now resembles a PRISON yard! UGLY!!!!!

Here at KCV the rent is fairly low. They don't charge for utilities and that is great. BUT.......the new management just SUCKS!! If you like the new private prisons you will LOVE this place.

Shade trees lining the curved street, beautiful gardens and courtyards interspersed among thirty-one buildings on eight and a half acres of land in central Denver – add in a feeling of friendliness and caring and you know you're at Kentucky Circle Village. Original buildings built in 1959, near I-25 and Colorado Boulevard in central Denver, Kentucky Circle Village was developed by three church entities as a non-profit organization providing an opportunity for independent living for people over the age of sixty in a truly unique community.

Kentucky Circle Village provides 173 apartments, including one and two bedrooms or efficiency/studio apartments. Our village consists of two distinct areas: the Campus and the Courtyard. The Campus consists of one-story apartments that line the street; our newest addition called the Courtyard consists of two- and three-story buildings, some providing a view of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. The grounds, the Administration Building and a number of units are accessible for persons with disabilities.

Kentucky Circle Village's staff maintains the apartments and the grounds. Our laundry rooms and storage units are conveniently located. Daily dining room service is available. The monthly charges include utilities, water and one noon meal each week in our dining room. We serve a noon meal each day of the year except Christmas Day. Cable access is available at an additional charge. Prices are based upon single occupancy.

Kentucky Circle Village's active Residents' Council is responsible for organizing social activities. There is something for everyone! Invite your friends and family members join us for our Holiday Parties, Craft Sales and Pancake Suppers! You will feel right at home - and we welcome you to Kentucky Circle Village!