Kayd's Elderly Care Home - Howell, MI

This home is a blessing for the elderly.....the care is beyond excellent!!!

My Dad was in [Removed] for several years before I moved him to Kay D's. I would have moved him out of [Removed] long ago, but they permitted him to have his cat, so we were "stuck" there. The wait times were absolutely intolerable (2 hours one time), and every week when I went to see him, he had not been shaved. He was barely getting bathed once a week. The laundry was always just mixed up and thrown around. Room was dirty.

As my Dad deteriorated (and the cat died), I sought another solution for him, closer to me and one that would provide better, more personal care. I was blessed to find this in Kay D's. The difference in care was like night and day. Within 24 hours, he didn't look like the same person. They shave him everyday and comb his hair. (I wish I could post photos of him before and after.) They are right there all the time, and they can hear him wherever he is sitting -- either in the living room or in his room or the dining room. So there is no need for him to have to struggle with a "call" button, although they have whistles, if needed. The smaller, personalized facility was just what he long needed. AND THE PRICE WAS SEVERAL THOUSANDS LESS.

The owner of this business/elder care home lives across the street, and she is always popping in. She herself covers some of the shifts. She is energetic and very caring. This is not a job/business to her -- it's her life -- her nature. The food is healthy and homemade. They made all arrangements for all his medical needs. After years of his hearing deteriorating, they were bathing him and realized that he had a very abnormal buildup of wax. He had to go to the hospital (for another reason), and when the nurse cleaned his ear, she removed a ball of wax the size of a dime. She said she had never seen such a thing in all her career. They are on top of everything going on with him.

The home is like something you would see in a magazine. They have all the equipment and items necessary for top-quality care.

I can't say enough good about this place......

A very clean, pleasant smelling family-like home. The residents were all dressed and watching TV seated in recliners. The owner,[Removed], was very friendly and kind.

Problems at First, But Things are Working Out Now

It has been an adjustment process for my mother with her move to this care home. It is a nice home, but there my mother did have an accident the first two weeks there, and hurt herself very bad. The owner was concerned,and very willing to help fix the problem so it does not happen again. Everything now is going well, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. The staff is good, they keep me up to date on information about my mom. They are doing a good job now caring for my mother. This is a care home I would recommend.

Cute and small!

At the Kayd's home, there were only about 8 residents. It was a small group home and the place was very nice. I was there at meal time and the food looked very good, the residents seemed happy. The only thing I did not like was that it was small and there were not many places to go. I can't take my mother out when I visit so I wanted a place that was big enough to walk around. Other than that, this place was very nice!

My mother in law is 74 years old. The residents here were much older than her. I liked this because it was a home setting instead of a facility.

Great care in home residence with home cooking too!

Small efficient ,very clean,group home.Very friendly helpful staff that have worked in this home for many years. Our mother has just crossed the line with dementia and recognizes our faces but not our names. She has significant short term memory loss. She is happy with her new " friends". She is more active in this group home than home with family members. She was able to bring her own bedroom set and decorations to make it more familiar to her. We feel she is safe , happy , and well cared for. They even set her hair in rollers for visitors coming to see her to take her out. She is getting P.T. now and O. T. She seems happier.

Great care in home residence with home cooking too!

Small efficient group home. Very friendly helpful staff that have worked in this home for many years. Our mother has just crossed the line with dementia and recognizes our faces but not our names. She has significant short term memory loss. She is happy with her new " friends". She is more active in this group home than home with family members. She was able to bring her own bedroom set and decorations to make it more familiar to her. We feel she is safe , happy , and well cared for. They even set her hair in rollers for visitors coming to see her to take her out. She is getting P.T. now and O. T. She seems happier.

An intimate caring facility

After our mother lived 4+ years in a much larger assisted living facility, we decided to move her to a more intimate setting as she grew older. From our first visit to Kay D's, we liked the smaller facility (8 residents) and the genuine caring and concern of all of the staff. Unfortunately, our mother's medical issues impacted her health quickly and she passed only three weeks after moving in and did not get a real chance to appreciate the love and caring of this small "community".

Very nice place

We're very pleased with the service here, we've had no issues whatsoever! The caregivers are friendly and professional, and the home is clean and well kept. I have nothing but good things to say about them!

We really liked owner and how she run...

We really liked owner and how she runs her business but we felt the home was a little small for 8 residents.

Home for the elderly. Basic to Hospice Care. Five private rooms – 3 semi-private. Trained staff – 24 hour care. Music and crafts. Home style meals. Laundry. Home is in excellent location. Close to Hospital.