Ashley Court of Brighton - Brighton, MI

Loved [name removed]. Liked the whole experience. This was our very first experience looking into independent living. Shelly had very comforting words for us. Just what we needed. Also liked the fact that 18 like minded people would be sharing a home. The music in the dining felt upbeat. Loved hearing about the ladies (tenants) cooking blueberry muffins for others and loved the fact that tenants can garden if they choose.

Great Place, getting even better!

My mom has only been with Ashley for going on two months. She is not an easy person to get along with and I feel like the staff have gone above and beyond to help her adjust to her new setting. They have always taken the time to talk with me and help me know how to move forward with handling her. I do feel that Ashley Court is trying hard to become a 5 star facility in all the right ways. Thank you very much for all you have done.

The difference at Ashley Court is the warm and caring staff (many of whom have been with my Mom the 3 years of her stay). My Mom has Alzheimer's and requires a lot care. Even though dealing with this disease is very difficult, the staff does a good job not just going through the motions, but really trying to provide care in a warm and attentive way. The facility is bright, clean and welcoming.

Not the right fit

We had a nice tour of Ashley Court of Brighton. The staff was very friendly and the community was very clean and well-kept. It seemed like the residents needed more care than my mom would require and we were looking for a community that would fit more into our budget plan.

Needs improvement!

In the short time that my loved has been there, I have found that the staff turnover is ridiculous, and we could never find them. They also just replaced the director. My loved one has also lost several items during his stay. It also looks like the facility needs major remodeling.

Run far away

Please I beg you to find your loved on another facility. The staff and nurses here try very hard to take care of the residents but its impossible with [Removed] running the company. He cuts the staff to the bare minimum. Normally it is 2 people taking care of 20 residents, one being the med passer who is expected to pass meds correctly and than perform all ADLs on residents. Everyone is overworked and burnt out. The good staff stays for the residents but get belittled by owner and management. Residents are left unchanged all shift because there is no time to change briefs. Bed sores are happening more often, more falls with injuries, more infections going around. [Removed] is hiring people off streets who have never worked in healthcare and throwing them on floor with no training. Its a revolving door there with care givers, directors, human resources, nurses. [Removed] raises rent without notice and expects it the following month. Hes raised rent 3 times in the past year and does not provide proper care to residents. He does not care about the residents nor does he know their names. He lacks empathy and should have never been allowed to run a home that cares for people. Its a very very sad place to be and work. Community looks nice but your loved one will be neglected.

Can elderly parents flourish with proper care?

My father is a resident at Ashley Court of Brighton for the last 18 months. He is 90 years old and requires full care due to onset of dementia, loss of vision and ambulatory skills. I live nearby the facility and visit several times a week at various times of the day and evening.
I have always found the staff helpful and attentive to his needs. Further, I am amazed how he has actually flourished giving the daily challenges of his condition.
He is seen by medical personnel regularly and has his personal grooming taken care of by onsite staff.
Really eases the burden and worry of proper care and safety for aging parents.

Wonderful Facility for Alzheimer's Patients

Our Mom is in Ashley Court and truly considers this her home now. She is very happy and well taken care of. The staff are lovely, caring people and Sharon, the Administrator always available to the families. The care and concern for each resident is truly evident. Her room is always spotless, and she has her own sitting area and her own private bath.

The care has been wonderful - no one could ask for more for their loved one. Our Mom loved the place from the beginning, and even now, with her Alzheimer's advancing, she still proclaims she does NOT want to leave Ashley Court.

The meals for the residents are cooked right there - they are not brought in from a catering company. There is a lovely large living area, and a beautiful gazebo with flowers to enjoy the warm summer months. Our mom loves to go outside for a while in the sunshine. The grounds are beautifully kept and it is very peaceful and quiet.

We are so very grateful to Ashley Court and the Wonderful Staff that show such love and kindness.

Recommendation

When my father was unable to care for my mother, we searched the region for a reasonably-priced facility that met our needs and comfort level. Leaving her for care with strangers was not easy to do, but the staff and management Ashley [removed] quickly put our minds and hearts to rest. Their management of medications was miraculous. Care was superb! Someone from our family visited every day, so we were well aware of care levels. Other than some occasional problems with staff retention, we were relieved, pleased and comfortable with having her there. Working with manager (Sharon) was always a pleasure. My mother spent several years at Ashley Court and I can honestly say they fill a need hard to find in our area and do it well.

Please do your research.

Very poor run down facility. Residents seem very unhappy. Meals seem unhealthy. Staff seem stressed. Not a good experience. [removed]

A Pretty Good Job

They seemed to listen to whatever we said and made adjustments if needed. When anything was wrong they would call hospice and hospice would come in and take care of whatever the situation was. They did a pretty good job.

I'm real happy with what's going on here.

I'm real happy with what's going on here. It's not perfect but it's right next to it. The facility is very clean and well kept. There is never any messes or odors. The staff is very friendly, nice, and accommodating. They have just been very helpful. The value is pretty good for the services you receive. They do a good job at taking care of my loved one. They offer a variety of activities. This is a nice community.

Heaven sent in time of my need

Ashley Court was heaven-sent for both myself and my wife. My wife needed admission immediately. AC has a room available and the staff made her feel comfortable right away.This relieved my feelings of being overwhelmed and guilty.She was given excellent medical and psychiatric evaluations. Both physicians were available to me spending as much face time as I needed. Both were amenable to continuing her vitamin supplements along with her medications.I was glad how quickly my wife adjusted especially to the activities and residents. Staff willing to work with me about her strengths and following thru with my suggestions. I was allowed me to take home laundry of some of her delicate clothing and bring some of her favorite food. Another strong point was educating me how to relate to my wife about being there especially what to say when I visited and how to say goodbye after each visit.Very important! So thank you Ashely Court!

I wanted to say how wonderful my visi...

I wanted to say how wonderful my visit was with my mother this past week, I was able to sit with her during her lunch time as well as join in their activites they had going on, the quantity and the quality of the activites that have now are such a joy for the residents, I believe my mother is now participating a lot more in the activities as well as enjoying them, such great exercise for them and to see the smiles on all the faces and hear the laughter coming from the other residents while they enjoyed themselves was wonderful to witness. We feel this is a wonderful facility for our mother, thanks to all the staff for being so pleasant and caring with all the residents.

Caring Hearts

I've had my aunt at Ashley Court for many years and have nothing but wonderful things to say . Caring for her at home became such a challenge and when I found Ashley Court it was such a relief knowing she was in good hands. The staff truly care for the residents , I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a place for there loved one.

Thank God for facilities like Ashley Court

Placing a loved one in a setting outside of there own home is never easy. The time came for my mom to move out of her own home due to memory problems. Ashley Court was recommended to me by my church. The staff from the day I walked in were very helpful they all made my mom and I feel very welcome. No one ever wants to have to remove a loved one from there home. I was very concerned about how my mother with dementia would be in a strange setting. The staff took her under there wings as soon as we walked in the door. I was told by the admissions person that moving my mom would be harder on me then my mom. I have to say that was very true. My mother gets good care. And when I took her out for lunch the last time I asked her if she wanted to go to the mill pond after lunch. When she said no you can just take me back " home" I knew then I had made the right choice for her.

couldn't ask for better care

Couldent ask for a better place for my parents. My parents always feared going into a " home" when I found Ashley Court of Brighton it was a god sent. My parents became very frail and could no longer stay in there own home. Ashley Court of Brighto became there home away from home. The care my mom and dad received was wonderful ! The care staff were all so loving .and took care of every need with kind hands. The nurses never missed a trick. I was informed of all and any changes that went on. The community was always clean and never smelled like uriene. Everything and more that was told and sold to me on my very first information visit was delivered . If I had to do it all over again. I wouldn't change a thing. I would highly recommend Ashley Court of Brighton for anyone's loved one. Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Ashley Court.

A Wonderful Community For My Mom!

I just want to say that I couldn't be happier with the care that my mom is receiving at Ashley Court of Brighton. The staff are so caring and they are always going the "extra mile" to make sure she is well taken care of. The setting is really beautiful and the activities are so uplifting. We get so happy to see my mom smiling and moving around again. I am so glad that I choose to come in and take a look at this community.

I was really happy with my experience...

I was really happy with my experience visiting Ashley Court of Brighton. Sharon Clontz, the Admissions Director was really friendly and knowledgeable and the staff was very caring and attentive to the residents in the community. I am going to be placing my mother in Ashley Court of Brighton after such a positive experience visiting the facility.

RUN as fast as you can!

What a joke of a place for "adults" to live! During activities nursery rhymes are being played. These people are ADULTS people, they don't need to be listening to nursery rhymes. How about some 40's, 50's and 60's music instead! The activities are so unorganized and childish for the people living there to be playing. Let's play basketball using a Little Tikes basketball hoop or how about ring toss using shower curtains. Everything is so unorganized as far as activities goes and very cheap! There are no games being played to enhance memory skills. The staff is more interested in talking about their lives instead of leaving it at home while at work. The air conditioning NEVER works in the building. Most of the time there are fans in the hallways to try and cool off the building, but then the people living there are susceptible to tripping on the cords. If you are thinking about having a loved one live at this facility, I would think twice about it! The things PROMISED at admittance are NOT followed through once the person is living there. Very poorly run facility!

Ashley court was okay, they were better than the place we were before.

Ashley court was okay, they were better than the place we were before. They were good about communication, and calling if there was anything we needed to know about. They didn't have anything for activities, and our loved one was very bored. The activities they did have were hit or miss, it was not a very stimulating environment.

Good place for parents care

I would like to personally thank all your staff for the excellent care you gave our mother. We are very pleased with your facility and with her stay at Ashley Court, especially with your staff's patience.

Nice place and Caring staff

Our thanks for the care received by our dad. It has been a challenging time for us and the life changes that have occurred for our family. With your helpful caring staff in the personal care, our responsibility was lessened.

The background of knowledgeable support of all your staff, helped to lift our spirits as we ventured into every visit. Seeing the continued well-being and dignity held for every individual living at Ashley Court, holds the highest recommendation in all aspects. From warmth of comfort, the concern for nourishment of food and mind, through the entertainment and special occasions recognized, attribute to a healthier quality of life.

Prvt rm=$4850, semi=$4350 a...

Prvt rm=$4850, semi=$4350 all services included. Incontinence supplies NOT supplied. Specializes in memory/high cognitive care (John's case). This must be an affiliate of Courtyard because everything was the same as the Farmington location. Although I do not like the building, the location is ideal. It still presents as slightly depressing. Sharon's email etiquette is lacking in business professionalism.

Calming Community

It's not inexpensive! But, the buildings are there for aging in place. The garden in front is so calming and according to the state they are licensed!
It's relaxing and the rooms I saw both times were very clean! Matter of fact the whole community was extremely clean.
Staff was sweet and I was surprised how they knew every resident by name as we walked around.
My thought was how nice this would be instead of a nursing home!
I have seen many places. This was a top 1 for me.

THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

Please do not send your loved ones here it is absolutely the worst place on earth. This is what gives nursing homes a bad name. The staff is not licensed, the place is filthy, physical therapy? yea right the place is a joke, your loved one will remain crippled their whole life. They do not take care of their residents they are simply just milking money from all of you uninformed people. Please please please do your research and look elsewhere. All the good reviews are most likely from the management. Even the staff members look unhappy.

We are a specialty care community, specializing in Alzheimer's, dementia care and the alert but frail senior. We offer 4 secured buildings and house 80 residents, each building can accommodate 20 residents. Ashley Court provides a continuum of care an accommodates all stages of dementia/Alzheimer's. And provides a safe and secure environment to the alert but frail senior at an all inclusive rate. Ashley Court is very proud to service Livingston county and neighboring cities for the past 14 years. Licensed with the State of Michigan and approved by most long term care insurance providers. Our homelike setting is surrounded by beautiful gardens and courtyards, with a stunning view of Mt. Brighton.