JP Senior Homes - Wilkes - Laguna Hills, CA

I need clarification!!

I am hoping [Name removed] reads this review as she has not returned my 2 phone calls to her. My mother in law passed this week 6/12/18 in JP Senior homes under their care. I was very happy with her care till the last few weeks. This is a very difficult time for the family and I was lucky her hospice care was under VITAS Healthcare. My special thanks to her nurse [Name removed] and [Name removed] for providing her exceptional care. Upon her death my mother in law was transported to the wrong mortuary. It was also brought to my attention they were unable to find her paperwork which stated where she was to be sent and they also couldn't find her Health Care Directive which gave me the ability to make her decision on cremation. I would think it is common sense that I gave these papers to [Name removed] JP Senior Homes and that it was their responsibility to know where they were. My mother in law was there over 4 years so to say they never had this information says a lot about them. This caused me a lot of added grief as I was trying to find out what had happened to the papers and also how my mother in law was sent to the wrong mortuary. All this was suppose to be in their files. [Name removed] showed me disrespect by not returning my 2 phone calls as I tried to understand how this could have happened. I'm still waiting and will pursue this with or without her assistance!!!!

Lucky to find this!

My brother and I were worried that our mother (87 yo with dementia) would really struggle moving into a care facility. She had previously expressed concern over the past few years that she would be made to move from her home.

When she finally had to be moved, we feel lucky that we found this place after looking at several alternatives, all of them with seemingly unlimited add-on costs. Our mother was immediately happy to be there and felt that she was being cared for in the best way.

We chose this place for Mom because o...

We chose this place for Mom because of the Japanese component and because it was an emergency--never had time to make a tour. Have been pleased with the caregivers and what they have accomplished with Mom. She is in a safe place with good people, but is high energy and doesn't get enough stimulation.

They have a total of five homes in Mi...

They have a total of five homes in Mission Viejo (1) and Laguna Hills (4) area. Owned and operated by Japanese lady. Care givers are Japanese and Phillipino. They accept Alzheimer patients. no RN on site but they have it on call. 20 years in business They have a caregiver who works at the Woolwich facility. She is from Saudi Arabia however she speaks Arabic, Engligh and Farsi/ Persian! Need to verify. Used to work in Middle East. Does not have a Skilled Nursing Facility. Rresidential Care facilities in Orange County are not Medical approved. Skilled nursing Facilities are.

Lakeview Homes #1 offers personalized service and a home-like atmosphere to fit all individual needs. Committed to maintaining the residents highest level of functioning. Centrally located, close to hospitals, senior center, shopping mall, movie theatres and churches.

Owner on premises daily. Serving Orange County since 1990.