Sonata Vero Beach - Vero Beach, FL

My dad is Thriving

My dad is thriving here and getting the support he needed.

Settled In Nicely

My father has settled into this community very well, and I'am comfortable with his move here. Everybody has been very kind, and friendly. The staff is helpful when needed, and I know he is in good hands. When I go to visit the community, and his room are well maintained. They provide good meals, and have activities available for the residents when they are ready to participate. Everything has worked out well for us in this community, and I would definitely recommend it to my family, and friends.

Very Nice Community

I had a good tour of this community. The community looked beautiful. Everything was very well maintained. The staff was very nice, and friendly. The experience was a good one. Everyone was kind to my family, and I.

Awesome People!!

Everyone was really friendly that i met along the tour that i took of the community. It was a pet friendly place. Some of the activities that were offered were cooking, trivia, and art classes. They had special diet meals for the residents that way it met their needs. The meals they offered are healthy. I saw that the community was spotless and everything was in place.

New Resident Admission process Rough

Director of Sales and marketing, needs to be more familiar with her job and facility. The initial process of arranging for my Father to be admitted, was not clear and had various problems. She was off property when I needed her direction and advice the most, and would not return an important call till after she was back, 3 days. Promised mobile pendant communication, in house, but found out later it was not available. Fair to poor follow-up in the new resident process, after deposit and rent was paid. Accommodations and food are fair to good, according to my Father.

I won't say everything was rosy but it was an okay experience

When my parents made the transition from being at home to an assisted living community we made the decision to go with Horizon Bay but quickly had a change of heart. it had nothing to do with the community itself but the location. We wanted Mom and Dad to be closer to us kids so we'll be moving them. The time at Horizon bay has been good. The staff are nice and friendly although they did not encourage them to participate in activities so most of the time Mom misses out. Other than that things went well.

Nice looking place

Friendly, helpful staff

We're very pleased with our experience with Horizon Bay! They were very helpful during the touring process, and really helped the transition go smoothly. The staff here is friendly and helpful, and the facility is clean and well kept. They've got a lot to offer the people who live here!

Slow getting the ball rolling with my Dad's care, but better now

They have got some new staffing there. There are a lot of changes. I just felt that they should have had a checklist of everything they should have asked my father to get things started within the first week or two. I feel like my Dad fell between the cracks because they did not do his laundry and the doctor did not come to see him for awhile. There should be a better way to make sure my Dad's needs were met. It took awhile, but things seem to be better now and once I talked to the director, he followed through and make sure my Dad's needs were met.

The food is somewhat bland. We realize they are trying to cater to a large group with varying diets and they do provide spice alternatives but wish there were some items with some flavor.
Other than that everyone is nice, attentive and always supportive without being pushy or aggressive.

A Beautiful Atmosphere

The Horizon Bay Vero Beach is a wonderful place. This community has a beautiful atmosphere. The people are very friendly. This community is a 5 star facility. It is very well kept. The value is great. The care givers do a wonderful job of taking care of the residents. They also have a variety of activities. The Horizon Bay Vero Beach has been a positive experience for my mother and I. She is very happy here.

Very pleased

A place for mom was a great help, I wasn't sure were or even how to look for a place for my mom and dad. I looked a several places and in the long run felt that this was the best fit. It met all our needs. Clean, great staff, all the service they needed.

Wonderful place!

They do a fantastic job here! They've helped my loved one in so many ways! The care they offer is great, and they've helped him make friends and be more social! And the food here is very good, which is a very nice change from some of the places he has stayed! I like that they have very generous windows for each meal time, and that a few snacks and staple foods are available at all times.
The staff here are all very friendly and caring. The aide staff do a great job looking after the residents, and even the administrative staff obviously genuinely care about the people that live there.
We've had experience with quite a few communities, and this is the first place that felt like he was going home. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking into care in the area!

Great, but Larger

It's great, but a larger facility, and we thought that she would get lost since she's legally blind. Other than that, we loved it, wonderful people and wonderful facility!

“We have a very welcoming community and our residents are happy and engaged. Our ambassadors encourage new residents to feel comfortable and help them meet their neighbors. ’’ Sonata Vero Beach is just minutes from downtown off of route 60 (20th Street) and east of 27th Avenue. We are minutes from Indian River Medical Center, shopping, the beach, and many public parks. We are convenient to many local businesses, yet are set in an intimate, residential neighborhood. The tree-lined neighborhood is a great place to walk, as is the path along a scenic, serene pond surrounded by villas.

Our spacious villas can’t be beat. They include private screened lanais, a garage and two full baths, one with a walk-in shower and seat for safety. The interior features a full kitchen with dishwasher, living room with a fireplace and a laundry room with a full-size washer and dryer. Our apartments range from studios to two-bedroom options, all with walk-in showers, emergency call system, oversized bathrooms and plenty of natural light.

Our community was built for comfort and convenience. The main building has a large activity room that has access to the screened-in lanai where residents enjoy barbecues and dining outside without having to worry about the weather. The roof of the lanai even has a skylight! Our billiards room and resident-run library are popular spots to hang out with friends, and our activity room offers plenty of room for classes or to watch the big game on our big-screen TV. We even have a heated outdoor pool.

Residents love the fact that a physical therapist conducts the morning exercise class three times a week! Our popular dining programs offer delicious, restaurant-style dining whenever you want. They love having the flexibility to dine when they wish and to sit and visit for as long as they like.