No Quality or Diginity of Care

Does not EVEN deserve an ONE-star rating. This is the absolute worst place ever for memory care. The pictures posted of the facility are the ones that concern Assisted Living and NOT the memory Care in the Back of the place. Horrible staff turnover and understaffed as well. The patients are not changed (diapers) as they should be or bathed properly or as often as they should. You would be lucky if they were bathed once a week. I complained to [Name removed] the so-called director with compassion and Queen of Quality Care (NOT). She doesn't care about anything except the Money. When I addressed an issue about my mother having an over-all "Smell" (not being bathed), she informed me it was a "Death Smell." Even though she lived a few more years. She was in this facility for almost 8 years. How sensitive and caring! My mother couldn't even get up out of a chair one day, and that was not like her and she winched with pain. She had a Yeast infection so badly under her breasts that were gooey and bleeding and horribly infected. She couldn't even get out of that chair she was in so much pain. On many occasions I would pop up from out of town and she couldn't be found by the staff on duty (maybe one or two in that unit) and then she would be found outside by herself in hot humid weather and she would be sweating profusely. She died a horrible death from there to Hospice. The food was horrible and was not nutritious. The food could not be physically eaten because some of it was served without being cut up and serving those patients such things as Doritos, Cheetos, and other chips with a pimento cheese sandwich that was so dry it crumbled in the hands and a minimal portion of pimento cheese. Popped in on a Sunday one time and she was served a bowl of chili with at least a 1/4 inch of grease above the chili where the beans were raw and hard. Residents in there the majority have dentures and don't wear them and they can't eat some of the meals in there but try anyway because they are so hungry. I could not take her out of this place because my sister had guardianship and basically took over my Mom's own house and My Mom never was even allowed to visit even though about 2 miles away. I reported her lack of care to ombudsman many times. Nothing was done. They would make a trip to see what was going on and it was if Fairhaven was advised ahead of time. Drinks in a machine would all of a sudden be put out in the dining room even though patients with memory disorders do not know how to operate them. My Mom was always dehydrated....She died of dehydration and mal-nutrition which I know is an issue with the end of Alzheimers Disease. But this was aided by the treatment or lack of treatment she had. My sister loved this facility because it was cheap and she could look the other way and not worry about her care and [Name removed] feed into her "Lack of Guilt" and emphasized how well our Mother was being "Looked after." I made many friends with some of the patients there. I worried about them as well. I helped feed them whenever I could. The normal staff in there is not allowed to help feed them. The ones that do get help with the feeding of them are paid for by extra caregiving help provided by family members. My mother had the funds in her estate to pay for an RN 24/7 while in this horrible place but my sister did not want to do so for she lived in my Mother's house. If you think that I am the only one go to the Legal Websites and look at Lawsuits filed by family members of some of these residents. They changed names also because of Legal Issues. Bankruptcy maybe? I am currently a Pre-Law student and the reason I chose this Major was that of my Mother, the Facility and the Laws in Georgia that need new regulations for people with Alzheimer's and the Caregiving regulations in Georgia. It is too late to file a lawsuit as my mother died more than 2 years ago. I swear one day I will make a difference! These are precious people and deserve only the best of quality care and I will keep voicing out and Speaking up for the vulnerable! [Name removed] v. Fairhaven Assisted Living of Georgia

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things had went for myself during my tour of this community for possible living arrangements. The staff where on time to my appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and all of the great amenities they had available for the residents. It was just not the right location for me in the end decision.

Father is Well

My father is doing fine with his move to this community. I'am comfortable with his move here. I know he is safe, and in good hands. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. They have a good staff, they are attentive, and helpful. Everything is working out well for us in this community.

Home away from home

Wonderful place, great staff! Very caring and helpful.

What a gem!

My sister and I visited a dear friend of ours today at Homelife on Glynco. What a beautiful facility. Many years ago our mother was here. The renovations are great. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. We spoke with the administrator and told her that our mom was here and that we are so pleased that the facility is still here and doing so well. We even took her card and brochures to have to give out to our friends. You should stop by and visit, this just might be the place for your loved one!

For the money, this facilityy is outstanding and is equal to or better than facilities that charge $5500/month

The facilities are outstanding, even if there are only 10 bedrooms for Alzheimer/Memory Care residents. The monthly fee is only $3500. The food has been excellent. I have found only two problems and they are very minor. 1, The ice cream sandwich desert was placed on the dinner table along with the food plate. The ice cream was extremely soft when it came time to eat it. 2. One day a care giver told a resident they could not lay down on one of the sofas in the living room. The next day another resident was laying down and sleeping on a sofa in the living room and the same care giver said nothing. When we first moved my wife into the facility, I was told that all medicines had to be in possession of a local pharmacy which would repackage each medicine in a individual packet for daily consumption. The fee for this service was $25.00/month. A check with a state agency said this was not a reqjirement. Further, over the counter vitamins in bottles that did not have a pharmacy label had to be repackaged by the chosen facility pharmacy. I have not been charged for this service after one month's residence. I highly recommmend this facility.

We had a hard decision to make, mom's doctor told us she could no longer stay home by herself. In home care is so very expensive, so we began our search for assisted living. We had no idea what to look for or what questions to ask. The first facility we visited was Homelife on Glynco. We were shown around by the administrator. As we looked around the facility we were introduced to every person working, they all spoke and had a smile on their face. As we were wrapping up our visit we were taken back to the front office, we were given the chance to ask any questions that we may have, and of course couldn't think of one. I still remember the last thing that Kim said to me, she told me to tour other facilities in the area and she gave me the best information of the whole visit, walk in for a tour at a facility and you will see the true every day operation. So I thought to myself why would this lady tell me to look elsewhere. But that was the best suggestion. We went to several other facilities and they would not even talk to us without an appointment. One in particular would not even let us walk around in the facility to look. So about a week later we moved our mom in and could not be happier! Best decision we ever made oh and did I mention we walked in no appointment during lunch and was taken right in, not treated as if we were a bother.

This is it!

We looked and looked for my mother, from south Ga to north Fl. My husband found this facility and gave the Director a call, she was very pleasant and informative over the phone. She invited us to a lunch and a tour. We went over a weekend and was toured by the community relations director, she was informative and seemed to care unfortunately we were unable to stay for lunch. We narrowed our search to Homelife and one in Jacksonville. Our decision was based on the genuineness of Kim and Mandy. They endured many phone calls from myself and my husband. Move in day finally arrived, I was a basket case. My husband went to the room with my mom and Mandy and I stayed in the office with Kim both were very reassuring to me and that is what I needed. We made the best decision by choosing Homelife, my mom has settled nicely and she loves the care staff. If you need a place for your loved one this is it!

We finally found the right one

Toured this facility a couple of time now. Meet with the Marketing Director and the administrator, both we very professional and accommodating. I toured myself then brought my family for a tour and lunch. Food is excellent. We have had our loved one in a facility in another state and the food was awful.
I have toured facilities here in Brunswick as well as out of state. This is by far our favorite.We are planning to move in real soon.

This a beautiful facility with a staff that genuinely cares about their residents.

Could be Better!

Beautiful place but lacks warmth from staff, which is very important to me as I consider this place for a loved one.

Moving in

Meet with the local director and the corporate director. My entire family walked in unannounced and they took us right in. Both seemed to care about the situation my family was in. We ate lunch which was very good. We will be moving in as soon as we get all of the details in order. Our mother has been home by herself and that no longer works. We have tried sitters that is too expensive. I you are looking for folks that will take the time to talk, or mainly listen I do not think you will go wrong here.

STAY AWAY

very unprofessional approach to sensitive FAMILY matters, by self proclaimed "professionals" . Owner/Director is quick to make judgements and criticisms on personal decisions made by the responsible parties for their loved ones when she has NO concept of her clients family dynamics, history, etc. If being judged for your decision making on an already excruciatingly unpleasant situation does not bother you or keep you up at night, then this place may be for you. If that is not the case, my recommendation is to STAY AWAY. This review is based on my own personal experience with this facility, and is in no way an attack against the staff.

The executive director Kim Sisk is ve...

The executive director [Removed] is very unprofessional to and around the staff. She's known to say things that are very unprofessional as a supervisor to her employees. She very uncaring and uncompassionate to her staff. She gives the facility a very bad rep even some family members have complained of her attitude towards them. As long as she's there this business will never thrive as a good facility.

The Executive Director Kim Sisk is ve...

The Executive Director [Removed] is very unprofessional to and around her staff. She uses language and says things that should not come from any supervisor to their employees.

We are real happy!

This is a very nice place! I like the people that are here because they are very attentive. I also like that the nurse's station overlooks the living area for the residents. The staff all seem perfectly comfortable with my loved one's level of care, and they can also administer insulin shots in the memory care wing. This place isn't as swanky as the others, but it's a lot cheaper! The director is an RN, so she has lots of experience with memory care patients. Overall, we are real happy!

Mom's New Home

It's great to find a place that happens to be the BEST value for private pay care in Glynn County. We've found that the staff really care about the individuals that call HomeLife on Glynco their home. The food is always good and the nursing/cna staff very polite. When the number of residents improve, I'm sure the activities will as well. That's really the only thing I could find that we didn't like. We are very pleased in choosing this facility for Mom and she seems very happy there. From what we understand, the new flooring, landscaping and other improvements are just a start for the new owners. We encourage anyone looking to place a loved one in private care, to at least visit HomeLife on Glynco and see for yourself.

Staffing

The below addresses staff turn over I do not agree.....my mom has been here for many years and I see the same faces, and they care which is a big deal to me and my family. I have never asked a caregiver or a nurse to help my mom and was refused nor neither was I put off! Plus they have nurses giving medications not techs which is also a plus to us. You can not go wrong by bringing your loved one here.

hate it

I would Never recommend this facility to anyone. The turnover of staff is ridiculous there's not enough staff to accomodate the residents to provide the best care to your loved ones. For the prices you would expect better.

Love it

My loved one has been at this facility for several years now. Staff is always pleasant, interaction with the residents is good on my visits. Now don't get me wrong there are times I complain and when I do it is addressed immediately. I even met the new owner, nice but a little shy. When we moved in it was under Fairhaven, the local owner passed away sometime in the summer last year. We did receive a letter saying that it was closing and we had to move our family. From my families point of view Homelife saved the home of fairhaven residents and the workers jobs. We also received a letter in October regarding the buy out. My family does not feel that Homelife owes us money as we too paid first and last months rent. But to say the new owners and staff owe you the money is a stretch. Just happy my mom could stay home. Ultimately the care of the resident is my concern and they do a top notch job. Sorry but that is my rant and point of view!

Lost $3500.00

I moved my mother into Fairhaven 18 months ago. I was required to pay the first and last months rent up front. They sold a couple of months ago giving me no notice to HomeLife of Glynco.I was just informed that the last months rent wasn't part of the agreement and half of the $7,472.58 is no longer available. The same management that run Fairhaven is now running HomeLife of Glynco , you can decide how well they look after their customers.

The moment you walk through our doors you notice the welcoming atmosphere, our caring staff, and the friendliness of those who live here. You will find company when you seek it and privacy when you need it. We want our residents to remain as active as possible, and get more out of life while here at HomeLife on Glynco. When you need a helping hand, we offer quality care through an experienced, compassionate team of professionals.