Magnolia Manor of St. Simons - Saint Simons Island, GA

I am very Happy with Magnolia Manor & it's Staff

My Mother lives at Magnolia Manor St. Simons Island and I am very happy with her care there. All my interaction with the nursing staff and the support staff has been very positive. They take very good care of Mom and I feel that all her needs are met. She is happy when I see her so I know she's well taken care of. I pop in at odd hours and I've never seen anything that I was concerned about.

Cheryl Kennedy

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive review.

Magnolia Manor Management

Enjoyable Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for myself since I have recently made the move into this community. The staff have been very accommodating to my needs and I have gotten settled in my apartment just fine. I have noticed a big improvement in my health since I have moved here and how much more energy I have throughout my days. The staff makes sure to take us to the grocery store as well as any doctor appointments that we have set. Overall I could not have picked a better living environment for my self and would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Help does not know how to handle open heart patients. Absolutely no training. A good place for someone you cannot handle and [Removed]

Older, well established graduated living. Nice setting and grounds. Rooms in assisted living very homey. Visited with one resident who is very happy there. Staff and residents friendly and welcoming.

Deplorable

Employees were inexcusable, incompetent, unprofessional and [Removed]. Disgraceful and disgusting treatment of senior citizens. They[Removed] patients with taking them to[Removed] if they do not obey orders. They don't feed patients or give them medication on time. They dismiss complaints and accuse patients and their families of lying when there is an issue. The list goes on and on...

I would recommend this community!!

Dad started out in catered living and is now in the assisted living at Magnolia. The staff are very personable and meet all his needs. I think the food is delicious and he has gained a little weight. The community is clean and they offer lots of things to do.

very good

My mother has enjoyed being at the cottage as in all cases everyday activity's can have it's up and down's, but the over all care is very good.

Great home for your mom or dad or grandparent

I rated activities as fair because I'm unaware of them, but this campus/living facility is awesome. I love the people, the service, the kindness and the residents.

Great Move In Experience

It has been a great move in experience. The helpfulness and friendliness is much appreciated.

Very Satisfied

I have already recommended Magnolia Manor several times to friends and family members.

Everything is going well and my mothe...

Everything is going well and my mother in law is very pleased to be there. Although it's only been two months, things seem to be going very good.

Do NOT Take Things At Face Value

The facility at Magnolia Manor is lovely, however the staff seems to be more in the mindset that they are strictly a retirement community. When we took my father to live there, none of us were certain how he would do. It took some time to get him settled in, but we then realized he needed more care than just what the "retirement community" was offering. (Keep in mind one reason we selected Magnolia Manor was they assured us dad could "age in place". As his needs changed, they could handle them) This was NOT the case. At their suggestion we did move dad to their second level of care. Again we were assured their professional staff could and would work with us and dad. That did NOT happen!! The staff was often reading the paper and when I would ask anything of them they made it clear I had interrupted them. If we had wanted babysitters, we would have hired babysitters. We were paying for professionals. Quickly moved dad AGAIN!! Poor guy! He is now at a competitor and doing much better! The difference in the staff attitude and training was amazing! If we had only known! We could have saved ourselves and dad a lot of frustration and grief!

Welcome Home

Mom adjusted to her new living environment within the first couple of weeks. Other residents watched out for her and helped her get into the new routine. She feels safe and comfortable in her new apartment and likes having someone wach out for her around the clock.

My review of Magnollia Manor of St. Simons Island, Georgia

My husband and I went to Magnolia Manor in August of this year, looking for a place for my mom. We spent two hours touring the campus and talking to staff and other residents. We were shown several rooms in the catered living building, as well as apartments for independent living. Also, we visited the assistant living quarters. This is a wonderful campus with friendly, helpful staff who answered all our questions. We talked to other residents (one who has been here for 7 years) and heard their views of this retirement community. All feedback was very positive. I, also, felt a warm overall impression of the facility.

With scenic St. Simons Island, Georgia as a backgrop of natural beauty, Magnoia Manor offers a continuum of care for many who make our campus their "home". "Home" is a nurturing environment where a resident's needs are met by a loving staff you will come to know as family.

For independent residents, villa apartments offer a maintenance-free lifestyle. If you prefer a move pampered lifestyle perhaps our Catered Living is for you.

As the aging process continues, we offer assisted iving care to meet your changing needs. When skilled nursing care, memory care or rehabilitative therapy is needed, Magnoia Manor also provides these services.