Home Careolina - Davidson, NC

Home Careolina - Davidson, NC has yet not published prices.

They took care of my grandmother before she passed away. They answered my questions and concerns immediately during my phone call then the nurse called me back within an hour to set up an assessment the very next day! They had such lovely caregivers and would even have them on very short notice when my grandmother needed someone to stay with her overnight. They always treated her like family. I am so grateful for this company!

My 87 year old mother was not doing well in a nursing home and wanted nothing but to go home. We met with a woman from Home Careolina at the nursing home and she was very encouraging, gave helpful information and assured us her employees gave the highest level of care - often becoming quite close to the patients. We gave her a $3000 deposit to begin services. To make a long story short there was one employee who seemed caring and competent. As I live out of town I had family members drop in unexpectedly. Once a worker was fast asleep on the sofa. Another time another worker was on the phone (a personal call) ignoring my mother who was in the bed calling out. My 90 year old stepfather couldn't get in the bed because the sheets were put on sideways; the clothes hamper, washer and dryer were all filled with unfinished laundry and the worker was relaxing on the sofa. We were told they would help prepare meals but that was never done. We were told they could drive them to the doctor but when my mom needed to go, the caregiver said she didn't drive. That may all seem petty but when my mom got worse she had to be taken to the hospital. When examined, the doctor found extensive bruising on her stomach and back; said her private area looked as though she had been sitting in urine for a long time and there were several skin tears. (we took photographs of all her injuries) There was a belt she was supposed to wear when lifted from her chair. My relative was there when the caregiver 'helped' my mom from her chair. My relative asked about the belt but was assured by the caregiver it wasn't necessary as she directed my mother to just hold on to her shoulders and pull. This probably accounted for many of the injuries. They have a notebook where each worker is supposed to chronicle their day. One wrote that when she arrived for her shift, the house was dirty, dirty dishes were in the sink and dirty sheets with feces were piled in the hamper. My mom may not have been a prize patient but she had been diagnosed with dimensia. I had been assured by the woman we contracted with that her caregivers were very experienced and could handle all situations. It was so far from the truth.

Home Careolina - they truly care

Home Careolina helped me last year taking care of my mother in her last days. They are good hearted people doing a difficult job as best they can. They care and it shows. I recommend them whole heartedly. They could not have been more caring and considerate during a very diificult but, in my case, very short time. They will work with you to make sure your loved one gets the best care they can give.

My Impression

I talked to Paula and worked with Mary. They were very helpful and definitely gave me the cofidance that we chose the right people to take care of my parents

Caregivers and Administration

Home Carolina has provided good caregivers for my mother, and their staff have always been professional along with being kind and helpful, like a friend would.
Home Carolina has been there for us each time we have needed assistance.
Also, I am grateful for A Place or Mom who made available agencies and places to choose from.

Home Careolina is a licensed home care agency and is locally owned and operated by Davidson residents, Andi Carroll and Lynn Davis. It is their mission to provide the highest level of home care to seniors wishing to live independently for as long as possible.

They offer no-obligation assessment interviews and home safety checks that help seniors and their families make the right choices for their particular situation.

Home Careolina has been providing quality home care since 2004. All caregivers are trained, bonded and insured and have a genuine interest in helping the elderly. Customized care plans are created for each client and care can be scheduled for as little as 2 hours or as much as 24 hours per day.

Home Careolina exclusively serves the Lake Norman communities and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about moving to the area. Whether you need assistance at home or some extra help at a facility, they can help.