Home Away From Home - Edmonds, WA

Home Away From Home provides mom more than her immaculate, comfortable room within a loving residence. Mom's staff has consistently given personalized and smoothly transitioning care to meet her changing needs. Mom's needs will continue to change, but her home won't have to! Friendship and a sense of family are abundant amongst the "gals" living & working at H.A.F.H. Within this family community's shared meals and activities, the uniqueness of each resident is recognized & nurtured daily. I especially value this quality as mom's dementia and age progressively diminish her sense of self and others.

Home Away From Home - Edmonds, WA

I have peace of mind knowing that my sister-in-law receives the best care from an understanding and professional staff. She truly, is at "home" at HAFH.

Home Away From Home - Edmonds, WA

My sister loves living at Home Away From Home. She's been there for almost 5yrs. It's a very warm and cozy home. The staff is especially wonderful, they're experienced, patient, friendly and caring. I know she is getting the best care!

Home Away From Home - Edmonds, WA

Offers very homey and loving atmosphere for residents. The home owner/caregivers are very perfessional and patient. everyone is treated with respect and dignity. This AFH is very clean & functional. Make us as comfortable and safe as possible. Up to date with all the residents meds. Address any of our health concerns. Residents family members/friends are welcomed anytime. Home is located in a quiet & attractive residential neighborhood. I love it here! Best care ever for seniors! H.A.F.H. is voted #1 AFH for best senior living in Edmonds, WA.

Mom lives here, the facility is homelike & cozy and secure.
The staff & the ownership are wonderful. Attentive & skilled.
I would recommend this home to any family that has a mom, sister aunt with memory issues.

Wonderful loving, caring, competent and compassionate place. They are taking great care of my mother in law. She is happy, clean, well fed and medically superb & properly there. We as a family are very grateful.

My mother has resided in this home for the past year.She continues to be happy there and is quite pleased with the staff and the home.

My mother has resided in two different assisted living communities and this is her second Adult Family Home.I have been most satisfied with the care and attention she receives at Home Away From Home.I would not hesitate to recommend Home Away from Home for anyone looking for a care community

Much thanks to the experienced and friendly caregivers!

My sister loves living at Home Away From Home. She has been there for a couple of years now and really loves living there. She is the happiest I've seen her in a long time and has made wonderful friends. Her room is always tidy and clean, as is the rest of the house. Holidays are celebrated, as well as birthdays, with the residents choosing their favorite dish for dinner.
My family and I give much thanks and appreciation to the experienced and friendly caregivers at the home, they make my sister feel welcomed and loved. Home Away From Home is her home now.

a wonderful place for mom

We are so very thankful to have found Home Away from Home for our mother. They are amazing! They are genuinely caring for their ladies. We had tried a larger facility before HAFH and we were not happy with the care she was receiving. Mom is so much happier where she is now and so are we.

The staff is loving, engaging, skilled & treats everyone with love & respect. We are very fortunate to have found a place that takes Excellent care of our loved one. The piece of mind we have been given because of Home Away From Home is priceless.

We are so happy to have found Home Away From Home.

The overall experience we have had with Home Away From Home has been Beyond Excellent!!! The skilled staff not only provides a safe, well-managed place for our loved one, but also uplifting interactions, love and laughter for everyone in the home.

I am amazed by the care my mother receives at Home Away from Home. We were worried about finding a place that could care for her and love as much as we do. We had my mom living at home with us and a move like this was frightening but that worry faded away quickly. The Home is owned and run by an LPN. It is obvious that she does this job because she loves the residents. Her staff is equally loving and proactive with patient needs and health. We are all blessed to have found this home.

True to Its Name

Our mother has lived at Home Away From Home for two-and-a-half years. Prior to her move there, she was in a large facility in which there was a division between administration and caregiving. The institution was unwilling, or unable, to see that they were not meeting Mom’s needs, and as a result, Mom was losing strength and skills.

We found quite the opposite situation at HAFH. Since the owner is also a nurse and a caregiver, there is no artificial division between care and administration, and gone is the sense that Mom’s placement is nothing but a revenue stream. HAFH is true to its name, with staff being very attentive to Mom’s needs, while ensuring maintenance of her level of functioning. Dietary needs are strictly adhered to, and meals are eaten together with the four to five other residents.

We have been consistently impressed with the quality of care provided by the caregivers who express and demonstrate a genuine level of concern for Mom’s needs. The smaller facility ensures that any changes in status are noted and the family immediately notified. While falls and dehydration were regular events in a larger facility, to date, this has not been a concern at HAHF, which has been a source of enormous relief for the family and a much safer and healthier situation for Mom.

We are familiar with the challenge of finding that right “fit” for one’s loved one, and ensuring a maximum quality of life during one of life’s most difficult times of transition. We do not hesitate in highly recommending HAFH for families in search of finding exactly that.

A perfect home for Mom!

Mom lived at Home Away From Home for 3 years, always experiencing loving, compassionate care. The staff were wonderful to the residents, and to their families, welcoming us (usually unannounced ) any time of the day or night.

Her medical issues were handled promptly and with great attention to detail with medical providers and appointments, and with pharmacies. Her needs were tracked and followed-up on.

She loved her fellow housemates and their families and enjoyed the interactions with other guests, and especially with the caring providers. They were like family to her! Her hair was fixed, her makeup on, and her nails polished, much to her delight.

Monica Guthmiller

Thank you Judi. It was a pleasure taking care of your Mom and getting to know you and the rest of the family. Take care!

Our mother has lived at Home Away From Home for two-and-a-half years. Prior to her move there, she was in a large facility in which there was a division between administration and care giving. The institution was unwilling, or unable, to see that they were not meeting Mom’s needs, and as a result, Mom was losing strength and skills.

Monica Guthmiller

We love your Mom! Thank you for the kind words!

When I first toured this home I immediately fell in love with how caring the staff and own Nikki are! There is laughter through out the house and the residents! I couldn't imagine ever having any other home or staff care for my loved ones.

Monica Guthmiller

Thank you so much. I'm happy that the love for our ladies is evident. ❤️ Nikki