Heritage Place - Bountiful, UT

Staff was professional and kind

We have been very happy with Heritage Place. The staff has been very professional and kind. We always found mom in good condition when we went to visit. She was in the memory care unit, so, unfortunately, she did not speak very much or interact with the other residents there. She did not participate in organized activities. Mom passed away earlier this year and the staff at this facility was very supportive and compassionate.

Warm and welcoming facility

This facility when you first walk in is very warm and welcoming. The staff treats my Mother-In-Law very well. They are aware of her needs and they do what they can for her. The facility offers a lot of good activities like exercise classes, church functions, games, bus rides, and they take her to the store once a week. The staff is good at keeping her involved and active. I would recommend this community to other families.

Blue Harbor Sales Team

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Heritage Place Senior Living. It is great to hear our staff takes such great care of your mother-in-law. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

Do not bring your family here

This place is awful. I called the director there and told them that my mom is extremely independent and I needed to cancel the tour. She told me that it says they’re assisted living but people there are so independent and so active, you should come anyway. I didn’t really want to go but she really pushed me so I went. It was very far and in the middle of nowhere. You walk in and it just seemed like these people were heavily medicated. For someone to say this is active, I mean these people were barely conscious. None of them were aware. My mom always tries to look for the best in everything and she talked with one of the residents there about their reading group. He told her that they all sit in a room, decide on what book they want to read, and then they listen to it on tape. There was nothing intellectual or stimulating about it. If I hated my mother, that’s the only reason I would bring her to this place.

Getting Along Just Fine

Dad is in the memory portion of this facility and he is doing well. He is getting to the nursing staff and they are getting to know him. The staff has been extremely nice and kind towards him as well as us. He is very comfortable in his unit just enough room for him. He enjoys the food. I would recommend them to anyone who would ask.

Care and comfort

We are happy with the care at this community. We like the staff who are kind and attentive. The community is very clean inside and out. The activities are good for participation with the other residents. We would recommend this community to other families for good care.

Blue Harbor Sales Team

It's so wonderful to see you had such a positive experience with us! We do our very best to provide top-notch service, so it's great to see we're living up to this goal. Sincerely, Team Heritage Place Senior Living.

The Dependability Is Awesome

I am grateful for all the staff that are available to give care for my mom within this community. It has been convenient for me to visit based on it's location. She gets good meals that she likes with she enjoys all the activities they provide. The staff stay on top of the cleanliness of the community and her room.

Blue Harbor Sales Team

Heritage Place was a good choice for my parents. We were so glad they could be together in a friendly atmosphere, were cared for, and could attend various activities. Thank You!

My mother was a resident at Heritage Place for 3 years and has recently passed away. The staff was so awesome and I couldn't have done it without them. Facility was clean and food was great.

Amazing

Moving my Grandmother to Heritage Place has been the best decision! The staff is amazing. The food in the dining room has exceeded her expectations. The activities have had her more involved than in the previous assisted living centers she has lived. I would highly recommend Heritage Place.

Our Temporary Help

I used this community for a respite stay for my mom. I was happy with the care that was provided. My mom was there for two weeks. The care and everything went well. Now she is back at home and she is doing fine.

Personal touch for my mom

My mom just moved into Heritage Place. She is having the time of her life! She lived at an independent living place for a couple years and we found that her dementia was getting to the point that she was forgetting to take care of herself. We got worried to the point that she needed a place. We went everywhere in Bountiful but Heritage really felt like home for her. She could choose her own paint color for the walls and got to add some activities to their already amazing list of stuff to do. I feel like they went an extra mile to provide the perfect place for my mom, but they also have helped me relax about her health. I keep bugging them to change little things like changing the microwave and it is done within minutes. Every time I call her now she tells me she is going out with friends or she is having a good time. Thanks for taking care of my mom!

Difficult time!

This memory care unit is understaffed in my opinion. That results in difficulty finding staff at times, having enough staff to feed people in memory care, keeping facility clean, having meaningful activities.

There seems to be a wide discrepancy in the decor, holiday decor between assisted living and memory care.

Some employees were fabulous, caring. Perhaps because of very high turnover, others seemed only to be putting in time.

At times it seemed that communication from shift to shift was non-existent. We appreciated some, were very frustrated with others. We acknowledge it would be an extremely difficult job!

Food Is Very Poor Quality

Everything is going well for my father here, our only concern as been with the food. The food is horrible quality, and it seems they are just being careless with food. The community is well-kept for the most part, but they are not cleaning his room very often. The staff is very nice, they are trying their best to care for him. He has tired a few activities, there are many for him to choose from. They are caring for him well and I would recommend it.

Enjoying This Community

I am really enjoying my time at this community, everything is going very well. It looks great and my room is nice, someone is always cleaning. The staff is always available when I need some help. I have noticed they do offer activities. The meals are nice and the food tastes good. The residents are very sweet, I have made some new friends. I really enjoy it here and I would recommend it.

Mediocre at best

Not my first choice, unfortunately another sibling picked this. My mother has been in this facility for just a couple of months and has already fallen. She is medicated more than she ever has before entering assisted living. They are short staffed. Days when they are short staffed, residents miss their scheduled showers and scheduled room cleaning. I've had many meals with my mother, the food is satisfactory. I can't give rave reviews of Heritage Place, definitely needs some updating as far as accommodations go. Activities are minimal as far as I can see.

Great Place!

Heritage Place is a great place to go. My mother-in-law likes the activties that she is able to participate in, she can't use her hands much. It would be good if they had more religious things. The food is good, we've eaten there several times.

Heritage Place is now home.

My father has been a resident at Heritage Place for three years and he now calls it his home. He is very comfortable living there. The staff is so friendly and they have acitivities going all the time for their residents.

GREAT PLACE FOR MOM OR DAD

This is a great place. Friendly staff. I had my mom in another care center in Salt Lake. It was worry 24/7. Now she is in Heritage Place in the memory care section. Now I dont have to worry. Because I know she will be taken care of.

offer meal choices

They staff seems to know the residents personally. At dinner time they offer meal choices to the residents which I think is good.

In need of more light by the back entrance

They need a light by the back entrance. I tripped and fell down.

The staff is friendly but there was a refund issue

The staff itself was friendly. It was a business that I would not recommend. I asked them what if she didn't stay the whole 14 days and someone said they would refund me. However, when she didn't stay the 14 days, they did not refund me. They told me that answer I was given originally was not correct. They finally agreed to refund some money to me since she was only in there 5 days out of the 14 days.

My mother in law has been at Heritage for about a year. The move in process was horrible. Prices were quoted incorrectly, things were not communitcated between staff memebers. But we decided to go ahead with it. The first few weeks were good and my mother in law was very happy. Then little things started happening. Medications were confused, meals and showers were missed. Not being included in activites. The director was no help. We even went to [name removed]. They were no help. Then we were told that my mother in law needed to move to memory care or move out. We felt like we were stuck. She is from out of state and jad no where to go. So we moved her to the memory care. Worst mistake. They are beyond understaffed. No one talks to the residents. They turn a movie on and disapear. You can never find anyone to help you or ask questions to. And if you call managment has no clue what younare talking about. The communication there is beyond horrible. I would love to write all the negative things that have happened since we moved my mother in law in there, but I would ve writing all night. Dont be fooled bu the calander. They dont actually do anything they write on it. The staff memebers do not like their jobs, or dealing with these sweet elderll people. They are high school aged kids just trying to get a start in health care. The assisted living side is better but still has alot of the same issues. I would never reccomnend this place for a memory care family member. Save yourself the stress And look else where.

Memory care would be 2, Assisted would be a 3-4.

If you were just here for elderly assistance, and you don't need memory care, it would be a three or maybe even a four, if you need memory care, I would say it's a two. We were not very satisfied. In my opinion they need more aides to the amount of residents. In the area my mom was in, it was like 1 staff to 13 residents. I also think they could use more training with memory care. They are really good with the elderly part, but not so much with the memory care. The staff was friendly, and they keep the place really clean.

G. Sean Cassidy

I’m sorry you had a less than good experience. Heritage Place has been in business 42 years, we care for our residents and their families, and we strive to create the best possible assisted living and memory care experience for the community. Our staff are passionate about their jobs and get to know each resident and their needs on a personal level. Often-times, and in the case of our memory care residents they require additional, one-on-one care, and this care which is provided can take our caregiving staff off the floor to assist these residents, which may appear as if we are short-staffed, but we are not. Our current care-giving staff to resident ratio is 1:8 and that is when our memory care is running at full occupancy. You’re right, our staff are friendly and they enjoy spending quality time with each of our residents, and we will continue to encourage this type of care. In regards to training, our entire staff meet for a monthly in-service, our most recent topic was Dementia Care and our caregiving team meets bi-monthly for in-servicing and those topics include the health and well-being of our residents along with specific Alzheimer’s/dementia training. And each of our caregiving team have gone through training with the Alzheimer’s Association.

my grandma needs a lot of needs to be taking in to care. I would recommend this facility to others as well..I gave an over all rating of a 4. the staff is helpful. From what I have seen, it is very clean in and out. The people there are so friendly. My grandma loves this place!

Quite comfortable

Spoke to resident and he thought his experience was quite good. He stated he was happy with everything that he was getting. His care was good and the facility was comfortable and that in relation to his cost he felt it was sufficient. Overall he thought it was it was a comfortable environment.

very happy with our choice, our seniors are ontent

Communication is the main issue.

It's very clean and the staff is friendly. At the beginning there were a few problems, they weren't really good about returning our calls. They are not on top of the communication. It took a bit to get the medication straight, and making sure she got to meals, if she didn't show up, they wouldn't even check. Things have gotten better now, we all seem to have a better idea of what to expect and how to work with it. She complains about the food. There are plenty of activities though.

We think they are doing an excellent job so far.

We think they are doing an excellent job so far. It's kept clean, and the staff is good. We are pleased with them, we don't have any complaints.

It's a really nice place, but they are having difficulty with transfers.

It's a really nice place, but they are having difficulty with transfers. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. It's a good value, the food is excellent, according to mom. They have plenty of activities. I don't have any complaints about the parking or billing, really anything else, except that they have a hard time with the difficult transfer. They did an assessment and they said that it wouldn't be a problem, but now it's becoming an issue. Some of the staff is having a hard time with it, mostly the younger more inexperienced ones. Other than that everything is good.

Did tour on Sun. None of us...

Did tour on Sun. None of us liked it much as it is a bit run down and like a big maze. Chelsea not very knowledgable.

The staff at Heritage Place have been...

The staff at Heritage Place have been wonderful to work with. It is a difficult and emotional time for families needing to find care for your loved one. They totally understand and help make the transition for all painless. I highly recommend this lovely facility for your loved ones as well.

Friendly staff and good care

I haven't had a chance to visit much myself due to living out of state, but based on what I've heard from my loved ones things seem to be going well. They looked at a few options in the area and while they weren't as impressed with the decor here as other places they've seen the staff have been friendly and the care they provide is good.

This was a nice facility and the staff was very pleasant, particularly Tiffany the intake person. This just wasn't a good fit for our loved one. The only thing that irritated me is that even though our stay was short lived, we were not refunded the facility fee that we really didn't use or get anything for. We gave the appropriate amount of notice, before moving. It wasn't specified if that was refundable or not, but in my opinion it should have been.

Things have been working out pretty well so far.

Things have been working out pretty well so far. The room is clean but the carpets are little dingey in the hallways, there is a sewer smell coming up from the drain in the bathroom as well. We do pay extra for an escort to take her to meals and activities, I am not sure if they check on her as much as they are supposed to. I think a lot of the older people suffer from lonliness and depression, they do encourage them to get out and participate, but they can't make them go.

It is a lovely smaller faci...

It is a lovely smaller facility with a focused staff. The staff were very helpfult

Not Happy With Heritage Place

To be honest, we don't like it at all. The service has not been good. We've had a lot of experiences that have not been good. I'd say we pay a lot more than we should for what we get. They do pretty good activities there but my mother-in-law does not participate.

I think in training their CNAs and caregivers, they could do a better job. I think they need to train them properly and maybe get some feedback from those that go there. We've talked to people about our issues and they did try to change things but it just seems like an ongoing issue. We're always complaining about something whether it be the cleanliness, the care, some maintenance issue, or the front desk person. It's just been one thing after. They were less expensive than other facilities - maybe that's our problem - but they're still a lot of money. Because of the cost we really didn't have a choice.

G. Sean Cassidy

We are sorry to hear that your experience at times has not been the best with our community. We hear you, and want you to know that we have taken steps to improve the items you specifically addressed in your review. Your experience is not the norm at Heritage Place. We have grown very fast over the past 4 months, with many new residents now calling Heritage Place home. We have caught up on our staffing, adding new well trained CNA's, adding a new Housekeeping Director, and welcoming a new full time Front Desk Coordinator. We hope your experience has improved. We strive to make Heritage Place a great place to call home, and we appreciate your honest and direct feedback so we can constantly improve the living experience for our families.

Heritage Place

So far I am fairly pleased with Heritage Place. The staff are nice and seem willing to answer my questions and are accommodating of my mom's needs.

G. Sean Cassidy

Lisa, thank you for your review. We want to continue to make Heritage Place the best community in Bountiful, and your feedback is appreciated.

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us.

At Heritage Place, you’ll discover a vibrant community with a dedicated, compassionate staff who are committed to meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations.
Quality assisted living, memory care and respite services.
Variety of apartment home styles and floor plans.
Located in the heart of Bountiful with patios, balconies and mountain views in select apartments.
Activity programs that offer experiences and opportunities to nourish the mind, body and spirit.

Its name alone suggests something spectacular, and Bountiful, Utah lives up to expectations. Located in Davis County, it is the 15th largest city in the state. Seniors choose to retire in Bountiful because of its abundance of housing options, modes of transportation, and entertainment venues.

City Info

Bountiful is walkable in areas with some tasks being able to be done on foot.

- Walkability Score: 58 Somewhat Walkable. Some errands can be completed on foot.

- Population: At the time of the 2010 U.S. Census, there were 42,552 people living in the city.

- Average Age of Residents: The average age of residents is 32 years old.

- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Area: There are 80 senior living facilities providing Independent Living, Assisted Living, Continued Care, and Daycare Services for Adults.

- Average Weather Conditions: July brings the highest monthly average temperatures of 82 degrees Fahrenheit. The lowest average monthly temperature in Bountiful occurs in December when it plummets to 29 degrees Fahrenheit.

Transportation

Transportation is readily available in Bountiful with its bus system, train station, taxis, rideshare, and nearby airports.

- Buses: Utah Transit Authority provides local transportation services for Bountiful seniors.

- Trains: Like the buses found throughout the city, Utah Transit Authority provide train transportation. Seniors are eligible to buy discounted tickets with a valid ID.

- Taxis: Bountiful Taxi Cab is the name of the taxi service in the city.

- Rideshare:Uber and Lyft, two of the most popular rideshare companies, have drivers in Bountiful. Men and women who want to use these services will need to download the companies' apps. They can then enter their payment information and request service from wherever they are.

- Airports: The two closest airports to Bountiful are Salt Lake City International Airport and Ogden-Hinckley Airport.

Health and Safety

There are three hospitals in Bountiful that senior residents can visit in the event of an accident or injury.

- Hospitals in the Area: There are three hospitals to choose from including Lakeview Hospital, South Davis Community Hospital, and Specialty Hospital of Utah.
- Crime Rate in Bountiful: Bountiful is 59% safer than other Utah cities. It is 67% safer than other cities throughout the United States.

Sports and Leisure

Seniors have the option of playing at any of three golf courses in the city.

- Golf Courses Near By: Getting on the green is easy in Bountiful. There are three different golf courses to check out. They are Bountiful Ridge Golf Course, Lakeside Golf Course, and Eaglewood Golf Course.

- Tennis Courts/Clubs Near By: There are many parks and public tennis courts for tennis players to choose from. The city is full of beautiful places to play. Some examples of tennis hot-spots include North Canyon Park Tennis, North Canyon Swim and Tennis Club, Eagle Ridge Tennis & Swim Club, Five Points Park, and Twin Hollows Park.

- Gyms Near By: There is no shortage of gyms in Bountiful. In fact, seniors can get membership at any local gym including VASA Fitness Bountiful, Skills Fitness Center, Planet Fitness, Anytime Fitness, and more.

Shopping and Entertainment

There are many small grocers and large grocery chains in and around Bountiful.

- Grocery Stores: Some of the places seniors can go to buy groceries and other household necessities include Dick's Market, Natural Grocers, La Campanita Market, Walmart Supercenter, and many other specialty grocers.

- Other Restaurants: Many different cuisine styles are available for diners to choose from.

- Movie Theaters: Seniors who love watching movies have two choices in theaters. They can go to the Cinemark Bountiful 8 or Megaplex Theatres at Legacy Crossing. Both theaters show the latest blockbuster hits. They also give senior patrons a discount with valid ID. From Chinese to Hawaiian, there are many different ethnicities and cultures represented in the food served in the city. Some of the most popular restaurants in Bountiful include Mandarin, Smokin' Bones BBQ, Mo'Bettah's Hawaiian Style, El Matador Restaurant, and Arella Pizzeria.

- Libraries: There are two library branches in the city. Seniors can get a library card at either library and check out resources such as books, DVDs, audiobooks, magazines, and more. The branches are South Davis County Library and Davis County Library - Centerville Branch.

- Senior-Friendly Salons: Sheer Indulgence, Salon Revive, and Lucienne Salon Spa Boutique provide many different salon services for men and women upon request.

- Entertainment: Seniors find the entertainment aspect of the city to be very exciting. There are a lot of things for older men and women to do. Among the biggest attractions in the city is to drive on a scenic by-way, visit one of the cities' many parks, Big Cottonwood Canyon in Salt Lake City, Bridal Veil Falls, and more. There are restaurants to dine in, movies to see, and libraries to visit as well.

Religious Facilities

There are four religious facilities in the city for senior residents to attend services at.

- Religious Facilities Nearby: Services are held at The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints, Saint Olaf Catholic Church, Bountiful Tabernacle of the LDS Church, and Wasatch Christian Church. The dates and times of weekly services can be viewed online at each facility's website.