Heaven House Elmwood - Oklahoma City, OK

Great facility but not a lot of natural light

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. This community was great and it was a nice home environment. It is a clean building and we were actually leaning towards this facility but decided not to at the last minute. It was an older building and to me, it wasn’t as bright and open as other places. I wanted my mom to be able to get a lot of natural light. Even though we decided against this facility, I would recommend this place to other families.

Wasn't Able To Provide The Care My Husband Needed In The End

This is a nice home, but they just were not able to provide the care my husband needed once his health started to decline. It is a nice and well-kept home, I was there all the time and everything was very well maintained. There are some staff members that are better than others. For the most part they tired their best to care for him. I was very impressed with all the activities offered. The food was nice, he was able to eat and order a meal whenever he wanted to. Due to the fact they were not able to provide the care he needed in the end. I wouldn't not be able to recommend this community.

Love our Group Assisted Living Home

The staff at Heaven House have been very helpful and supportive. They are very patient in helping and encouraging my Aunt in this new environment. We are very pleased with our choice of Heaven House.

The Heaven House offers care for your elderly loved one in a beautiful, well decorated and furnished home. The common areas are comfortably furnished, the grounds well-kept, and the individual spaces can be decorated and made personal in any way. We provide 24-hour care from certified, well-experienced caregivers. Each resident will be provided custom care that is tailored to his or her specific needs. Meals are served family-style in the kitchen or dining room. Activities are planned on a weekly basis and holidays are always observed. Family is welcome to participate in activities and visit at any time.

The elderly benefit tremendously from the smaller environment of the group home setting. With a 5-1 resident to caregiver ratio, the focus and attention surpasses any available in the Oklahoma City area. It keeps your loved one from the isolation of "staying in their own home" yet it is not institutional living with large numbers sharing the dining room and other living activities. Often times, the social pressure of large living facilities is exactly opposite of what most elderly really need and want. The residential home offers a full life complete with social interaction, exercise, family visits, and lunches out along with organized social activities. A weekly visit by a beautician to the Heaven House is provided for the residents’ convenience. Transportation to doctor appointments may be arranged.

Features and Benefits:

-NURTURING HOME COOKED MEALS-

-THREE TIMES WEEKLY RESTORATIVE THERAPY-

-DAILY/ WEEKLY ACTIVITIES-

-PRIVATE ROOM AND BATH-

**WE TAKE A SMALL AMOUNT OF RESIDENTS (MAX 5) FOR EACH HEAVEN HOUSE ALLOWING US TO TAKE ON A HIGHER LEVEL OF CARE