Eden Care Cottage at Oak Tree - Edmond, OK

New Home

My friend is now living at Eden Care Cottage at oak Tree. From what his wife tells me, he is doing good. He is getting better everyday and this is good.

The Cottage is our home and family!

My parents have the wonderful distinction of being the first residents at the Cottage. I remember the day I walked into the Cottage for the first time and instantly felt at home. It was an answer to my prayers during a very difficult time of our lives. Here was a home where my parents, one with Alzheimers and the other with deteriorating physical disabilities could live together in a setting truly similar to their own home, with knowledgeable, compassionate caregivers and full time nursing care.
Shannon, the owner and nurse for the Cottage has always been hands on and willing to go the extra mile to be sure that my parents are safe, well and happy. She and the other two nurses are always available, day, night, weekend and holidays. They and the caregivers truly treat my parents and me as their own family.
Shannon and her staff have been instrumental in coordinating home health and hospice services. There is even a physical therapist on staff. When my parents have needed extra care, Shannon has either provided the staff or helped me to obtain them. She routinely provides an art therapist and either she or one of the caregivers often do craft projects with the residents. As the heath of my parents waxes and wanes the staff is adept and flexible in meeting their needs.
My father passed away just shy of being at the Cottage for a year. The quality of his life and passing were substantially enhanced by the care he received at the Cottage.
Shannon, the other nurses and the caregivers have become part of our friends and family. I feel like the Cottage is my home away from home. This atmosphere has eased the pain of his passing and helped to improve the step-mom and my quality of life. Indeed my step-mom has thrived under their care some two years past her husbands passing.
Again, the Eden Care team go above and beyond their roles as nurses and CNA's, treating us as family and creating a atmosphere as close to our true home as can be. They are always there for us.

Two Caregivers for Five Residents

I like them a lot. My mom has been in both larger places and smaller ones, and Eden Care Cottage has only 5 residents. They do OK for what they are in terms of activities, it is a very nice if you want to live in a home and not a larger facility. They are able to help you a little more. The ratio of caregivers vs large assisted living is much better, this is 2 people for 5. If you need that extra bit, it is a pretty neat idea.

Eden Care Homes offers an alternative to institutional care for seniors in need of assistance with their activities of daily living such as mobility, dressing, bathing, toileting/incontinence care, medication administration, housekeeping, linen and laundry service. Additional services include Registered Nurse supervision and oversight to ensure health care needs are met and coordination of in-home physician, nursing and/or rehabilitation services.

Eden Care was founded on the premise that there is "no place like home". Our homes are just that – HOMES, located in quiet residential areas and appear no different than any other house on the block. Best of all, the occupancy of each home is limited to only five (5) residents!

Eden Care's traditional home atmosphere more closely resembles the resident's own home, enabling the person to adapt more easily to their new residence. Our exceptional caregiver to resident ratios allow us to provide a level of person-centered care that is difficult to achieve in larger settings. Our residents and caregivers get the opportunity to really get to know and enjoy the companionship of one another, forming a close knit "family". All "family members" contribute to the home's daily routine and a household rhythm based on the individual needs and preferences of all naturally develops.

Eden Care Cottage at Oak Tree is situated on a private acreage near Oak Tree and just minutes from the Coffee Creek area of Edmond, Oklahoma. The home features two (2) private, one (1) private deluxe and one (1) companion suite. Each bedroom suite features a comfortable sitting area with scenic views of the property. The Cottage has 3 common living spaces and an open floor plan that is filled with natural light. It is decorated using a harmonious and soothing color palette and an eclectic mix of antique, vintage and modern furnishings to promote a sense of peace and relaxation. The backyard is accessible and features multiple naturally shaded sitting areas, a 240 foot paved walking trail, raised flower and vegetable gardens and much more! We welcome you to come and see for yourself. The occupancy of this home is limited to only five (5) residents and it will soon be fully occupied. Call today for best availability!

Eden Care Homes is locally owned and operated by a Registered Nurse with close to 20 years of experience in serving Oklahoma's seniors.

Notice of Limited Availability:
Because Eden Care Cottage at Oak Tree accepts only five (5) residents, availability is extremely limited. Reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis and require pre-screening by a Registered Nurse. We cannot guarantee availability and will maintain an ongoing waiting list once the home is fully occupied. Call today to check availability and schedule a consultation and personal tour!