HEARTLAND OF TAMARAC - Tamarac, FL has yet not published prices.

Horrible Place

To begin, this place is horrible!!! Not all of the staff is considered lazy or just there to collect a check at the expense of the patients. I thought being a nurse meant, a person who cares and and have compassion, not at this facility. I called to complain to the Regulations Board for Nursing/Rehabilitation Facilities and was told that "bedside manors and being rude" is not considered a regulation. WOW!!!! My fam member is there because of an accident that fractured the femur and needless to say also recovering from hip surgeries. With that being said, my fam member has not been able to get out of bed for the entire week plus they've been at this facility ........wait for it, and it's because they did not have a wheelchair or a walker to assist. Needless to say, this has caused terrible back pain, more stress to the leg that was fractured because of it not being moved. Fighting so hard with insurance to please get my love one out of this facility.
My cry is for those that are there and don't have anyone to fight for them and be there voice. If there is a choice, do not let this place be it. Oh, did I mention, passing the buck, you'll never speak with who you need to, a message will be taken, but will not get a returned call. Again, just sad!!!

worse place ever

DO NOT SEND YOU PARENTS TO THIS PLACE...
horrible, one nurse and aide uncaring and stressed out staff. Patients spend more time in their rooms than outside no one takes then outside for fresh air. The worse is dialysis the staff is busy speaking in their language while leaving the patients unattended and screaming. Therapy is a waste the therapist leaves the patient unattended at times while speaking to each other. The patient can't get their required rest light on it's a hot mess. To the staff is just a job only a few care about the patient.

Clean, Good Food, but not "Homey".

My mom stayed here for 2 weeks. This is more like a nursing home and/or rehabilitation facility rather than an assisted living residential"home" feel My mom and her roommate both arrived via private ambulance. Facility is clean, but old. Some staff was friendly and accommodating, and other staff wasn't helpful at all.- It varied per shift. My mom liked the food. Excellent rehabilitation staff. Minimal socialization and activities. I only saw a small "clique" of people that will be there a while go outside or eat outside of their rooms.