Hart Heritage Estates Assisted Living of Forest - Forest Hill, MD

A New Home for Mom

My Mom has been @ Hart Heritage for a little over 3 years & is nearing the end of her life. The staff has been great with her - from the front desk staff to the aides, the RN's, the kitchen staff, the housekeeping staff, maintenance, the activities director & all those behind the scenes. I will miss everyone when I no longer "have to visit my Mom." My Mom no longer wants to leave the "girls" who make sure her needs are met such taking her to the bathroom or making sure that her hair is done by the hairdresser who is phenomenal with everyone's needs/ desires. I am one of my Mom's 5 children & we are all pleased with her room, the other residents, the building & grounds and feel the cost is approprite. One of my brothers manages group homes throughout the U.S. & he feels that Hart Heritage meets my Mom's physical & mental needs (she has dementia & has had strokes). Our entire extended family has been welcomed by the staff whether it was a holday celebration or just a routine visit. It's not easy to move a loved one from their home but it's the next best thing to home.

The care given him was outstanding

Hart Heritage, Nursing & Support Staff:

I just want to say "thank you" for all your help in taking care of my husband, [name removed].
His last days since his final stroke and the care given him was outstanding!
Changing his room and allowing me to sleep there and be with him was extremely helpful.

All the staff were very patient and loving

Thank you for taking such great care of my Aunt [name removed]. All the nurses and staff were very patient and loving, especially during her last few days. Your kindness and thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated.

Thank you so very much for the beautiful floral arrangement you sent in memory of our mom. She loved flowers and she would have loved it!
Thank you, too, for your care. She really enjoyed her month that she spent with you.

Personally, I liked this location, but my mother did not. I liked how it felt like a family. My mother felt that there was a lack of privacy.

Dad was treated with kindess and respect by everyone and for that we are truly grateful.

[name removed] and I would like to thank everyone for the care and attention you gave to his Dad for the last 8 months of his life. He was treated with kindness and respect by everyone and for that we are truly grateful. We also appreciate the beautiful flowers you sent.

Dear Hart Heritage family:
I just returned home from my bi-weekly visits with my sister [removed], and I thought I should share some comments that she made during our visit. Since [removed] moved in, I have been trying to get down to see her at least twice a month, and it is a two and a half hour drive to get there, but it is so necessary for me to see her. Every time I visit we spend most of our time talking about the outstanding staff that you have. There is not one person on your staff who does not go out of his or her way to make sure that [removed] is comfortable, which is not an easy task because she is pretty much relying on people to take care of her since she can't do much herself. You have no idea how reassuring it is for me, living so far away, to know that she is being cared for and that she respects those who are doing a very difficult job. I wish I could remember everyone's name that she mentions, because each individual needs his or her own recognition, but with each visit it seems that the list gets longer. As I said, I know [removed] demands a huge amount of attention, but every time she asks something of someone, her request is dealt with immediately and always with a smile... I really cannot see how people can be so accommodating, so sincerely accommodating. While I was there today, one girl checked in on her twice to make sure she was doing okay! So to avoid getting too sappy, I will close here, but I do want to thank you and your staff for removing worries from a very concerned brother. I know we are asking a lot of you, and I thank you for not only stepping up to the challenge but also exceeding it.

Your staff and everyone were so thoughtful and caring

Our family is greatly appreciative of the care provided to our father during his stay at Hart Heritage. Your staff and everyone were so thoughtful and caring during this difficult time. We sincerely thank you for your warm and compassionate care.

Attentive, respectful staff

The staff is fantastic. The nurses and aides treat people with dignity and respect. Everyone is really friendly and it's a homey environment. My mother has her apartment decorated and it's a nice space for her.

A very nice place!

My brother and I liked the Hart Heritage Estates. It was a very nice community and the staff was very friendly as well. They showed us the rooms available which were nice because they had an opening available and sometimes, communities don't have openings when you need them.

It was comforting to know he was in a safe and compassionate environment

The staff at Hart Heritage:
Thank you so much for the beautiful wreath that was sent to my Dad’s memorial service. It was absolutely beautiful. I especially want to thank you all so very much for taking such good care of my father. [Removed] was knowledgeable and patient with all my concerns and questions. Her, as well as the rest of the staff, couldn’t be any more accommodating. It was very comforting to our family knowing he was in a safe and compassionate environment.
[Removed]

We appreciated and thank you for your thoughtful care

Our sincere thanks to the entire staff for welcoming [Removed] into the Hart Heritage family. We appreciated and thank you for your thoughtful care.
[removed]

It's clear that the employees take pride in what they do and truly care about the residents...

I want to offer my heartfelt thanks to ALL of you for your care of my aunt. I know how much she appreciated all of you.
Your kitchen staff and techs in the feeding room are really wonderful. It’s a great set up. I never felt worried that she wouldn’t eat because you would be able to help her always. The pureed food, the lactose free milk was all so helpful; trust me, it didn’t happen in the other facility.
Your facility is clean: the staff’s appearance is good and they are professional. They also have a knack for getting to know these residents, even with end stage dementia. I told several of them that they don’t know how unique that is. Some of your aides are REALLY talented. I don’t mean to pinpoint just one person because all of them were really good. Compassion like that is really hard to find. Your staff is also quick to smile, so important for these folks and their families.
I’ve been handling senior relatives in nursing homes, assisted living and hospice for over 17 years. So sad to say but I’ve spent significant time in many facilities. You can be assured that yours is a fine facility. As you know, that can only happen because of the people in it.
It is clear that the employees take pride in what they do and truly care about the residents. It’s a very difficult job. It is important for them to know how vital they are in the lives of the residents and their families.
From the housekeeping to the kitchen, from the aides to the techs, to the supervisors, please accept my sincere thanks to all of you from me and God’s blessing on you from above from my aunt.

The amount of care and quality of care he was given is immeasurable.

Thank you so very much for the beautiful flowers and sympathy card you sent after my father’s passing. It is truly appreciated.
My father was only at the facility for a short time but the kindness shown to him and our family was overwhelming.
The amount of care and quality of care he was given is immeasurable.
I’m not sure there are enough words to express what I am feeling right now. Al I know is that I chose the right place for my Dad! Thank you for everything Hart Heritage!
[Removed] [Removed]

family lived there

My husband was moved to Hart Heritage from a Nursing home and the care and attention that was given to him was indescribable, I would refer my friends and family to this community.

stay

My husband was with Hart Heritage for a respite stay and they gave him enough care to come back home with me. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

You are all very special people

Dear Hart Heritage Team:
Thank you very much for the incredible care you all gave my mom during her years here. It is cliché to say that it takes a special person to deliver the care you do for a health stricken person, but that is truly the situation. You are all very special people who gave my mom a wonderful life during her decline in health. I am grateful and very thankful.
Fondly,
[Removed] and Family

Excellent Care for mom

I was very happy with how this community was with my mom. She was happy there and taken care of by the excellent staff. It was a very clean environment in every area. They offered my mom alot of great activities. I would highly recommend this community to other families for excellent care.

I want to sincerely thank you and your staff for caring for Annie Bannannie. The staff was keenly aware of her likes and dislikes which is a credit to their professionalism and their ability to listen, in oh so many ways, to the resident. That takes a certain knack, experience, and desire, particularly when dealing with that level of dementia.

I also want to thank you for caring for me, and putting up with me through these many months. I’m sure many thought I was a pure pain in their you know whats. So, I appreciate them putting up with my nagging and questions. As you could tell, I took seriously my job as Ann’s advocate.

I also want to pass along some complements for the facility. When the family came to visit Saturday, the first time for them, they all complemented what a nice, cheerful, beautiful, and clean facility it was. So, kudos to the folks behind the scenes, for whom we so often take for granted, but could not be successful without! That message was also passed to me from many of the [Removed].

Thank you very much and Ann thanks you too!

A Beautiful Facility

I felt like this would not be a suitable place for my mom. It looks like a gorgeous community but they would not have been able to give what is needed. Sometimes looks are not the best. However, a beautiful place.

Dear Hart Heritage,
Another Saturday morning is upon me and it still feels strange not to plop Tippy in his carrier and ride over to Hart Heritage for the cat’s weekly visit with Dad. Watching Dad with his feline companion was always bittersweet. He would smile with childlike abandon, stroking the soft fur and declaring “Isn’t he a nice KITTEN?” Nothing left in Dad’s world gave him greater joy.
Dementia is an ugly journey which my father traveled with dignity thanks to the efforts of staff at Hart Heritage. A couple months prior to his death in one of those rare moments of clarity, Dad told me how lucky I was to have found “this place”, how “nice” everyone was and how “comfortable” he was here. I felt the weight of the world fly off my shoulders because the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life was place my beloved Dad in a facility. Although I knew at that time it was the best option for my father, Dad’s acceptance of Hart Heritage as his home helped my heart find peace.
As new families arrive searching for solutions to their loved one’s decline, this is what I would want them to know – there is no perfect place. But for my father, Hart Heritage was the right place. This is a facility which provides a lifetime home, lovely surroundings, comfortable amenities, a friendly, committed staff and a management team willing to listen and adjust to meet the needs of the residents. The warm chocolate Ensure with shipped cream on top (“hot chocolate”) was just an example of the extra effort put forth by staff to nourish Dad and bring a smile to his face.
How can I properly thank you? There just aren’t enough donuts to tell you how much I have appreciated each and every one of you. May God Bless and keep you with the same love and tenderness that you freely gave away to my Dad.
With “Hart” felt thanks,
Marti Sakell

Dear Hart Heritage Friends,
We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation for the care and compassion you have provided to our husband and father, Frank, during his time at Hart Heritage.
The entire staff, without exception, was courteous, accommodating and respectful, even on the difficult days.
Thank you, again, for your kindness.

P.S. Thank you, too, for the lovely flowers!

Please give my deepest appreciation to the entire staff for their services

To my Hart Heritage Family,
During this extremely difficult time of my husbands passing, it gives me great comfort that David's last journey on this earth was spent in the loving care of Hart Heritage.
Please give my deepest appreciation to the entire staff for their services and the warmth that was shown to both David and I.

You made a difference. With love and sincere appreciation

Each of you have done so much and have had a special role to play in caring for our mother. You know who you are and how much you mean to us! You bathed her, clothed her, showered her, styled her hair, fed her, talked to her, and loved her. You made a difference. Also, you found it in your heart to show kindness to us. With love and sincere appreciation.

Words cannot express the gratitude for caring for Viola for nearly 2 1/2 years

To all of you,
Words cannot express the gratitude for caring for Viola for nearly 2 1/2 years that she was with you. As many of you know, she was certainly very difficult at times and as you became familiar with her personality, she could make you laugh!
As difficult as she was, I will miss her and I hope she has found happiness. She was unfortunately defined by the grief that she had from losing her son 16 years ago and I pray that they are now reunited.
You are all very special and the job that you do is so very important. Thank you!

Mom would always comment on how nice everyone treated her

To the Staff at Hart Heritage-Forest Hill:
We both want to say THANK YOU for the beautiful flowers you sent our family after the passing of our mother. Also, for the care that you gave her during the time she lived at Hart Heritage. During our visits with her, Mom would always comment on how nice everyone treated her. This made us feel good too knowing that she felt at home and was in a loving, caring facility. Even though Mom didn't remember the names of those who tended to her daily needs, we know she greatly appreciated your help and your smiles.

Our mother was resident at your Forest Hill facility from July 2015 until her passing on April 1, 2016. From the first day to her last, the compassionate care, communication, consideration, and comfort provided by everyone on staff were exemplary. We could not have asked for more timely attention as she struggled during the past two weeks. She was treated with extreme dignity and respect. Visiting family members were also kept well informed and comforted during that time.
You have a wonderful team of people and we were very fortunate to have them assist our mother.
We will readily recommend Hart Heritage to anyone in need of assisted living care.

placed

I decided to place my mom at Hart Heritage after touring several communities in Harford County. It felt like home not like an assisted living. I know my mom will be happy.

How great your staff was to sit with my dad, Frank, while he was in his last hours beyond their shift

I just wanted to take a few minutes to let you know how great your staff was to sit with my dad, Frank, while he was in his last hours. I arrived around 7:15am to find the night staff sitting around him. You could tell they were visibly upset. He passed around 7:45am. I enjoyed hearing some of the "Frankie" stories. They were all caring and comforting. They stayed beyond their shift to make sure he was taken care of with love and dignity. I just wanted to take the time to thank them and let you know what a great team you have. Thank you for the time he had at Hart Heritage and the care he received from all to the very end. Please share my thanks and my love.

We will continue to share with others how wonderful your facility is and especially the caring staff.

My family has been blessed by your Forest Hill home. Our mom, Ann [name removed] lived there for nine months. Her last days with you and hospice were so comforting to us. Thank you for the loving support your staff showed us.
We will continue to share with others how wonderful your facility is and especially the caring staff you have.

You are all very special people

A big Thank You goes out to all of the staff at Hart Heritage for taking such good care of my mom and all the other residents. Your kindness, compassion and dedication is amazing. You are all very special people and a blessing to us all.

Words cannot express how grateful we are...

Rose and I would like to thank everyone at Hart Heritage for your compassion and guidance caring for our mother, Vivian.
Words cannot express how grateful we are for the kindness shown to us during this difficult time.
You have been a blessing in our lives. We will never forget you.

I will never forget your kindness toward Lola and our family

Thank you so much for helping to make my grandmothers time with you so meaningful. I know she really enjoyed knowing all of you personally. I will never forget your kindness toward her and our family. God Bless you all.

We were blessed to meet so many kind people

To Hart Heritage and all the staff. We were happy to see some of you at the service. Thank you for all your kind wishes. My mom loved so many of you. We were blessed to meet so many kind people.

"Hart Heritage Family" perfectly describes what I always felt

Dear Hart Heritage Family,
Thank you so very much for the beautiful arrangement. The best part of receiving them was the card sent with them. It was signed "Hart Heritage Family" which perfectly describes what I always felt when I walked through the doors. Every one of you are very special people and loved. Thank you most of all for loving and caring for our mom.

Their personal care consist of feeding, cleaning and put your loved one in a room to sleep in a recliner. No activities or outdoor time offered. Most residents seem to be over medicated and dazed. Very depressing!

You are all wonderful angels of mercy

Thank you for the beautiful flower arrangement that you sent for my mom, Catty Foster, to St. Jude's Church. A heart shaped arrangement.... so beautiful!
Just as the loving, beautiful care you gave my mom.
You are all wonderful angels of mercy.
We honored you at Mass and said that your comfort to our mom and family was incredible. We could never thank you enough.
Thank you for your care and for the lovely flowers. You are incredible.

Thank you for the wonderful ceremony honoring Veteran's at Hart Heritage, including my Dad.

Exceptional Care: Family of resident Dan O. Caulk

We would like to personally thank you and praise all of you for the exceptional care you provided for our father the past several years. Before taking residence at Hart Heritage, [our loved one] was residing at Oak Crest. When his needs required constant assistance, we searched 3 or more facilities before visiting Hart Heritage. Our first impression was wonderful. In time we realized this was the best we could do for Dad. Everyone from the administration, health and personal care, as well as the kitchen, cleaning & maintenance staff were always considerate, caring and friendly. A real feeling of family, friendship and sincerity to the care of others, in our opinion was unsurpassed. Also, we would like to acknowledge the wound care specialist, Ms. Donna [removed], Dr. Alfred [removed], U.C.H and the hospice care from Amedisys for their care in times of additional comfort and needs. Please use these word as a testimonial to the highest quality, care, concern and dignity that your exceptional facility provided to our father. In closing, we wish you all the best for many years to come in the care of others love ones.
With heartfelt gratitude, appreciation and Best regards,

P.S. "Caring for people in need is the greatest human compassion that can be bestowed on oneself and ALL of you should be proud of what you do for the loved ones of others!" Thank you again, [name removed]

tour

visited this community and found it charming and where I would want my dad . very clean very impressive building .

Beautiful facility. Thank you for taking care of my mother. Would refer community to other family and friends.

liked facility

I was visiting with my friend and The staff was wonderful. The feel of warmth and love as soon as you hit the front door. If my parents were still here, I would place them at this community. There was no odor and overall, very nice.

Did not care for the admini...

Did not care for the administrator that met with us. She did not spend time with us like the others did. We did not feel a connection with her like we did at other facilities. They only had single rooms and were more expensive.