HarborChase of Sterling Heights - Sterling Heights, MI

Spoke with [name removed], very nice sent information on Dad is going to look over and discuss with [name removed]. set apt for tomorrow [date removed]

Great facility and great staff! I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. All staff members were friendly. Loved their philosophy of care and their attention to their clients. The rooms were private and nice and they involve the family with all decision making.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to rate us! We’re happy to hear that you had a great tour and we very much appreciate your kind words about our beautiful community, attentive associates, spacious apartments, and our philosophy of care. We hope you’ll come back by for another tour soon. We’d love to welcome you back to HarborChase! Again, we sincerely thank you for your review.

Feels like a Resort

I love seeing the changes in my Aunt since she has moved here. They have her room decorated very nicely, made sure that she has a wheelchair and a walker at her disposial. The staff has been wonderful they are encouraging her to be a part of the different activities and her goal is to get to on one of their many field trips. My Aunt is so much more active, she likes going out to the courtyard which is in the middle of the community and total secured, she visits with the other residents in the sitting areas, she even likes going to the dining room and enjoys the food. I would definitely recommend scheduling a tour at this community.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation and five-star review! We’re very happy that you and your family decided to choose HarborChase for your Aunt. We’re glad to hear that she is enjoying our dining services and the many activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. We also very much appreciate the kind words about our caring and friendly associates. Every day, they are focused on providing the very best in senior living for our residents and their family members. Again, we thank you for your five-star review. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Overall a great experience

Senior living is a complicated issue. We want the best for our loved one's and we always want more and better care, but the reality of the situation is that Harbor Chase and their employees do the best that they can for the amount of money we pay. The cost seems enormous on our end, but again when we consider that it is all inclusive, 24/7 care it is probably a bargain.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We’re happy that you decided to choose HarborChase for your loved one. We also appreciate your kind words about the tremendous value our residents and their family members receive at HarborChase. Every day, our residents enjoy innovative health services, delicious dining options, housekeeping services, a variety of activities, and care that transcends the expected. Again, we thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you and your family in the years to come.

We are so pleased

Overall, Harbor Chase provides a good level of service for my Mom. My mom has been at Harbor Chase for a year. She is so happy there and we are so pleased with the services and care she has received.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad that you and your family chose HarborChase for your Mom. We appreciate the wonderful compliments about the services and care she has received at HarborChase. We’re pleased to hear that she is so happy at HarborChase. We will continue to go above and beyond to bring you the very best in Senior Living. Again, we thank you for your review and look forward to serving you and your Mom for years to come.

Happy with the experience

Really appreciate the balance of personal and professional attitudes and actions of the Harbor Chase staff team.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for your five-star review of HarborChase! We really appreciate you taking the time to compliment the attitudes and actions of our hard-working and dedicated associates at HarborChase. Every day, they are truly focused on providing our residents and their family members with the very best in senior living. Again, we thank you for your five-star review!

Happy with services we getting

My mom has only been living in Harbor Chase for a couple of months, so it's too early to comment on many aspects. What has been fantastic, however, is all the assistance we received from the staff when we were evaluating living options for my Mom and, more importantly, when we moved her in and got her settled.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for the five-star review! We’re glad you and your family chose HarborChase for your mom. We are happy to hear that your experience so far has been a good one and that the move-in process went well. We thank you for your comments about our dedicated and compassionate associates. They work hard to ensure a smooth and painless transition into senior living for our residents and their loved ones. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us. We look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come!

Staff is caring and excellent

They do everything we need. The staff is very good. They work with her daily. They work with my mother so much, I will give them so much credit. They have beautiful ladies there, and they have 24/7 coverage; we are grateful for that. They serve three meals and two snacks a day.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for your wonderful five-star review! We’re very happy that you and your family decided to choose HarborChase for your mother. We appreciate the kind words about our community and the dining services available. We’re glad to hear that her time with us has worked out so well for you all. Our associates are dedicated to truly serving the needs of all of our residents, and we’re proud to be able to provide you and your family with some peace of mind. Again, we thank you for your five-star review. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Employers are excellent.

The employees at Harbor Chase are very attentive and helpful. The areas are always clean and beautiful. The only complaint I have is that his emergency button did not work when he fell during the night.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We are happy that you chose HarborChase for your loved one. We also sincerely appreciate the kind words about our clean and beautiful community and our attentive associates and care partners. We also appreciate your concern and we’ll be sure to look into it. It’s feedback like yours that helps us to continuously improve our community and its services. Again, we thank you for your review!

Nice and Clean Atmosphere

The staff was always very friendly and helpful.My Mother has been in Harbor Chase of Sterling Heights, Michigan for over 3 years. Excellent Care, very clean facility, excellent management and staff.Overall the center is professional and considerate of the resident's needs.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for your excellent review! We’re very happy that you and your family decided to choose HarborChase for your Mother. We are glad to hear that her time with us has been such a great experience. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about our clean community, high level of care, excellent management and hard-working associates. Every day, our associates are steadfastly dedicated to serving the needs of our residents and their families. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us. We truly look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Great place for my Dad

I visited this facility Harbor Chase is the one I really liked. I liked that they have different levels for Alzheimer's or dementia. It depends on how bad your dementia or your Alzheimer's is, which hallway you'd be in, how much care and how much assistance you need. I think it's the best facility for dad.

I didn't get to know the staff, but I got to know the person that was showing us around. She seemed to be very good and she explained how their philosophy was, and what would look like what would be the best for my dad, being that his Alzheimer's is getting worse and worse. They were setup nicely and I could see my dad living there and there wouldn't be a problem.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We’re happy to hear that you had a great visit of our community. We appreciate the kind words about our community and our levels of care. We work closely with family members and loved ones to put together a customized care plan for each of our residents. We are focused on delivering care that truly transcends the expected. If you have any more questions about our care or would like to bring your dad by for a visit, we would love another opportunity to get to know you. Thanks again for taking the time to rate us.

My mother loved this place

Our mother, who had profound dementia, received consistent, loving, dignified care from her providers at HarborChase. We were totally relieved when she got there, angry as she was, and knew she was going to be safe and cared for. Towards the end of her life, her anger at being out of her home subsided and she began to participate in the many activities that were available to her. Her caretakers were just amazing.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. First off, you have our sincere condolences on your mother’s passing. We very much appreciate your wonderful words about our compassionate associates and care partners. We are happy to hear that we were able to provide your family with some measure of peace of mind. Again, we thank you for your review. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future.

Staff is great !

The staff at Harbor Chase of Sterling Heights works very hard at making our family's experience as good as it can be. They are willing to go the extra mile for our comfort, physically and mentally. As age and all it's mishaps progress, they are willing to work along with the family to provide everything needed.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We’re very glad that you chose HarborChase for your loved one. We also especially appreciate the kind words about our friendly, caring and hardworking associates. Every day, they are sincerely focused on providing the absolute best in senior care for our residents and their loved ones. Again, we sincerely thank you for rating us. We look forward to serving you and your family in the years to come.

My Mother and all the residents I speak to seem pretty happy

My Mother and all the residents I speak to seem pretty happy with the are they receive. With age and also being in contact with a lost of the same people day in and day out there are complaints I hear, i.e.: food not as good as it could be, lack of things to do, not getting along with some others. This is a hard thing to have to deal with and I believe the staff does an exceptional job. Just keep plugging away at the job you're doing. Thank you.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We’re very glad that you and your family chose HarborChase for your Mother. We sincerely appreciate the kind and encouraging words for our hard-working associates and care partners. They strive to ensure that our residents and their family members receive the very best in care each and every day. Again, we thank you for rating us. We look forward to serving you and your Mother for many years to come!

Harbor Chase Place is wonderful

Everyone at Harbor Chase Place is wonderful. I am so happy I found Harbor Chase for my mother-in-law to reside. She has been there a little over nine months and now she acts like the lady I had known all of my life. Moving her there has truly saved her life. Thank you so much.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for the five-star review! We’re glad you and your family chose HarborChase for your mother-in-law. We’re so happy to hear that she is adjusting well and we appreciate the kind words about HarborChase. We’re proud to be able to help provide peace of mind to the loved ones of our residents. Again, we sincerely thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come.

Overall a good place for residents.

The staff is very competent and always try to go above and beyond. They have lots of fun activities and outings. Only thing I can fault is lack of larger space for activity or outdoor life within safe boundaries.
They give good care to the residents and it's always clean. Could also be brighter inside the hallways for a brighter atmosphere and safety. But overall, a very good place for my relative.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad you and your family chose HarborChase for your loved one. We appreciate the review and the kind words about our clean community and the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. We also appreciate your concerns and will be sure to look into them. We are always looking for ways to improve our community and feedback like yours is certainly helpful. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come.

Overall very satisfied

We feel the direct care staff members are very kind, sincere, and attentive. There appear to be numerous and meaningful activities. The food appears very good, nutritious, and plentiful. We feel our family member is in a safe and clean environment. The exterior provides a nice place for residents to walk and sit.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about the many choices available through our delicious dining services as well as the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment Program. We especially appreciate the wonderful compliments of our friendly associates and care partners. They are truly focused on providing our residents and family members with the very best in senior living. Thanks again for your review!

Competent, caring, knowledgeable, patient, friendly, creative staff.

Competent, caring, knowledgeable, patient, friendly, creative staff. A 'family' culture in which everyone looks out for each other. The staff understands resident psychological as well as physical needs and takes initiative to step in when needed. Facilities are well-kept, clean and comfortable.

Billy Brandes

Thanks for taking the time to rate us. We thank you for your wonderful review and your kind words about our clean and comfortable community. We especially appreciate your recognition of our friendly, caring and hard-working associates and care partners. All of our associates are chosen for their experience and their commitment to our core values of respect, attentiveness, integrity, stewardship and excellence. They are truly focused on providing the very best in senior living for our residents and family members. Again, we thank you for your review!

Great job, keep going !

My mother, was given loving care the entire time she was in Harbor Chase of Sterling Heights. The staff were amazing! I visited my mother almost every day and never once did I feel she was not the upmost care and respect. The staff loved her like family.
I would recommend this facility without any reservations at all. My mother passed away at 89 years of age. She fell & broke her hip and only lived a week. She never suffered because of the loving care of the staff. I still go visit about once a week. There's definitely a connection that I feel there.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to rate HarborChase. We appreciate you and your family choosing our community for your mother. First of all, you have our sincere condolences on her passing. She is very much missed here by both our residents and associates. We also thank you for the wonderful compliments about our associates. We love hearing such warm words about our dedicated associates and care partners. Again, we’re sincerely sorry for your loss and wish your family all the best in the future. As a permanent part of our community family, you will always be welcome to come and visit us here at HarborChase.

Pleased with the quality of care and services offered

We could not be more pleased with the quality of care and service our parents have received at Harbor Chase. The staff is awesome, their room is homey, the food is great and the grounds are lovely. It is clear that everyone who works there really cares about the residents. There are many opportunities to get involved, and the staff is always trying to come up with new and fun activities. Knowing that there are people who are looking out for our parents when we're not there gives us such peace of mind, and you can't put a price tag on that.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you decided to choose HarborChase for your parents. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about our comfortable apartments, delicious dining services and the wealth of fun and stimulating activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. We especially appreciate the wonderful compliments about our hardworking and caring staff. Every day, they are focused on providing the very best in care for our residents and their families. We’re proud to be able to provide you with some measure of peace of mind, knowing that your parents are in good hands at HarborChase. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Lovely Community & Atmosphere

Harbor Chase of Sterling Heights is a lovely community conveniently located near shopping and health care. They have a first class food service and offer many options for residents to participate in activities. The community is light and bright and is always a pleasure to visit.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We love seeing five-star reviews! We also sincerely appreciate your kind words about our convenient location, top-notch dining services and the wealth of activities available every day through our Life Enrichment Program. We’re glad that you love visiting HarborChase and we hope you’ll come by again soon. Thanks again for the wonderful compliments!

They listen to my concerns and address them!

My mother is doing excellent! She is actually having the time of her life she has really blossomed from living alone. Now I have the peace of mind that she is eating and she is safe. I chose that place because it was not as institutionalized like other facilities. It was a huge stress for me when she was back home, and now I can feel that weight off of my shoulders and ve happy that she is happy! My mother having so much fun she's still pretty independent. HarborChase handles all the way through hospice so she can stay there the rest of her time and me don't have to move her. She goes on outings arts and crafts and memory care is very good. I can not say enough good things about this place!

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We very happy that you decided to choose HarborChase for your mother. We’re thrilled to hear that she is settling in well and enjoying the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. We sincerely appreciate all of the wonderful compliments about our community and our associates and care partners. We’re proud to be able to provide you with some measure of peace of mind, knowing that your mother is in good hands at HarborChase. Thanks again for your five-star review. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Mom is Busy With Activities

It is going well for my mom and she really likes the activities because it goes on all day. She likes to stay busy. The staff are friendly, nice, and I feel welcome when I visit daily. I have nothing negative to say, they keep the community clean. I picked them because I like the layout of 4 cottages all on one floor with no stairs. It is easy for mom to walk around.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your mom. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about our friendly associates, clean community environment and the carefully designed layout. We are also pleased to hear that your mom is enjoying the wealth of activities available every day through our Life Enrichment Program. Again, we sincerely thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you and your mom for years to come.

My mother in law was only there for 3-weeks before she passed. I do not believe the evening care was attentive at all to the residents. They were usually off socializing amoungst themselves or their phones.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate your thoughts and are sorry to hear you didn’t have an overall good experience at HarborChase. We will be sure to take a look the specific concerns you shared. We work hard to ensure that our residents and their family members are receiving the very best in senior living and care from our care partners. All of our associates are chosen for their experience and their commitment to our core values of respect, attentiveness, integrity, stewardship and excellence. Again, we thank you for your review. You and your family have our sincere condolences on the loss of your mother-in-law.

We love it!

These people here are fantastic. Everyone treats my brother very well. The community is always clean and they make sure that they vaccum the dining room after every meal. We have no complaints with them at all.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re so happy that you chose HarborChase for your brother. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about the cleanliness of our community and its hard-working and friendly associates. Again, we thank you for your review and look forward to serving you and your family for years to come.

Great Move

Very caring place, [Removed] and the whole staff. My Dad has done more in the week he has been there, than the 3 years at his other facility. What began as a very stressed time for my sister ended up being a very stress-free move for my dad and my sister is starting to relax a little. It really made us feel good to know that my dad could actually go out on a trip, his first one was to the aquarium. Thank you all at Harbor Chase and also thank you [Removed] from A Place for Mom.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us, Linda. We’re so happy that you chose HarborChase for your dad, and we sincerely thank you for your kind words about our associates and care partners. Every day, they are dedicated to providing the very best in senior care. We’re also truly pleased that we have been able to provide you and your family with peace of mind. Thanks again for your wonderful review. We look forward to serving you and your dad for many years to come.

place was very nice, and also the people. There was no availability for both parents.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We're glad that you had a good visit and we very much appreciate the kind words about our community and the wonderful people here. We’re sorry that we didn’t have any availability for both of your parents now. We look forward to serving you and your parents in the future. Thanks again for your review.

Great place to be

I have already responded to this email once. The facility is great and all the staff are very helpful and pleasant. They take great care of my brother [Removed] and his dog, [Removed].

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us, Rosemary. We appreciate the kind words about our community and its associates and care partners. They are truly dedicated to providing the very best in senior living. We are happy to hear that your brother is doing great and we look forward to serving your family in the years to come. Thanks again for your review!

My wonderful brother

My brother and his dog, are being taken care of wonderfully. Everyone there is terrific. I am at ease with harborchase and can sleep better at night, knowing he is being taken care of.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us, Rosemary. We’re so happy that you and your family chose HarborChase for your brother. We are glad to hear that things are going great for your brother and his dog. We especially appreciate the kind words about our associates and care partners. Every day, they are focused on providing care and service that transcends the expected. We’re proud to be able to provide you and your loved ones with some measure of peace of mind. Again, we thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you and your family for years to come.

Look elsewhere

Awful. Just awful. Go when management is there and it all looks good. After hours the "caring staff" is in the break room with the door closed, or parked in the Lobby on their phones. Medical needs? Forget it. Residents are soaking wet. Very little care given. Not sure why people private pay for this. Other than passing pills and serving gross meals nothing is done.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. Although it sounds like you may not have had a good experience, we have many residents and their family members who love our community, love our associates and appreciate the chef-prepared food offered in our dining venues. As for your other concerns, the health and wellness of our residents is of paramount importance to us and we can assure you that we have strict health and safety measures in place. Again, we thank you for your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

BE AWARE

My relative previously was doing well to moving to this facility...and then...was there less than 24 hours...dehydration and diarrhea caused low blood pressure and sent him to hospital. They didn't give any extra attention to someone new, to get my relative under their wing, get to know him. I was there all day, watching to see what was happening. The breakfast and lunch, I wouldn't feed to a dog. I was horrified, and traumatized by the whole thing. The "model" room shown wasn't what my relative received either...and put in the worst building...end of lifers, I guess you'd call it. Smoke and mirrors. I cringe at the thought of what could have happened.

Now, my relative is thriving, i'm happy to report.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We appreciate your concerns but want to assure you that all of our Care Partners are carefully chosen for their experience and their firm commitment to our core values of respect, attentiveness, integrity, stewardship and excellence. Additionally, our menus are created by a team of HarborChase Chefs in partnership with our registered dietitian and customized for resident preferences to provide a wealth of choices daily. We strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents every day by providing nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. We want to thank you again for taking the time to review us.

Safe and Caring Community

I am so appreciative of the assistance given by A Place for Mom and guiding us to Harbor Chase. What a wonderful community of caring staff and what a great facility. They are providing such great care for our Dad and giving us "peace of mind"/
We would highly recommend this facility to any family trying to find a good community for their Loved One.

so far the staff have been wonderful

From what I have encountered so far the staff have been wonderful at HarborChase of Sterling Heights. They really seem to try. It is a process of getting to know her and they are. The staff are very cooperative if there are ever any issues. The facility itself is not clean and doesn't appear to be. There are repairs needing to be done on the building externally. The grounds are not maintained. The first time I ate there the food was awful. The staff said they had to prepare what corporate told them. Then I did have another meal and it was okay. They do have a lot of activities but every person is different and I wish they would tailor some of the activities to the residents abilities. I keep hoping she can find a resident that can play some games with her that are on a higher level to keep h er engaged.

Very Pleased With HarborChase

I have been very pleased with the facility and with the staff particularly. They are very caring and very friendly and very professional, but there could be a little more attention to medical issues. All in all, however, I am pleased.

Good Staff

The staff at HarborChase of Sterling Heights just does a really good job on remembering the entire family and then just always being there for my grandmother. We are all very happy and pleased with them.

excellent care

When I hit the buzzer to get in, it takes a few minutes for someone to come and answer, which can be a pain. It's good for security, but I think it'd be better if they had a code I could enter and get right in.

They are taking really good care of mom though. They are feeding her well and really caring for her. It's a very clean nice place.

Beware

My loved one was placed in the unit with the "advanced" Alzheimer patients with the agreement and understanding that this would only be temporary. He would be moved to the correct unit "within a month". Well, they NEVER moved him as promised. For the money I paid, he did not get the care I contracted for. The helpers were friendly, but there were few social activities for him in that unit. I moved him out. Beware the bait and switch.

Nice place, overall

They've done a good job at HarborChase so far. It was a big adjustment for my loved one, since she had been completely independent up to this point, but they've been good about working with her and getting her settled in. It is a nice looking, clean, and secure community. There are a few areas we've had problems with, however. The caregivers can be a bit hit or miss, some of them are very compassionate and caring, and for others it is obviously just a job. I have noticed the caregivers on staff at night are much less attentive than the day staff. We've also had laundry issues, sometimes I will visit and my loved one will be wearing clothes that are not hers.

great facility

The price is great. Other places offer a shared room for the same price. They offer alot of great activities, and get the residents outside. All the workers are very friendly. The only negative issue I have. Is the wait to get her toe nails done, haircut, and manicure. That should be done ona regular basis.

Life Change

I find the staff was most helpful and instrumental at the time of looking for an assisted living facility and for all present times in which help is needed. They have helped my husband to adjust to his new surroundings. The one party I attended on December 12th was well attended by the families. Entertainment was great and the piano player was also great in getting all people together,

Overall they do a great job here! One...

Overall they do a great job here! One thing we really liked about this place, and one of the reasons we selected it, is that all of the rooms in the community are single room that have a separate living room area. We wanted our loved one to have some private space, and somewhere we could spend time with her when we came to visit. It's also just important for alzheimers patients to have some place of their own. Also the price for an individual room here was much better than others we looked at.

I've been very satisfied.

I've been very satisfied. The food looked good, though I haven't eaten it. It was nice clean pleasant, and private which is the reason we chose it.

Like this place...

Like this place...

very nice place and director was very...

very nice place and director was very helpful.

Harbor Chase of Sterling Heights. Licensed by the Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services. Harbor Chase provides residents the assistance they need with dignity and compassion, in a beautifully appointed safe and secure home-like setting. Residents enjoy social and physical enrichment programs designed specifically for the resident’s needs. The staff at Harbor Chase understands that each resident has different needs. We offer extensive on-site services such as home-cooked meals, physician visits, nursing supervision, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, lab, X-ray, dental, vision, podiatry, laundry & beauty shop.