Walnut Creek Living - Macomb, MI

A VERY GOOD, IMPRESSIVE HOUSE

I understand the how important it is to find the right place for you parent(s). That said, there are a few things about Walnut Creek Living that stood out. For one thing, it was the cleanest, most up-to-date residential home I have seen anywhere around the Macomb area. My mom lived in a very nice home, so I thought getting her to move will be a hard sell. But it wasn't hard with this place. It feels like you are getting a lot for your money. . Staff and owner does an excellent job of addressing my concerns and do seem very good at making sure things are taken care of.. Transition and move was very smooth..no hidden charges..explained very well upfront..I have seen bad communities; this is, however, a very good, impressive community.

visited not pleased with maintenance of the home and property

AMAZING CAREGIVING

Walnut Creek Living has been a godsend for our family. My father received the very, very best care anyone could ask for. The caregivers were so loving and took such good care of my father to the very end of his life. The owner takes such great care in choosing an amazing staff. The home was cheerful, friendly, very, very clean and truly a family atmosphere. It was a pleasure to visit my father and also engage with the caregivers and other residents. If anyone is looking for exceptional care for their loved one, this is definitely the place. It was such a loving experience.

[Removed], RN, privately owns 3 homes. They are like a B&B with a LVN who gives meds. 1:2 or 1:3 N/A: patient ratio. Phys. oversees all care. No beds are available currently. His website is [Removed]

DON'T WAIT AND WASTE YOUR MONEY ELSE WHERE..THIS HOUSE IS THE BEST..

Please don't wait to make your decision, I waited one day and some one took the spot..Then I had to wait 5 months to get in..This place is fantastic with two staff members at all times who are the best..we wasted so much money on a bigger facility for years not knowing..Sometimes it is hard to find good spots

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

What an amazing house!!!! We were desperately looking for a place for our mother all around Macomb area, We toured about 14 houses and luckily we found Walnut Creek, I have no words to describe how different this place was from what I saw while touring..Most homely atmosphere with pleasant staff, great owner and manager, extremely well kept house and clean, nice and clean furnitures (not like what we saw in other houses) my mother had the best time of her life before she passed away comfortably and we had the stress free time, staff took good care of our mother through out, I wish they will have an opening when I get old..Their rates are higher than other houses,,but there are plenty of reasons why they charge more..good things don't come cheap..

Really Amazing

This place was the best that we found for our dad after searching for a whole month...He truly enjoys the stay there and the company of the staff and other residents.. On top of that they go above and beyond to make something he feels like eating which is not even on the menu as he is a picky eater..Not sure how others can write degrading reviews..There is a smile on the staff when you walk in which you don't see often at other places, just means that it is a great place..No doubt!!

Terrible - ONLY CARE ABOUT THE $$$$$$ NOT THE RESIDENT

There are so many problems I don't even know where to begin:
1. Do not deliver what they advertise
2. LACK OF STAFF - 1 caregiver for 6 women - several who needed additional care (a women fell out of her wheelchair for example). Caregivers work 24-48 hours rotating between the 2 facilities. They really do not live there. The ones who spend the night are in the basement.
3. Advertise fresh meals - everything is premade frozen. If there is a fresh dinner it is served for the number of days there is food remaining.
4. 1 TV to be shared, however a specific resident dominates.
5. Advertise clothes each resident's clothes are washed separately - they lump them all together. My Mother lost several very expensive sweaters and couple were ruined.
6. Absolutely no activities - no interaction - no attempt
7. Advertise hairdresser - one woman came in charging $40 (for elderly women!) and hacked my mother's hair.

I could keep going, but it's not worth it

Best senior home in the area

Walnut Creek is the best choice we made for our Dad. My Dad was there for more than a year until he passed away a month ago. We have been into many places and was never satisfied with his care. I regret all the time for not finding this house earlier.But they are always full and waiting list is long. The house was taken over by a new management who is also a nurse about a year and half ago and things are running great.They got some caring staff and their food is fresh and cooked daily.

Walnut Creek

The home, staff and owner are great and I don't have to worry about her care. I am grateful to "A Place for Mom" and you for helping me to find this new home.

Spot was filled day after I looked. But home is very nice and welcoming.

faith driven Not enough help esp. nig...

faith driven Not enough help esp. night only monitors very part time staff family with 2 children

Semi room avaible, Young Couple with ...

Semi room avaible, Young Couple with two daughters reside in lower level.6 resident. Clean, religious and friendly.

Let's share the peace that God put in our hearts and in our home with you! Our goal is to meet physical and emotional needs where the lifestyle is changing,to maintain a healthy, safe living and preserve the quality of life with dignity and respect.

We are committed to give support, comfort and sense of security to everyday living.Located close to major shopping centers,free ways,hospitals,our facility welcomes all inquiries.We accept private funds and VA benefits; rent is month to month with 30 days termination notice.