Warning!

Suggestions for improvement by residents are refused without reason.
Management has no customer care.
Activities are controlled that most residents avoid them completely.
Maintenance is done by emergency only.
Landscaping is overdone creating a newcomer image, but it is fake.
When equipment does not work the problem is the residents.

Greentree Glen

My mother lived at Greentree and loved it. She unfortunately passed away during her first year. Judi, the resident manager, was the BEST manager I have ever dealt with. She made my mother feel at home and always had a smile and kind words for mom and her family!

Building is horrible.Guy on 1st floor has a dog you smell it as soon as you enter building. Hold your nose it's that bad.Manager in Iowa is rude. Rent goes up every year.Needs new Management . Apartment not up to part maintance in building once a week.

Review of Greentree Glen - Madison, WI

We appreciate everything the resident manager does - new exercise room - more lights in basement. We are treated like a family!

Review of Greentree Glen in Madison, WI

Judi - the Res Mgr gave us a wonderful tour. She explained everything and was so kind to my mother. Mom moved in November 1st - wonderful apartment!

Review of Greentree Glen

Judi gave us a tour - want to giver her many thanks for time she spent with us on our tour. She showed lots of great things at Greentree Glen. We left so at home and Judi's kindness and humor are obviously "contagious"! Thank you! (We are doing application for a 2 bedroom).

Resident Manager is very nosy, offici...

Resident Manager is very nosy, officious, and rude.
The Regional Manager (who works out of Dubuque IA) is rude, abrupt, unreasonable, and obsessed with "HUD inspections")
The physical plant is acceptable, but the building is not state of the art by any stretch.
In one of the years that I lived there, THREE apt. inspections took place! These inspections are unnecessary, intrusive, adversarial in nature and time-consuming.
I would recommend this place only to persons with few belongings (because of the harassing inspections) and/or for those who have no life, except for their residence.
The picture at the right bears NO RESEMBLANCE to Greentree Glen whatever!

Very nice place

I've been very pleased with how things have gone at Greentree Glen so far, I'd give them top marks across the board. It's a nice looking place, everyone has been very friendly, and they've got a good variety of social activities for the residents.

Reviewfor Greentree Glen in Madison, WI

Greentree Glen is a wonderful place for seniors. It has social activities and the maintenance is very good. The atmosphere here is very friendly.

Review for Greentree Glen in Madison, WI

This is a four star assisted living.

Review for Greentree Glen in Madison, WI

I give this independent living facility four stars.

Review for Greentree Glen in Madison, WI

The place is always very clean. People are nice and friendly here.

Review for Greentree Glen Review in Madison, WI

We love it! Manager is wonderful.

Overall I think they've been a five.

Overall I think they've been a five. They keep it very clean, they even just swept the underground garage. Everybody knows me and I can't remember one of their names. I haven't met anyone that doesn't stop, and talk to me. I feel like I am getting a good value. The only they don't have here, is it's hard to get meals on wheels, because they don't want meals left in the lobby. It's a safety factor, and I understand that. They are pretty quick to respond to a request or concern. They have a community room or a game room, and bring in movies and things, and a coffee hour. So far there isn't anything I would like to see improved or done better. I have a big car, and the parking space is rather small, and I have a problem getting in it with the big car, and once a larger space becomes available, they will give that to me. I liked that I still have lots of freedom.

The community and location is great, management maintenance is lacking.

We love the community that is here. The place is very conveniently located. Our unit is quite spacious and we have a washer and dryer as well as a freezer, which we purchased from the former tenant. For the most part the place is clean. The activities are at about the level that the tenants seem to want. Most of us are active in other places. That said, the building itself has reached an age where it needs a lot of things replaced. We were without the elevator for a week due to needed repairs. We were compensated with a free diner. The water softener is currently being replaced and we will have no water at times for 2 days. Appliances (stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher) are cheap and/or worn out as are the sinks in the bathrooms. The brochure says that there is WiFi in the building but it can't be counted on.

Good for Independent Seniors

Greentree had the nicest rooms that we saw, but it seemed like a higher degree of independence than my mom could handle. They did have a small common area, but all of the residents that we saw were coming and going very independently. My mom is not driving so this wouldn't have worked.

Manager is very paranoid, unapproachable, unavailable & negative once you move in.

Manager squelches residents' attempts to build closer community. Mgr applies or makes up rules selectively, depending on whether she likes them. Does as little as possible to be available or to allow residents to design social events/activities. Attends virtually no resident events and has almost no knowledge of residents' needs, knowledge or health concerns. Has strong control issues and lies to her superior to cloud her lack of skills and initiative. Does not listen or accept suggestions or questions from residents and refuses time spent problem-solving. She looks out for only herself and the few residents she still speaks to or who will still speak to her. If you want only an affordable apartment and want no involvement in building activities, you might survive emotionally in this setting. I wish I'd interviewed some of the residents before moving here.

Director was kowledgeable, helpful an...

Director was kowledgeable, helpful and informative. She did a nice job of showing me around the premises.

Greentree Glen 55+ Adult Community sits off the road in a beautiful country-like setting with many trees. Greentree Glen has 13 income eligible and 48 market rate one and two bedroom apartments for persons 55 and better. Come visit us so that you can see all that this beautiful property has to offer!