Grasslands Estates - Wichita, KS

We were very impressed with Grasslands Estates. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and there were a lot of activities planned. This was actually our west-side choice, but opted for east side as it is closer to [name removed] primary care-provider.

Overall really nice

Overall this facility is really nice. The staff team here is very good and I like them. They’re just great. They provide activities for the residents and they have a calendar that they put out every month with that information. There is always something going on there. They try to provide a really nice atmosphere for the residents during the meals (even though the food isn’t that great) and a nice atmosphere overall in the facility. The food itself seems to be too sweet; I don’t care much for it. It’s like they add too much sugar to everything. The cleanliness overall as well is alright for the most part. They did have a situation with bed bugs shortly after my loved one moved in. However, they assured me that they were on top of that and spending a lot of money on pest control. I feel confident to know that they would resolve this problem and they were aware of it. All in all I would recommend this location to others.

Mom is Happy

Mom chose this community after touring it because it was nice and clean very well kept up. And she tried the food too and it was great. There are plenty of daily activities like a movie night. The grounds are well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Very Friendly & Great Food!

My mom is doing really well at Grasslands Estates. Everything is great except for their one tiny elevator for the entire place. Other than that, the environment is very warm and welcoming. The staff is very friendly and there to help out any way they can to make everyone comfortable. The food is really good, actually, it is too good. A person could easily gain weight here with the wonderful variety and choices. Mom really likes her one bedroom apartment. They have activities going all day and every day for the residents to participate and keep busy. They have nicely landscaped walkways and patios to get out and exercise, or relax and enjoy the fresh air. When we signed up they had a promotional discount in July that really helped us out. We think they are doing a great job taking care of my mom. I would recommend this community to others.

Good tour

Grasslands Estates was a very nice community. The staff was friendly and gave a good tour of the community and showed us what they had to offer. We chose another community based on our budget needs.

5 stars

Things are going well for mom at this community. She likes the food and they offer good choices. The staff have been friendly and helpful. They offer daily activities and the community is kept very clean. I would recommend this community.

Ideal move for my parents

After much research my parents, myself and my siblings decided Grasslands Estates was the best "new home" for my parents. Mom and dad have lived almost all of their lives in a small community of 200 people in Central Kansas. Moving to the big city was a little changeling for them but because I live just 5 minutes from Grasslands they feel very happy about their decision. Each day when I stop to visit they are telling me about the great meals they had the day before and that they met another new person in the dining room. My dad is in a wheel chair due to Parkinson's Disease and my mom is legally deaf and has Macular Degeneration so they are somewhat limited to the activities that are available to them. Mom and dad have been at Grasslands for almost 2 months now and I think they are now ready to try some of the activities knowing that there are other residents that have disabilities also. All-in- All the move to Grasslands has been a huge success for my parents and a huge feeling of peace for myself knowing they are now just 5 minutes away instead of 2.5 hours away.

The care of this community is outstanding. The staff are caring and he has adjusted well to his new enviroment. We are happy to know he is in a clean community. He is happy to have his dogs with him. He seems to be very happy with the menu and the good variety. They have great activites and he is slowing start to participate with other . We would highly recommend this community for the care and the value for others

Tour was Nice

My wife, and I had a good tour of this community. The community looked nice, and well-kept. You could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff was polite, and informative. Our questions were answered. It was a good experience, and our went well.

Good adjustment

I've shared a few meals with my mother and the food is really good. The staff has been really nice and helpful. My mother was having an issue with the remote in her room and they helped her. The only downside is the parking lot for families and visitors is too small.

Caring staff!!

We all loved the Grasslands Estates. My mother was not the biggest fan, but we as the kids thought it was great. The staff was all very caring and attentive. The food was great and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking.

Grasslands home for dad

The staff is very friendly and accommodating providing many extras that their competition doesn't. Good value

Wish the stay was longer...

We had barely moved my mother into Grassland Estates when her health took a terrible turn for the worse. She spent one night there. The staff was helpful to her in her very disoriented state when she woke there. Later in the day she was taken to the hospital, and never returned. Initially my family was quite upset that we were still being asked to pay for the full 90-day lease (which was paid upfront and in full), but Grasslands was gracious enough to return a portion of that money to us considering the circumstances. I know other residents at this location, and know they enjoy Grasslands very much. The staff is exceptional in treating residents and guests alike like family. I only wish our mother could have enjoyed much, much more time there.

Has A Lot To Offer!!

At the moment i have not been engaging in the activities that are offered but, there are a few that i will be participating in soon. The staff are friendly and the housekeeping does good maintaining the community and apartments clean. They provide 3 tasty and healthy meals a day. Most importantly i feel safe in this place.

Happy, Healthy Parents

Our parents needed to find a place quickly. The Grasslands have made them welcome and comfortable. They have already made new friends and enjoy activities.

Unfair leading practices.

It's difficult for me to review this facility. My mother stayed there only one night. Because of her illness, she was taken to hospital the next day. She never returned to Grasslands. The staff seemed to be helpful and accommodating. It's a very beautiful, clean, well-kept place. Because their lease stipulated we were obligated to pay for 3 months, we were held to that, even though my mother passed away and never spent a second night there. We were shocked that they really held us to that.

Holiday Retirement

Hello Kelly, My name is Katie and I work for Holiday in our home office. I wanted to reach out and offer my condolences for your mother's passing, and also thank you for sharing this experience with us. I'm so happy we were able to connect off-line and work together toward achieving resolution on this issue. Thank you as well for bringing this matter to our attention in the first place, and providing us the opportunity to make things right. We appreciate it, and you! Of course, if we can be of further assistance, now or down the road, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Move in day

The only negative is there is only 1 elevator so it pressed some problems as when the movers arrived residents were coming down for lunch, and the residents did not like it that the elevator was being used for moving. The movers did start using the stairs, but it was a hardship on them. But overall got my dad n stepmom settled in that was the main agenda. They are enjoying all the amenities. So good choice of Grasslands

Beyond Expectations

My brother is adapting well to his new community. The staff are friendly and nice, they always talk with him as he walks by them. He has some friends that pick him up and take him out. The community is very clean and very nice, his room is kept clean too. I can't believe how lucky we are to find this place, I have already recommend them!

She Has Made A Few Friends

My mother is doing wonderful at this community. I know she is safe and in good hands. This is nice community, they keep everything nice and clean. They have a good staff here, they have been welcoming and responsive to my concerns. She has made a few new friends. There are activities for her to try when she is ready. She is satisfied with the food. I'm comfortable with the care she is getting. I would recommend this facility.

Great Place

My father & mother just moved in. I found the staff friendly and the management very accommodating. We had a couple of requests upon moving in and they were completed immediately. They are very happy and so am I!

Very nice place

Our experience with Grasslands Estates has been a very good one! We were really pressed for time during our search for senior living, so I really appreciated how prompt and helpful their sales and administrative staff were when we needed it! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here!

Review of Grasslands Estates-Wichita, KS

This is my choice if we get my dad to commit. The food is excellent, the community has all the things he likes to do but he won’t give up his dogs. They are allowed but he would need to walk them and that won’t happen.

They've Gone Above and Beyond

My loved one had only been there for about three weeks before he fell and had to be moved. We are under contract and still have to pay, but they have worked with us through the entire process. They are patient and have just gone above and beyond. They are a very caring staff. The food is also very delicious.

So far things are going pretty well.

So far things are going pretty well. She seems to be adapting and enjoying the different lifestyle. She has enjoyed the food, and participated in the exercises and stuff. This was the first place we looked at, and she liked it right away. We looked at others, but this was the pretty clear choice for us.

Top-Notch

The Grasslands Estates was just a top - notch facility and it definitely deserves five - star ratings all the way through. In my opinion, everything about the facility was just very fine according to me.

So far it's been good.

So far it's been good. They are very friendly, and very clean. We haven't had any issues so far. We chose them because they were reasonably priced, and in a good location for us.

The First Week

Dad arrived about a week ago after being released from a skilled nursing unit. The manager who greeted us handled him beautifully and with the patience of a saint. Everyone has been fantastic and more than willing to help. Health care is provided by an outside agency however the agencies rent rooms at the facility so we can hire help for dad any time of the day or night. The RN assigned to this facility has helped immensely with Dads transition and seeing that he is following DR's orders. The facility is homey and the staff is superb. The only complaint so far, is the inflexibility of meal times. However, the food is delicious.

Very Nice

Haven't been able to place mom yet due to in and out of hospital but have rented here and we like it very much, seems like a very good facility.

They Provide

They provide what they advertised and nothing more. I moved to this facility for one reason and that is my children are closer here. I get the care I need for the the price I pay.

really nice place

It really is a very nice place, and the food is some of the best we have had. All home-cooked and very well prepared, and willing to accommodate special dietary needs and requests.

There are some things that could improve though. The social aspects of the office and the management there is terrible. They have a really nice facility, but the people could certainly be friendlier. They seem to have a high turn-over of staff for some reason.

Second Home

The food is great. Meals take a long time but they seems to enjoy the social time of sitting and talking to folks. Big meal is at lunch and the lighter meal at night. Two different chefs and both seem to do a great job. Place is clean, nice staff, lots going on. Activities you can be a part of or not. You have your own heating and air for your room. Big hallways and holding bars. Down fall, only one elevator. So at meal time it takes a while to get down from 2nd and 3rd floor. But I guess they have all the time in the world. If you are thinking of leaving your home, this is a great place to go and meet other people.

extremely happy

Our family is extremely happy with our choice of Grasslands Estates. The managers are super-efficient and willing to address any questions we have. My only critique is that some of them could be a little more warm and personable.

We looked at many different places online, and toured a lot personally, and are happy we chose Grasslands Estates.

For the first 30 days after a resident moves in, they let the family eat in the dining room free of charge! I told the manager "you better not tell my family that!" but they did, we took them up on it, and we loved it!

Good Place

We moved our parents into Grasslands 4 months ago and they are beginning to adapt well. Very well maintained and affordable (compared to everything else we have looked at). The only complaint I have received from my parents (on numerous occasions) is the food. They say the food is not good. Ex: the chicken is very dry and the soup is extremely bland. They say that they have a chef that cooks it but mom said that the chef is actually the man that started as a dishwasher that they moved into the chefs position when the real chef quit.

So far so good

Overall things seem to be going well at Grasslands Estates! She has settled in well, and seems to be enjoying herself. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very pleasant, caring, and professional.

The people were nice and the place was nice...

The people were nice and the place was nice. The one thing that really turned me off, was the A/C-heating units in the rooms. It was like what you find in a motel. It does not make me want to live there, that's not like home. There was one even in the bedroom, I would think that would be loud. I was not impressed.

Great Place with Great Perks!

I had a strange but lovely 3 month life at Grasslands. I moved in then 3 days later was in a hospital for some time.
Then, Family Rehab Center where I was for several weeks and then released to go back to Grasslands. I was there about two to three days when family members brought me to an assisted living facility that has nothing like I had at Grasslands. AND lost the greatest perks. You could go to other places throughout U.S. and Canada and stay in a similar apartment just like the one I had at Grasslands, for free. I want to go back there to live soooooo bad!

Going well!

We really haven't had any issues, I like that it's a little bit smaller than the other ones we looked at, not too terribly small and not too big that you get lost. I wasn't real sure about her having meals set at a certain time, what if she was hungry sooner or later or whatever but it actually seems like it's worked out really well. She has people that she sits with and it's actually going pretty well.

Tiffany was very helpful an...

Tiffany was very helpful and responded quickly to all of my emails and phone calls. The rooms were very nice, most with a small patio area. Lots of activities and outings available to the residents. I have read 2 reviews that cautioned reading the fine print before signing a contract with Grasslands. They did offer a 'fixed rate' option for rent at an additional cost, this makes me wonder about the possibility of rent going up each year, red flag!

Good Community

We are really happy with Grasslands Estates the staff is really good and helpful. The staff has been very accommodating and has really tried to make it a good experience. It is a really nice community that is taken care of. We are happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Very impressed. As an independent fa...

Very impressed. As an independent facility, this may well be worth serious consideration. Less restrictive access, etc. Facilities beautiful. Food provisions exceptional. Director was very informative and helpful.

We liked Grasslands but probably not ...

We liked Grasslands but probably not consider it in our options.

Located in an upscale neighborhood on the west side of Wichita, we offer you a beautiful, peaceful home conveniently close to all the best things in life. We’re minutes away from first-class shopping, excellent healthcare and all the culture and entertainment of Wichita.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Holiday Retirement offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense. Pets are welcome!

Built with your comfort and safety in mind